Waze Suggestion Box

Welcome! Thanks for your interest in improving Waze.

There’s power in numbers! Search through existing suggestions before adding new ones.

• If you agree with a suggestion, vote to show your support and use the comment section to add to the idea.
  • When beginning a new suggestion, be sure to select a category so it can be sent to the right team.

This forum is intended for user feedback and ideas. If you have an issue which needs support, visit our help center.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. It would be nice to have a way to force the voice navigation to speak the current location and/or the next turn at any arbitrary point.

That way, if you're on a long road with no turns for a while you can get a reminder of how far to the next turn and what it is. Might also be nice if it could somehow tell you where you are at the moment, e.g., "Heading north on I-495 in Westford"

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Quick call

The ability to have quick call buttons - Maybe two button presses. First press will pull up a menu of common phone numbers, IE: Home, Emergency, 911 etc.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. user provided layout themes

There are various requests for features of what Waze should/should not display on screen. It would be great if users could instead of just choosing a style, actually choose a (or create) a layout that another user has selected.

Best option would be to provide the ablity to give shapes, and areas that can contain text. Eg.
    - Current speed (can then increase/decrease the speed display)
    - Average wazer speed on the current segment (so the potential speed limits could be shown)
    - Current road name
    - Text/images for popups
    - Destination ETA
    - Destination time
    - Destination name
    -…

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add vertical slide feature (navigate / traffic report like)

There are already 2 slide options.
    1- If you click the Menu button and slide from left-right you activate the 'Navigate' command
    2- If you click the Report button and slide from right-left you activate the 'Traffic report' command

What if you implement more 2 slide options, but now vertical (up-down) ?
    The actions could be customized by the Wazers or assign a fixed command, for example

3- If you click the Menu button and slide from down-up you activate the 'Add a stop' command
    4- If you click the Report button and slide from right-left you activate the 'Checkin…

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Add the ability to "travel via"

Add the ability when putting in a destination to add a road or route you want to travel by. If you are going to NYC as a destination Waze client gives you 3 choices, but if you have a specific road you want to travel by you should be able to put that in.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Sms favorites

There is a functions that sends a sms with ETA. But it would be nice to have a favorites list for sms.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Navigation: Add a Stop Transition to 2nd Leg of 2 Destination Route

While in Navigation mode when you have two destinations using the Add a Stop feature - when Waze determines that you have arrived at your destination, the app displays a bubble dialog basically with the [b]next[/b] destination address and I believe the countdown timer. Please have it display the address that you just arrived at, with a button that says Next Stop or similar and no countdown timer.

This is because for example you arrive at a condo or townhouse complex, or an office-style strip mall where each business entrance is not well marked with big signs like a retail…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Display segment average speed on the client

Waze optimizes your travel based (among others) on the segments average speed. By having this information displayed and also based on the surrouding environment, the driver would be able to adapt its speed in order to optimize its fuel consumption (Why drive at the speed limit to stop behind 10/20 cars at a yield/stop sign ?).

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 1. Add possibility to plan a route in advance 2. Add "Instruction on demand" 3. Advance instructions

1. Add possibility to plan a route in advance on the map, selecting start and destination points.

2. Add "Instruction on demand" feature.

3. Instructions to turn etc. are usually too late. They should be advanced by 20--30 meters so as to give the driver enough time to execute them.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Hide work line on favorites list

I work from home, so I have an empty "work" slot taking up space in my favorites. It does no good, so it's just a wasted spot that could be better used with a different favorite.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Have more categories for landmarks.

One example is Golf Course (and it would be great if it is shows up as green on the maps)

Another is Construction Zone. Users can identify construction zone in the map editor to warn other user (especially those who are not familiar to the area) of potential heavy vehicles entering and exiting the construction site (a more permanent thing instead of having to report it daily)

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. It would be nice to have a map on the client that shows the colorful streets according to the average speed obtained thanks to all the GPS

It would be nice to have a map on the client that shows the colorful streets according to the average speed of road segments obtained thanks to all the GPS as the live map on the website: yellow above 45 km / h, marron between 45 and 20 km / h, white below 25 km / h, so as to also choose myself the way and everyway understand what type of road is at a glance!

maybe you could also make sure that the streets are set automatically (only minor, the primary and streets) coloring itself according to Vmedia ..…

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Road closed temporarily for construction, crash, etc.

Allow users to report temporarily closures. If its for construction allow user to report when it is scheduled to reopen.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Hazard -> Weather Hazard -> Blowing Dust

Please consider the addition of:
    - Blowing Dust
    - High Winds/Crosswinds

Blowing dust is a dangerous hazard in arid Desert locales across the Western US as well as other Desert locales around the world. Major accidents and Interstate/roadway closures often result because of poor visibility due to blowing dust. Please consider adding this as a report-able hazard!

47 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. An optional (client enable/disable) markup of the roads (color/number), depending on last time another Wazer drove that very road.

I would like an optional (client enable/disable) markup of the roads (color/number), depending on last time another Wazer drove that very road.

With a "heavier" markup based on the time passed and/or the number of Wazers.

Reason: that way one could get an idea of how accurate congestion reports are and for example how likely a new police speed control has been setup, since a Wazer drove by. If I see two or three Wazers ahead on the road and no indications of police radar/laser, it should be pretty safe. However, an hour of no one passing and I'm the…

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Construction Zone idea

I was in a construction zone where they merged the north bound interstate traffic with the south bound interstate traffic. During those several miles, Waze was very confused. It did, however, know that I was in the south bound lane.

Can we have Waze detect this and figure out on its own that the area is a construction zone? Then mark it as long term? The company can use Waze to monitor it. And the app would not get confused and give weird directions during those miles.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Personal statistics

Would be nice to get stats about your personal routes : average travel time between your first 2 or 3 destinations, average waze error on ETA (accuracy and precision - see wikipedia for the difference), time you spend driving per day, number of wazers you cross... one can invent all sort of fun and useful statistics.

53 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Allow people to upload their own Waze profile picture (like their car) to get easily identified while driving...

Hi people. Please forgive me for my average English, I'm a French Waze user...

At the moment, the only way to display a picture when clicking on a Wazer is to link your Facebook account with your Waze client.

I guess that a lot of people (like me) don't want to link their Facebook profile with the Waze client or they don't own one.

My idea => Create a function on the Waze client to allow people to upload their own pictures.

The goal => When a Wazer is in the vicinity of your location, you can click on it…

66 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Avoid stop signs! Sometimes is faster the paraller road, because it has a few stops signs!!

I know that waze finds the fastest route, but sometime that street has a lot of Stop signs, and the parallel street doesnt have any, so is faster!! Maybe for a future you could add the stop signs to the maps!! For you to take note: In Costa Rica there isn't 4 stop ways or 3 stop way, in an intersection, here there is always a road who has the way, and the other has the stop sign. Srry for my english, isnt my native language!!

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Automatic check-in with Foursquare

An automatic check-in with Foursquare (previously set where you want to be checked), while passing through a street.
    A manual check is already. There are apps that allow an automatic check. So this must indeed also work with Waze.

It is definitely safer than driving to find a check and all the time on the smartphone to play around;)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Waze Suggestion Box

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base