Accept and reject individual suggestions in PUR
The workflow for place update requests (PUR) is clunky and confusing. We can reject or approve only - yet two or three of the five suggestions might be useful while the others not. After clicking on a PUR for the first time, it is also unclear what is new, changed or deleted.
I clicked on a PUR pending changes for an existing venue and this is what was displayed:
- It is not apparent what the proposed changes are. I do not know if everything listed is new, changed (e.g. typo fixed) or a proposed deletion.
- The only option I have is to reject or accept, but I might want to reject one suggested change only.
- After I accept all changes, there is no prompt on the interface what fields changed. I cannot easily undo a single field change.
- Make it clear what has been added, edited and deleted in the PUR. Use "history" for inspiration: https://i.imgur.com/DLLsnqr.png
- Allow us to accept/reject each item that is added, edited or deleted in the PUR. Again, use "history" for inspiration but add a tick and cross to inspire a design: https://i.imgur.com/UBUBbSa.png
- Consider utilising the existing merge venue functionality and enhancing it: https://i.imgur.com/tcTJDio.png
What the industry is doing:
Here is what a revised PUR window could look like in Waze: https://i.imgur.com/UjLL1Aj.png
Before and after mock up: https://i.imgur.com/7d6tdbI.png
I believe the guidance in the Wazeopedia is to accept it if it's mostly right and then change/remove the wrong information.
Good to know something is being done. Hopefully a solution will be found that takes care of this and of my suggestion that was not accepted.
I've got a couple of suggestions if I may:
- If the user selects any of the individual Approve/Reject buttons, the ones at the bottom get greyed-out. Or vice versa, if the user selects Reject all, all the individual Reject buttons also reflect the state.
- Instead of the long sentence describing that the name has "Changed from Green Park to Green Memorial", have a simpler From/To
From Green Park
To Green Memorial
- Similar for the Categories; that long sentence makes me look back and forth at it to find what has changed.
From Park / Reserve
To Park / Reserve, Playground
- Lastly, for the buttons at the bottom, replace Save with Approve All. WME already has a save button, and the pop-up will have the Next/Done option at the bottom.
Here's a mock-up with my suggestions: https://i.imgur.com/z6sphfz.png
The mock-up here is a solid idea. I think this would improve the process significantly.
I really like this mockup and think it would be a great expansion of the current workflow.