Waze Suggestion Box

Welcome and thank you for your interest in improving Waze!

• There’s power in numbers! Search through existing suggestions before adding new ones. If you agree with a suggestion, vote to show your support and use the comment section to add to the idea.
  • When beginning a new suggestion, be sure to select a category so it can be sent to the right team.
  • This forum is intended for user feedback and ideas. If you have an issue which needs support, please visit our help center.
  • Any comments, feedback, ideas, reports, suggestions, data, or other information you provide to Waze or its Google affiliates ("Waze") relating to Google products and services (collectively “Feedback”) is separate from and not part of your personal data.
  • Waze may use any Feedback without restriction to develop and improve Waze’s current or future products and services.
  • You agree that you will not disclose to Waze any third-party information in your Feedback that you are otherwise obligated to maintain as confidential.
  • Waze has no obligation to use your Feedback.
  • By submitting your Feedback in this page, you acknowledge that you are of the minimum age required to provide data processing consent in the applicable country where you are located and that you provide permission to Waze and its affiliates to use your Feedback and any information that personally identifies you to improve Waze’s current and future products and services in accordance with the Waze Privacy Policy (https://www.waze.com/legal/privacy). Please avoid providing any personal information in your Feedback. Please note that providing your name is optional. If you choose to provide your name, it will be publicly displayed in this forum next to your Feedback. You can delete your Feedback only as long as it didn't receive any reactions from other users. However, you can delete your name and provide your Feedback as anonymous user at any time. You may also delete your comments and upvotes at any time.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. search by lat. and long. when looking for destination

allow search by lat. and long. when looking for destination

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Rearrange the Order of Destinations.

Sometimes I want to add a waypoint/destination after I've already entered a start and end place. I want to be able to rearrange them into the order I want to travel. Right now we can't do that.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Bring up old reports/pics.

Would love to be able to bring up old reports I had submitted with pics.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  iPhone  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. שדרוג השוואת מסלולים

מציע להכניס באפשרויות השוואת המסלולים את כל המסלולים הרלוונטיים בלי קשר לאפשרות נסיעה עם/בלי כבישי אגרה. הדבר נחוץ מאוד לחישוב הכדאיות לשימוש בכבישי אגרה. אשמח לקבל תגובה

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Update the iPhone user manual in the wiki

Please update the iPhone user manual in the wiki, it doesn't resemble the current shipping app at all.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Is anyone reading and maintaining these forums?

http://waze.uservoice.com/forums/59225-cartouche-map-editor-and-waze-com-website has been broken now for many days. Would the person/persons that set up these forums please fix!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. When I report police via the voice recognition it always is hidden

More prompts for voice recog and recognize help

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 2 finger tap to zoom out

Zooming out should be accomplished with a two-finger tap on the map, just like the native google map.

Having to tap to bring out the controls, then visually locate the proper button and steady your finger to tap the correct button takes too much concentration away from driving.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. reports of "Missing bridge overpass"

As I am editing maps I see a lot of user reports of "Missing bridge overpass".

Usually, there is nothing I can do about the report because I don't see any sign of a Missing bridge overpass anywhere nearby.
    Sometimes I can tell that the road has an intersection that should be an overpass with no intersection and I can fix that.

I suggest that there are three major categories of things needing to be reported:
    1) immediate traffic problems due to movable objects.
    a) traffic problems
    b) hazards
    2) long term problems due to changes in permissible traffic
    a)…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 'blind' or pre-announce mode.

I use waze on a Motorcycle, the phone is in my pocket the screen is off. It would be nice if I could hear (Bluetooth helmet) what my next turn will be after I make a turn so that I know about how long until the next turn.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. individual vocal cue control

I would love to be able to turn the different vocal cues on and off individually. The only option currently seems to be to get a cue 1/4 mile before the turn, 1/10 mile before the turn, and at the turn itself. The 1/10 mile warning always comes immediately after the 1/4 mile warning, making it useless and annoying, so I'd really like to be able to turn that one off!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Use glGenTextures in texturing code

Using glGenTextures in Waze texturing code will expand compatibility with more devices.

Thanks! Keep up the good work with this amazing application.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Preparing trip with altitude and car profile : choosing less fuel consupion

In order to save fuel and money, what do you think to have a preview of the profile ?
    Choising a flat road instead a road with up's and down's, your drive is safe for consumption.
    If we could add the car profile, with regular consumption in Urban, Highway & combined, we can see the best choice for saving money.

Last topic, Waze could an EPEAT software or other certified software.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Make map icons easier to identify!

When looking at the waze map, it is difficult to tell what direction the traffic/police/accident icons are positioned for. There should be something included on the icon that indicates if the report is for Eastbound/Westbound traffic; maybe just a "W" or "E" included in the icon? Maybe add an arrow pointing in the direction of traffic flow that the report is effecting?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. New types of reports

Besides being able to point report something (not just being able to report on current location... after all you are in a car moving). Add the option of "closed road". aka, you can't go through here, seek alternatives.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Send to Twitter

As a user I want to be able to send only certain "reports" to twitter. The most logical time to do this is whilst I am reporting an event

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Add the ability to add tags/user mentions to all tweets

Waze has Twitter integration but there is no ability to customise the tweets. Add the ability to append text to all tweets such as hashtags or mentions of users you want to notify. This would be pre set in settings to avoid having to do it at drive time.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Optional speed based auto zoom for normal (non-routing) use.

I just thought it would be nice for it to zoom in on cities, towns and then zoom out on highways. It might be able to save data usage for normal use.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base