Waze Suggestion Box

Welcome! Thanks for your interest in improving Waze.

There’s power in numbers! Search through existing suggestions before adding new ones.

• If you agree with a suggestion, vote to show your support and use the comment section to add to the idea.
  • When beginning a new suggestion, be sure to select a category so it can be sent to the right team.

This forum is intended for user feedback and ideas. If you have an issue which needs support, visit our help center.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add Mile Markers

I'm sure I'm not the first person to suggest this, but it would be helpful, I think, if Waze provided road mile markers where available.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Large vehicle/truck mode- road marking option

While driving a truck or a large vehicle of a kind and navigating with waze you can't be sure the road is suitable for the size of the vehicle. If there was a "truck mode" of kind that will notify on inner city road, low clearance or just narrow road by letting other users in the truck mode report and mark things while they're using. The option to see and report those thing will be open only when choosing truck mode so it will not interfere with the general user interface.
    This mode can build a strong professional drivers users…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add side of street to last navigation step to destination

When a route is specified, the last instruction does not say on what side of the street the destination is located. For busier streets, where street numbers are not seen, or where businesses are far back from street, this is very important. Hey seriously consider adding this to the instructions, or display a clear symbol that shows which side of the street the destination is on.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Better high-altitude map view

Out of curiosity, I tried zooming out in the map view without navigating, and what I found could be improved. What first jumped out was the zoom limit, it was very low and didn’t give me a view of my planned route. Also, there were no state lines and an arbitrary portion of roads were not visible. Please improve the map view.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. I would really like to see Waze available in CarPlay Split Screen

Now that this functionality has been made available it would be really good to be able to use Waze in Split Screen so that I can see Music and Waze rather than Music and Apple Maps and therefore have to revert back to Full Screen for Waze.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Change colour of report button

The bright orange report button has caused burn in on my OLED iPhone X on two displays, could the option to select a darker colour be possible?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Using same route for return

Hey Team Waze

I am putting in my idea as a new one because I want the OPTION of returning the SAME way I got to my destination.

For example: Maryland to Philadelphia I drove on Route 1 and Route 322 but my return trip the ONLY option was I95!

After ALL the requests to have an option for Return Route, (it is available on Google Maps), how come you have NOT made it an added feature?

You say you want to improve the App and want feedback and when you get it, you IGNORE it 😳

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Areas de risco

O Waze está indicando rotas que passam por áreas de risco ainda. Como faço para poder indicar no mapa ?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Waze Map Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Show speed signs in advance

I think it would be great if you could see icons for upcoming speed limits on the map. That way you could prepare yourself in advance and maybe just let the car roll out.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Alert for cameras at stop signs

Please create alerts for stop sign cameras, especially for the Washington, D.C. area

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Waze Map Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Red Light and Speeding Camera

You should really bring back when you can report red light and speeding cameras locations.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. alert if route changes even if alerts are turned off

Allow user to check a box to provide some sort of audible feedback for the driver that the route has changed, even if alerts and navigation are disabled so that the driver is alerted to the fact.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Manual change of the suggested route

It is often necessary to change the proposed route so that it passes through one or more specific points on the map. I think it would be a good idea to provide the ability to specify intermediate points for the route. Currently it is possible to use the addition of a stop for this, but it is not quite the right thing to do, and besides, only one stop is allowed.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Enable screen-dim function to optionally turn on for EVERY drive.

I have had Waze "burn in" on two separate phones now (because I use it a lot) and now I manually turn on the "battery saver" function for every drive to prevent burn-in.

It would be very useful to have the option to turn on battery saver by default for every drive so I do not have to turn it on manually each time.

Alternatively, a "low color" version of Waze to prevent burn-in. I don't need a display that looks like a Skittles commercial -- (to help prevent burn-in).

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Please allow users to remove Traffic light camera from the alerts.

I live in a town with many traffic light cameras and it is very annoying that I can't turn off that alert. Please make it so we can turn that off.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Open data

https://www.digitraffic.fi/en/road-traffic/#general-info

Can't this kind of data be used to further develop the app? It's free and contains a lot of vital traffic information for drivers. I think similar is available in other countries too.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Thank you and not there click boxes on apple CarPlay

The “Thanks” and “ Not there” boxes need to be separated on the vehicle nav-screen in apple carplay. The boxes are stacked making it difficult to select the correct one when responding to an alert. Most of the time I’m pressing the wrong one which could be removing the alert for others safety. Please look into this, I use Waze daily on a 90 mile work commute and stopped using these because of continuous pressing of wrong response.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  iPhone  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. electric vehicle mode germany

Der electric vehicle mode ist bisher nur in der USA und Kanada verfügbar. Europa wird schon bald signifikant steigende Zulassungszahlen für BEV ausweisen, Google Maps hat Ladestationen schon als POI ausgerollt. Auf geht's, Waze, das schafft ihr locker.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 857 858
  • Don't see your idea?

Waze Suggestion Box

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base