Skip to content

Waze Suggestion Box

Welcome and thank you for your interest in improving Waze!
As you share your ideas, here are a few friendly reminders:
  • There’s power in numbers! Search through existing suggestions to see if there's someone else with a similar idea and upvote it.
  • You can build upon an idea -- simply comment below your fellow Wazer's submission.
  • This forum is intended for user feedback and ideas. If you have an issue which needs support, please visit our help center.
Terms and conditions
  • Any comments, feedback, ideas, reports, suggestions, or other information you provide to Waze (part of Google LLC) about Waze products and services (collectively “Feedback”) is not part of your personal data.
  • You agree not to disclose, in your Feedback, to Waze any information, such as third-party information, that you are obligated to maintain as confidential.
  • Waze has no obligation to use your Feedback.
  • By submitting your Feedback in this page, you acknowledge that you are of the minimum age required to provide data processing consent in the applicable country where you are located and that you provide permission to Waze, and its affiliates, to use your Feedback and any information that personally identifies you to improve Waze’s current and future products and services in accordance with Waze's Privacy Policy (waze.com/legal/privacy).
  • Please avoid providing any personal information in your Feedback.
  • Providing a name, when submitting Feedback, is optional. If you choose to provide your name, it will be publicly displayed in this forum next to your Feedback. You can delete your name and provide your Feedback as an anonymous user at any time.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

445 results found

1. When in an EV, also show the regular Gas stations category in the Search menu

I'm driving an EV, so Waze replaced the Gas stations category in the search menu with "EV charging" on Android Auto. However, many EV charging stations in my country are in the middle of nowhere, or at least don't have a place to grab a quick bite or refreshing drinks like the regular gas stations have. I tried using the "Food" and "Coffee" categories, but they just search for restaurants or coffee places and are not suitable for a quick stop along the way. Also, I can't enter text in the search box while driving and I can't search for…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Android Auto  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Wase on Android Auto has no hebrew voice support

In Wase on Android I can enter addresses by voice in Hebrew. Doesn't work via Android Auto. Should be activated. Also google keyboard understands hebrew on Android but not on Android Auto.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Via Android Auto dark mode won't switch off.

Via Android Auto dark mode won't switch off. It used to. I find this mode unreadable and it now comes on at night and even when going under bridges. Please fix the off switch. I know some like the dark mode so clearly important that the choice works.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Fix the phone overheating issue

Let me explain the background on this. I've been happily using Waze with AA in my car for several years. All of a sudden, mid Feb 2024, my phone is overheating, sometimes before I even leave my driveway! I added a utility to my phone to troubleshoot and what I discovered is atrocious. This started right around Feb 19th. Whenever I have Waze running in the car, Google Maps is also running in background. If I use Google Maps to navigate, the phone doesn't overheat and Waze doesn't open either. I am already in the Beta group for Android Auto,…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Increase the font for street names

Hello, Is it possible to increase the font for street names? I am using Android Auto. I have small font in my car 10.25 inches screen. I would like to have a bigger font. Thanks Anton

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Android Auto  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Update "auto focus" on notifications

I use Waze on my Android linked with Android Auto in my Mazda CX5. It has a display, but not a touch screen. When it comes up with a notification like "vehicle on shoulder" I can never get the focus to stay on "Not There" or "Still There" because every time the mileage updates, the focus jumps to the "Search" icon. Do not change FOCUS when mileage updates.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. automatic Day night mode

On previous version was working perfectly. On sunset the night mode was being changed normally. Now the night mode must be forced manually even the automatic mode is enable. I recommend only use the time instead the dim car function because the screen on dash doesn't have the capability to check if my headlights are on. Why something so easy the apps do it complicated?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I am using Waze with android auto and I would like to have the signal button on the left side or the possibility to change the side.

The fact that the signal button is on the right side and I'm having hard time to hit that button while driving, it would be nice to have it closer to the driver.

Thank you :)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. speed camera popup

The speed camera warning popup obscures the lane guidance when used in Android Auto. Lane guidance is more important than the speed warning, especially when getting close to highway exits or when the upcoming turn is close to the speed camera. Please reduce the speed camera pop up or move it elsewhere!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. highway shields too small in Android Auto

Under navigation instructions, the highway shields is too small to read the highway number in it. I'm having difficulty to see which highway I'm transitioning next. Often I need to get closer to the screen to see the number. Not very safe to do so. Please make it bigger...or make the highway number as text instead of graphic.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. make road numbers bigger on android auto

on Android auto road numbers, particularly in the UK are too small to see

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Movable cursor in Waze, using AA, when typing name (of contact) for location/route

When typing a name (contact in available contactlist on phone, restaurant, ...) you can have sometimes the case you typed wrong, forgot a letter in the beginning, ... . At the moment, you have to use the back space key and start partially/all over again. If one should have a movable cursor (as on your phone), you can put the cursor wherever you need it to be (eg. at the beginning of the input text), correct or type (an) additional character(s) and ready you are. Please impliment?! Greetz and many thanx. Oli4 from Belgium.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Limiting typing while "driving" does more harm

Voice only while driving limitation is only making the driving much more distracting and dangerous in certain non-english areas such as Bulgaria for example. Where the voice commands are not working properly. I want for my passenger to be able to type in an address while I am driving, so I won't be distracted by battling with the voice commands and constantly checking what was actually found by them and if it's the correct place. Also why is that even when I pull over and completely stopped I still can't type in. My car is not moving... It's really a…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Incluir paradas

Boa tarde, uma sugestão poderia incluir paradas quando for efetuar rotas com mais de um destino.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Different characters instead of letters

I've been trying to solve a problem and I can't. When I have a street name that is mixed with numbers, different characters appear in place of numbers. How to solve this problem?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Hey Waze, Is it possible to make the official speed sign the same size as the current speed sign because it is much more visible. Thanks Ger

Hey Waze, Is it possible to make the official speed sign the same size as the current speed sign because it is much more visible. Thanks Gerard. (Wazefan

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Average speed check zone bar missing in androidAuto mode

Average speed check zone bar missing in androidAuto mode. It is on phone, but when connected to car - it is missing. Got fine cause of this lacking but useful feature. (and got used, when used on phone)

As well it was not puting anything on screen nor giving notification when entering average speed check zone (I was on active hands free call), nor after call.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Latest update is garbage

Speed limit small and unreadable, current speed worse since it is also small and with zero contrast between background and speed font color. Please tell your developers not everyone has a tablet sized display like Tesla, as it seems this version was developed for a MUCH larger display than most cars have. In the words of Colin Chapman, less is more- this update was a regressive rather than progressive. Read the latest reviews on the Play store, I'm not in the minority.....

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Android Auto  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base