Skip to content

Waze Suggestion Box

Welcome and thank you for your interest in improving Waze!
As you share your ideas, here are a few friendly reminders:
  • There’s power in numbers! Search through existing suggestions to see if there's someone else with a similar idea and upvote it.
  • You can build upon an idea -- simply comment below your fellow Wazer's submission.
  • This forum is intended for user feedback and ideas. If you have an issue which needs support, please visit our help center.
Terms and conditions
  • Any comments, feedback, ideas, reports, suggestions, or other information you provide to Waze (part of Google LLC) about Waze products and services (collectively “Feedback”) is not part of your personal data.
  • You agree not to disclose, in your Feedback, to Waze any information, such as third-party information, that you are obligated to maintain as confidential.
  • Waze has no obligation to use your Feedback.
  • By submitting your Feedback in this page, you acknowledge that you are of the minimum age required to provide data processing consent in the applicable country where you are located and that you provide permission to Waze, and its affiliates, to use your Feedback and any information that personally identifies you to improve Waze’s current and future products and services in accordance with Waze's Privacy Policy (waze.com/legal/privacy).
  • Please avoid providing any personal information in your Feedback.
  • Providing a name, when submitting Feedback, is optional. If you choose to provide your name, it will be publicly displayed in this forum next to your Feedback. You can delete your name and provide your Feedback as an anonymous user at any time.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

252 results found

1. Localized Highway Shields (State & County Routes, etc)

In the U.S., each state has its own highway route number shield. Some states, like West Virginia, also have county route shields that differ from the state route shields. In Pennsylvania, a route like Route 28 would show the Keystone with a 28 on top of it.

A lot of effort is taken in WME to ensure the road names and turn-by-turn instructions match signage. Drivers would benefit by having the same highway shields in their Waze app as they will see on the highway signage as they drive.

Apple has already included this in Apple Maps. It should be…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. need waze to tell me the turn after next, so I can set lane position properly when making the next turn

Waze will show/tell m the next turn to make, but before I get to it, I need to know what the turn after will be, to insure my lane position is correct for the coming turn.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Inclusão do valor em pedágios em determinada rota!

Olá.
    Não sei se já sugeriram isso: acredito que, além do tempo e distância, muitos motoristas também avaliam o custo do pedágio em suas viagens. Creio que a informação de quantos pedágios e o total gasto com eles em determinadas rotas seria de grande utilidade. Aqui no RJ, por exemplo, pode-se ir a Cachoeiras de Macacu pela BR-116/RJ-122/RJ-116, ou pela BR-101/RJ-116, com condição de tempo/distância relativamente iguais; mas na primeira opção se gasta R$18,10 em 1 praça de pedágio, e na segunda se gasta R$9,70 em 2 praças.
    A atualização poderia ser feita por editores de nível alto, e não…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your suggestion! As you may know, Waze calculates and displays toll prices in many parts of the world. To know when this becomes available in your country, stay tuned on Waze’s social pages on Facebook and Instagram

4. Carpool indication option

Good afternoon,

I am a daily Waze user, and have often wondered why the app does not have an option for carpoolers. I think it would tremendously help everyone if there was a switch to indicate if one is carpooling or not. I believe it would provide better ETAs and routes. For example, I can take the carpool lane on the freeway, which may be faster than taking streets as a solo driver. I'd be interested to hear your thoughts!

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your suggestion! As you may know, Waze offers HOV routing for taxis. To change your vehicle type go to Settings > Vehicle type. There are currently no plans to add more HOV options.

5. centering

can you please make the "auto-centering" optional. It is really annoying to have it auto-center when I am looking at something else.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Would love to see Hotels along the way..Thx

On a road trip right now & would be great to see all hotels available with prices & reviews! Love waze:)
    Thank you

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. add an option for Alternative fuel vehicles to be routed to HOV and HOT lanes since they are exempt

In the state of Georgia Alternative fuel vehicles are permanently exempt from HOV and HOT lane restrictions and as such they are a good option but waze has no way to know we electric folks are using HOV and HOT lane.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your suggestion! As you may know, Waze offers HOV routing for taxis. To change your vehicle type go to Settings > Vehicle type. There are currently no plans to add more HOV options.

