Waze Suggestion Box

Welcome! Thanks for your interest in improving Waze.

There’s power in numbers! Search through existing suggestions before adding new ones.

• If you agree with a suggestion, vote to show your support and use the comment section to add to the idea.
  • When beginning a new suggestion, be sure to select a category so it can be sent to the right team.

This forum is intended for user feedback and ideas. If you have an issue which needs support, visit our help center.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Create a "soft warning" for known situations.

For example: A location where speed traps are consistently reported would have a warning in a radius such as "speed traps have been reported here." The color of the warning could fade from red to orange as reports decline or vice versa. There's one street I travel where there's a cop shooting radar 80% of the time. There could be a warning about that regardless of if a Wazer had been through recently.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    2 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. The Catalan voice is not good enough

It is great to have Catalan as an option in the iPhone client (thanks!!) but the voice used is not good, as it mispronounces some sounds. The voice has a strong Spanish accent.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. year end milage tracker

Milage tracker per trip and yearly totals. if we can link the phone trips to the PC and use data for tax deductions. Current deduction is .50 per mile

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add "disabled vehicle" to Hazard -- Road

Twice now I have come across vehicles stalled in the roadway. None of the categories in hazard -- road fits this case. I use "other" but that's not very descriptive.

36 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. The name of the road to the client.

Please do make that to create roads could soon Dowa name streets and roads in the client, and then edish record, but all do not remember the name.
    Sincerely, Alexander.

Пожайлуста сделайте, чтобы при создании дорог можно было сразу довать название улицам и дорогам в клиенте, а то едишь записываешь, а название всех не помнишь.
    С уважением Александр.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. iPhone Waze

new functionality to track bus ride and add to the itinerary maps, and any city could have the public transport routes tracked in real time and deliver the exact location of the subway or bus, including bus travel

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Receiving events only for route

Add option to configure receiving event reports only for events on my route, rather than according to "radius"

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. option for automatic bug reporting

When waze displays a message that it has encountered a bug and asks me if I would like to send it the timer is very short and I often cant tap OK in time while driving.

It would be great if there was a setting that allowed the user to select "always send bug/error reports"

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. "Explore" Route and cookie munching

Create a new type of routing for joy rides. The name could be "Explore".
    Waze will generate a route to the user discover his neighborhood and/or help improove waze with cookie munching.

Rationale: many people get in their cars, bikes or bicycles and go for a ride, just for the pleasure, to know more about the neighborhood, to see some countryside etc. Currently no GPS device or app has a way to helping the users in this. This would be a differentiating feature for Waze and also would help improve Waze database with driving data.

More details about the route: …

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Ability to choose a route vs. choosing a destination

I take the same route from work to home everyday because it's the fastest way to beat the rush hour traffic flow. I always route to "home".

Often, I am in the same general area as my workplace and trying to get home and waze puts me on the same roads that I would take take on my work -> home commute. But just as often, this isn't actually the faster way. It does this because it has learned my route preference for going from home to work.

If, when heading home, I could choose a route (ie, "work to…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Include reported time with notification popup

When alerting the driver to a speed trap, accident, hazard, etc. with a popup notification it would be very informative to include the time these were reported or the age of the report (i.e. "Reported 48 minutes ago")

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Free road - Green road

Let us see not only the traffic jams. Let us see the free road. Free roads may be highlighted in green. This will help to better assess the condition of the roads.

74 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Add the ability to travel via a location

Just as you can with other SatNav software I like to use the Travel Via option to avoid certain areas or I prefer a certain route.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Petrol station prices

I use this app every day http://itunes.apple.com/it/app/prezzi-benzina/id373044013?mt=8 to find a the best petrol station in terms of price.
    From my point of view, this app should be integrated in Waze.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. When reporting map errors, allow short voice recording

Many map errors reports have little or no description, as it requires too much dirver atention.

If the the user to record an audio description, which can be downloaded/listened to/transcribed in Cartouche.

29 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Ad a ”hide me at this address" function

Suggestion: Make an option to hide me from view to all other wazers within a radius of ?200? meters from a selected address
    Why: For example, At home I want to follow my wife/husband coming from work, and I turn waze on, now everyone can see where I (my nickname) live. From there it is easy to track me when I am home or out at it becomes easy to track my routines.
    In the long run it would be nice if accepted friends could se you at home, and that you could choose our own radius.

65 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. referal

There is available an access to 20 sites (further - more), would like to put on them referal the reference for downloading Waze.
    Question: whether it is possible to make that for everyone invited in Waze bonuses were added?

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. night icon

The car icons are not very visible both on the day and the night maps. It would be helpfull if I would be able to select two icons: for day/night maps
    Another work around would be a white silhouette around the icon, so that a blue icon will be more visible over a a blue route, and a red one will be visible on a traffixc jam.
    A Zebra icon (like a British police car) can also be visible - yet less populare...

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Add intelligence to traffic jam detection

Often users parked will cause a false traffic jam to be reported, yet when stuck in traffic it is usual to be crawling or moving occasionally.

When Waze detects traffic conditions and pops up the question of whether you are in traffic please change the default response dependant on whether the vehicle has been moving or not. If it has been totally stationary please set default response to 'No' as in a total traffic jam the driver will most likely spot the dialogue, only use 'Yes' as the default action when there has been some movement which is much more…

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Waze Suggestion Box

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base