Accept and reject individual suggestions in PUR
The workflow for place update requests (PUR) is clunky and confusing. We can reject or approve only - yet two or three of the five suggestions might be useful while the others not. After clicking on a PUR for the first time, it is also unclear what is new, changed or deleted.
I clicked on a PUR pending changes for an existing venue and this is what was displayed:
- It is not apparent what the proposed changes are. I do not know if everything listed is new, changed (e.g. typo fixed) or a proposed deletion.
- The only option I have is to reject or accept, but I might want to reject one suggested change only.
- After I accept all changes, there is no prompt on the interface what fields changed. I cannot easily undo a single field change.
- Make it clear what has been added, edited and deleted in the PUR. Use "history" for inspiration: https://i.imgur.com/DLLsnqr.png
- Allow us to accept/reject each item that is added, edited or deleted in the PUR. Again, use "history" for inspiration but add a tick and cross to inspire a design: https://i.imgur.com/UBUBbSa.png
- Consider utilising the existing merge venue functionality and enhancing it: https://i.imgur.com/tcTJDio.png
What the industry is doing:
Here is what a revised PUR window could look like in Waze: https://i.imgur.com/UjLL1Aj.png
Before and after mock up: https://i.imgur.com/7d6tdbI.png
Unfortunately, when the user marks a place as 'closed' the ONLY options we are presented with are to 'DELETE the place' or 'reject the PUR'. Quite often something needs to be done and the user should get credit for reporting a problem but we are unable to 'fix' what needs fixing without REJECTING the PUR. The other option is to delete the place and then create a new place putting out much more work and spending time so the submitter gets credit for their work that would not need to be spent if we could just modify the existing place AND give the submitter credit for their work.
I believe the guidance in the Wazeopedia is to accept it if it's mostly right and then change/remove the wrong information.
Good to know something is being done. Hopefully a solution will be found that takes care of this and of my suggestion that was not accepted.
I've got a couple of suggestions if I may:
- If the user selects any of the individual Approve/Reject buttons, the ones at the bottom get greyed-out. Or vice versa, if the user selects Reject all, all the individual Reject buttons also reflect the state.
- Instead of the long sentence describing that the name has "Changed from Green Park to Green Memorial", have a simpler From/To
From Green Park
To Green Memorial
- Similar for the Categories; that long sentence makes me look back and forth at it to find what has changed.
From Park / Reserve
To Park / Reserve, Playground
- Lastly, for the buttons at the bottom, replace Save with Approve All. WME already has a save button, and the pop-up will have the Next/Done option at the bottom.
Here's a mock-up with my suggestions: https://i.imgur.com/z6sphfz.png
The mock-up here is a solid idea. I think this would improve the process significantly.
I really like this mockup and think it would be a great expansion of the current workflow.