8. planning a route via website

Any reason why I cannot get directions using the web via pc? Sooooo I have to resort to mapquest or google maps while at my pc? It would be nice to plan my route out, save it and then access it on my smartphone. This is already possible on mapquest ......

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your suggestion! As you may already know, a live map is available as a web version, which you can use to see real time traffic reports. Search for Waze live map.

9. Add lane guidance feature to Apple Car Play

Add lane guidance feature to Apple Car Play

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Great news! Lane guidance feature for CarPlay is now available in Waze. Install the latest app version to check it out.

10. Mph and metres for directions.

It’s very simple. Two toggle options. To change the speed unit to mph for the speed limit but be able to keep the directions in metres for those shorter turnings and directions in town. In England we use mph and how many miles to but after that we commonly talk about metres. So I am asking for another option so that people can customise the speed limit alerts and the distance to alerts.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Personal speed limit for electric cars

As I recently done 800 miles with my zoe, I found that the fastest route is not actual fast.
    Generally, best range can be achieved by keeping speed around 56 mph at motorway for an electric car.

However, route optimisation has been done based on the top speed of the route unless there is a traffic.

Therefore, if we can have personalised top speed, we might different route.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Great news! This feature is already available in Waze. It’s called Personalized ETA.

Personalized ETA setting is turned on in Settings – Navigation – Personalized ETA. Waze would analyze the drives you took in the past, calculate how long it took you to drive sections of the route, and compare this information with Waze’s estimates. Then, it uses this info to personalize your ETA whenever you search a route in Waze.

Important: Waze won’t analyze drives that you delete from your drive history. Deleting drives may disable Waze from personalizing your ETA until you take more drives.

12. Adding link to OBD2 Bluetooth transmitter which provides speed data info. Combing this with a gyroscope allow navigation in tunnels.

Adding a link to an OBD2 Bluetooth transmitter which provides speed data info. Combing this with a gyroscope from a mobile allows navigation in tunnels.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Moto mode

Dear Sir:
    In Taiwan, we mostly using motocycle, maybe 60~70% I guess.
    If it can have Moto mode I'll be very grateful.
    But if it have difficult in technology, Hope it can have blacklist in rode name, That we can To avoid high way and some rode or street that no motorcycle allowed in road zone or something like that
    Thanks

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Uso de Waze dependiendo del tipo de Transporte

En muchos paises el tiempo de llegada a un determinado destino, varia significativamente dependiendo si vas en automovil o en motocicleta. Por lo que sería buenisismo que Waze preguntara al inicio el tipo de vehiculo que uno utiliza. Pues en un area de mucho trafico una motocicleta se moviliza mucho más rápido que un automovil. Y que esto sea considerado al momento de calcular la mejor ruta a un destino

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Any plans to add GREEK as a language?

Any plans to add GREEK as a language?

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Dangerous directions

I have been directed to cross very busy boulevards from side streets without traffic lights. Very dangerous and often impossible. Most recent example sent me north on Carson street in Beverly Hills to cross Wilshire Blvd - extremely unsafe without a traffic light.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. ETA Only - no directions

Other mapping apps allow “ETA Only” choice. I know how to get to work. I don’t need directions. But, I’d still love getting an ETA and hazard warnings.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Carpool lane

It would be great if waze could calculate the time your route would take if you were in a carpool lane. As it can take less time when in an HOV lane, the arrival time given is usually off. For instance, when I use the I-405, it will want we to take the 1-110 and then the I-101, but then it will tell me that the route using the I-110 is slower than if I had just stayed on the I-405. This is quite annoying and so I would if you could put in either you were using the carpool…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Waze for Car Play

It would be nice to see Waze integrated into Car Play so it's easier to see while driving instead of looking down at the phone.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your suggestion! As you may already know, Waze is already supported on CarPlay. Stay tuned for more feature updates on Waze’s social pages on Facebook and Instagram

20. Match multiple riders to unlock HOV for everyone

In the San Francisco Bay Area, and many other municipalities, HOV lanes require 3 or more people to use. If Waze Rider had a feature that let you request an HOV carpool only, and would enable multiple matches so that you could get 3 people in the car (driver + 2 riders), everyone would save 45 minutes of traffic. That would be a huge incentive to get people to use the app, meaning easier and more matches and fewer cars on the road.

Add HOV matching!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base