Waze Suggestion Box

Welcome! Thanks for your interest in improving Waze.

There’s power in numbers! Search through existing suggestions before adding new ones.

• If you agree with a suggestion, vote to show your support and use the comment section to add to the idea.
  • When beginning a new suggestion, be sure to select a category so it can be sent to the right team.

This forum is intended for user feedback and ideas. If you have an issue which needs support, visit our help center.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Time of alert

Would be a great help if waze would have the time the alert was first created show on the alert notification. This way you can decide how real-time this alert really is.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. New platform: Firefox OS

http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2013/03/firefox-os-hands-on-mozillas-plan-to-build-on-top-of-the-web/3/

Firefox OS (formerly boot-to-Gecko) is a soon-to-be-released platform for low-end smartphones for emerging markets. It combines a stripped-down Android base (called Gonk) with Gecko (the Firefox render engine) and Gaia, a client layer written entirely in HTML5. The Mozilla Foundation is making some apps available for the commercial release, including HERE Maps, created by Nokia, but HERE is not a very good mapping solution, it lacks turn-by-turn navigation and the interface is overall a mess. Waze could really benefit from being the first turn-by-turn navigation solution to come to a platform and, in its turn, Firefox OS really needs…

30 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Send the driver intermittent reminders to do Kegel exercises!

Kegel exercises consists of repeatedly contracting and relaxing the muscles that form part of the pelvic floor. THese are easy to do, and benEficial in both men and women. Kegel exercises may be beneficial in treating urinary incontinence in both men and women and can increase sexual gratification in men and women.These exercises are easy to do...but just as easy to forget to do. I am suggesting that there be an option that WAZE reminds the driver to squeeze! I drive so much, and reminder to do my Kegels would come in handy!

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add option to select car pool when navigating

Lets popup "carpool?" button after choosing destination in carpool times. This will help to get corresponding exits and more precise calculations. Sometimes traffic stopped while carpool is open and I dont want to get average estimation and alternative route. Thanks!

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Turn reminder if been on road with no turns for a while

I was on a road that had no turns for about 10 miles and then missed my turn as had not looked at Waze for some time. I have notifications off but thought would be a good idea to set Waze so that if you have not turned for some time could get it to make a noise or something to remind you of the turn up ahead.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. 5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. On Road Hazards options: please add an option to say "Vehicle breakdown / stopped"

On Road Hazards options: please add an option to say "Vehicle breakdown / stopped"

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Incorporate Junction Views, ie, pictures of ramps and turns to allow quick identification of which ramp/junction to turn

Have photos of junctions/ramps/turn offs pop out or have a split screen to view on coming turns at multiple junctions with arrows pointing to the route being navigated

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Allow for Swipe gesture to be customizable

The current swipe gesture only allows for traffic to be reported. However, I run across 'car on the shoulder' more often than traffic. Allowing individuals to customize the swipe gesture would allow Waze to be tailored to the surroundings of the individual.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Where will I be in xx minutes ? When will I be trough next xx miles ?

When I travel for a long time, i wonder where I will be at 12:00 (time to eat). If I know that, I can search for a good restaurant around.
    When I reach a big traffic jam, I wonder when I get through it.
    In both cases, I think Waze could bring me the answer.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Need to be able to query an alert if there's no data/network connection. It should acknowledge the alert, query, resend when data is present

One feature you REALLY need is the ability to query and alert if there's no data/network connection. There's been times when I've tried to submit a report but couldn't because I didn't have a network connection. It would be a good idea for Waze to acknowledge I don't have a network connection, query the report, and submit it as soon as a network connection is present.

64 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Sale to Google

I really wish you hadn't sold to Google. I know it means lots of money for you but it means my privacy using your app is gone. And most likely, they will close you down and try to force me to Google maps but I won't use the app.

I know one person won't make a difference, but when the sale is completed I will stop using Waze.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Please give us a patriotic "mood" option!!!

Something cute in red white and blue with stars!

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Statistics about your report sent to inbox

After you report something it would be cool to get a message in the inbox describing how many you helped choose an optimal route, and how much time they saved

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Allow weather alerts to be turned on/off individually.

Allow each type of weather alert to be turned on/off individually. I can see that it's foggy or raining; I don't need an alert for that.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. zello

How about a discussion forum on "Zello"? Real time updates, ideas, troubleshooting from the admin's? Its a walkie talkie type communication easily downloaded for droids (sorry don't know about Blackberry) . I use it to communicate senarios or Pose questions around to other EMT'S ? check it out? Jay

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. When you report a red light camera it should cover the area of the camera not just one side

When you report a red light camera it should cover the area of the camera not just one side. When you get close to that area you will get a alert no matter what side you are on.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Car pool - Allow none car holders to join a ride by car pool option.

Meaning that if I'm sitting on a bus stop and would like to get somewhere I can use my waze application to see who with a car and waze is driving on my direction. If the car holder is picking me up I will pay some fee to the driver according to the KM made.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Waze Suggestion Box

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base