Waze Suggestion Box

Welcome! Thanks for your interest in improving Waze.

There’s power in numbers! Search through existing suggestions before adding new ones.

• If you agree with a suggestion, vote to show your support and use the comment section to add to the idea.
  • When beginning a new suggestion, be sure to select a category so it can be sent to the right team.

This forum is intended for user feedback and ideas. If you have an issue which needs support, visit our help center.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add "Sun Glare" as a Hazard

Add "Sun Glare" as a Hazard

81 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    9 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Make Waze AUTO sleep after 5 sec when Power is UNpluged while in the App

Make a setting to make Waze AUTO sleep after 5 sec(or X sec, normal Waze countdown style Ok/Cancel box) when Power is UNpluged while in the app. This could be further improved with a "only within 5 mins of reaching a destination" setting.

I think everyone that have Waze in the car has the phone on acc power and it would be so nice not to have to remember to Sleep Waze EVERY time I get to my destination.

80 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Fuel prices

In Germany there are apps showing the actual fuel price.
    This information is delivered by the "Bundeskartellamt", nearly in realtime!
    Would it be possible to integrate this in WAZE ?
    Link to the Bundeskartellamt (in german):
    http://www.bundeskartellamt.de/DE/Wirtschaftsbereiche/Mineral%C3%B6l/MTS-Kraftstoffe/Verbraucher/verbraucher_node.html

79 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Make Carpooling an OPTION. I will NEVER Carpool and I dont like it popping up

1) Make carpooling an option. 2) Move the back arrow back to where it used to be - the current carpool button location

79 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. make a itinerary

it would be great if you could setup a destination then add one or more "go through" waypoint.

78 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Calculate ETA based on own average speed

ETA calculation seems to be based on traffic conditions and general average speed. ETA calculation seems to be inaccurate when driving below the average speed of the road-segment as it keeps increasing while driving with constant (low) speed.

It would be great if ETA calculation would also be accurate for vehicles going below average speeds (e.g. trucks in europe etc.)

77 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Toll Road prompt

After selecting the destination, Waze should prompt (as his famous brother Tom does) if toll roads should be allowed or not. In this way I could leave the option "Toll Roads" unchecked (it should be also removed) and before each journey I can choose depending on the case which route to follow...

(please forgive language mistakes :D )

75 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Setting to turn off big purple road names

Many times these "new" big purple road names block the map at intersections and make it difficult to know if you are turning onto the correct street.

75 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 75 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Free road - Green road

Let us see not only the traffic jams. Let us see the free road. Free roads may be highlighted in green. This will help to better assess the condition of the roads.

74 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Disable auto route to suggested destination

Often when I start my day, I'm not heading directly to the office. However, even after I enter a destination, I'll be prompted to navigate to "work". It will switch my destination without my input or any notification. Please turn off auto select for that navigation option. It's frustrating to think that Waze is taking me a traffic free route to find out it's navigating me to the wrong destination.

73 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    13 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Add obd2 info

The obd2 to Bluetooth/wifi (elm 327) chips are cheap now. Would be so awesome to have mpg, boost pressure, and engine codes pop up inside of waze while driving.

72 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Stop warning of red light cameras

Don't warn people of red light cameras, if you are dumb enough to drive through a red light you shouldn't be behind the wheel, giving them a warning of which ones will get them fines is just going to encourage morons to jump lights, very dangerous

72 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Using of G-Sensor

If Waze will collect data from G Sensor, than it can automatically detect holes on the road, crashes and bad roads (4×4). Program may ask user what kind of hole it is - is it mistake, real hole, etc. If sensor detects constant shakes, than Waze can mark road as bad.

72 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Support ODB bluetooth dongles

Allow the use of an ODB bluetooth dongle to get a number of improvements. These dongles are quite cheap and provide a wealth of extra data. Possible uses:

[ Better dead reckoning using vehicle speed ]
    Using the actual vehicle speed combined with compass, accelerometer and map matching it should be possible to have accurate positioning in tunnels/urban canyons. TomTom does this and is able to do near-perfect positioning with only one GPS datapoint every 30 minutes.

Related:
    https://waze.uservoice.com/forums/59223-client-how-can-we-improve-waze-on-your-phone-/suggestions/2360157-dead-reckoning-when-neither-data-nor-gps-availabl

[ Monitor fuel usage ]
    Things like planning a gas stop could be automated. When the tank gets below a certain…

71 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Failed reports

Just imagine, you're driving and see something you want to inform other Wazers about (police trap, danger pothole or anything else). You're trying to report, type some text, send it, waiting, waiting, waiting and...it fails because of weak internet signal for example! What a frustration. "Uh-oh, try later!" Waze says...But it has no sense to try later as you've already drove away. So this important information is missed.
    I see two possible solutions here:
    1. Waze automatically tries to send the report later, every few minutes for example. After, let's say, 30 minutes it gives up as probably report is…

71 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Parking without being in navigation

Right now if you are using the navigation feature waze can pin point where you parked but ONLY while navigation is activated

70 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Add integration with Geocaching.com

Add the ability to automaticly find caches along a route. A feature to get the most caches AND Waze points in X number of miles driven would be a fun driving adventure.

70 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Color/Icon for landmarks

It would be great to make different colors for different classes of landmark. Or to use scale-independent icons for (for example) gas stations.

I cannot visually separate the supermarket and it's parking.

68 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Allow people to upload their own Waze profile picture (like their car) to get easily identified while driving...

Hi people. Please forgive me for my average English, I'm a French Waze user...

At the moment, the only way to display a picture when clicking on a Wazer is to link your Facebook account with your Waze client.

I guess that a lot of people (like me) don't want to link their Facebook profile with the Waze client or they don't own one.

My idea => Create a function on the Waze client to allow people to upload their own pictures.

The goal => When a Wazer is in the vicinity of your location, you can click on it…

66 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Waze Suggestion Box

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base