Waze Suggestion Box

Welcome! Thanks for your interest in improving Waze.

There’s power in numbers! Search through existing suggestions before adding new ones.

• If you agree with a suggestion, vote to show your support and use the comment section to add to the idea.
  • When beginning a new suggestion, be sure to select a category so it can be sent to the right team.

This forum is intended for user feedback and ideas. If you have an issue which needs support, visit our help center.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Develop a software sells to companies or traffic highways in order to monitor the traffic of the streets and highways

Develop a software sells to companies or traffic and highways in order to monitor the traffic of the streets and highways

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. I have seen police move after being reported, 4 times now, is Waze shareing info with the Authorities, in other than Subpoena situations?

I have seen police move after being reported, 4 times now, is Waze shareing info with the Authorities, in other than Subpoena situations, and by the way, how much of our info is retained and availible to the Authorities?

19 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Block toll roads within X number of miles from home.

For those of us who live next to a toll road, we need to disable toll road full time because we don't want to pay toll every day we use Waze for local commutes like going to a restaurant nearby. But when we travel far we forget that we disabled tolls for good and take 7 hours to drive a route that should take only 5. If Waze had an option to disable toll roads within 10 miles from home while allowing tolls farther from home that would help a lot.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Road trip mode: track progress since activation, share milestones

For longer, multi-stage trips, a more robust kind of logging might be useful. This "road trip" mode would keep track of the distance traveled since activation, and post a message on Twitter, Facebook, etc. when a milestone has been passed (e.g., passing a predetermined amount of miles or crossing a state/provincial/national boundary).

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. show one-way streets and time restrictions in app

I would like to see the one-way streets and time restrictions in the client. Sometimes you're wondering if Waze is being weird or is avoiding a road because a one-way street and since a few days time restrictions.

Time restrictions could show a little clock on the side of the road, which you can press to show more info. One-way streets are simple - just a few arrows one way or the other.

18 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Subtract a landmark "shape" from parking lot "shape."

Example: Create a parking lot (which usually contains the building, landmark, mall, etc. inside). Now subtract the building shape from the parking lot shape to delineate the different types (landmark and parking lot). Especially useful for malls, and businesses that have lots that wrap around to make awkward shapes.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Download Report Picture

In case you manage a community social network it would be great to be able to dowload the picture from either the app or the live map

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Problems with road hazard

In my country, after the winter snow, appears big holes in the road. So, everytime when i use "Waze" on the same place i must put the "Hazard - -> groapa (in romanian language)". And the next day, the same thing again. It must be an option to mentain that "hazard" until is fixed (one week, one month, etc), and a user to correct the problems.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Per-Event Sound Toggling (or volume control)

Like the person who posted "Pause playback during audio alerts (for audiobooks)", I find that, on long commutes and during audiobook playback (music isn't as important) that the deluge of audio alerts from Waze makes me turn them all off the more familiar w/ the roads I get.

However, yesterday AM, I missed that there were 'Police Ahead' because I had all the sounds turned off (much like the 'low battery beep' on a smoke detector) and had an unpleasant encounter with an officer of the law.

I'd like the ability to, on a per-event level, toggle the sound on/off…

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. stop suggestion where i'm going

Please give us back the option to NOT have Waze suggest where it thinks we want to go. Frankly if I go there all the time I really don't need Waze to tell me how to get there and it makes no sense to me why I have to have it make these suggestions.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Can we get Car/Bumper stickers so we can see other Wazers on the road while driving

When I see other Wazers on the map it is difficult to see them on the road. It would be good to acknowledge each other as this a community project. So some sort of Waze sticker would be good

32 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Create shortcut to go to location and alert user of journey (replicate Glympse functionality)

I have noticed that Waze now offers location sharing. I would like for it to completely replace my need for running Glympse in tandem. Ideally, if I could have a shortcut icon on my phone home screen that started navigation to "Home", and shared my location with my wife, this would be great. Many thanks.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Read the proper name of a state when giving directions on state routes

When directions call for me to turn onto MD-28 (or "MD 28", with or without hyphen), say "Maryland" instead of saying "Em Dee". Similarly for VA -> Virginia, etc.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I just exceeded my alert limit, and wasn't able to report a major accident. All the alerts were valid, it was just a really bad day.

I just exceeded my alert limit, and wasn't able to report a major accident. All the alerts were valid, it was just a really bad day. I think it's time you allowed advanced users (who've reached a certain level) a higher limit.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Please allow us to warn travelers of raunchy restrooms.

Restrooms are vital to travel. Help us protect each other from establishments that neglect this vital area.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. School buses & GPS

School buses have GPS now. It would be nice if the app would show active school buses in the area so we can avoid frequent and delaying stops along their route.

17 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Add mode that makes only 1 announcement per turn. Otherwise, continuous jabber drives me crazy, particularly on familiar commutes.

Giving a pre-pre warning and then a warning and then the actual turn is extremely annoying when it is a route that is familiar. There should be a mode that just gives a pre-warning, essentially alerting you which of several routes you might take based on traffic.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Add ability to report Blown Auto Light Bulb

Could you create a simple form whereby drivers/passengers could report blown headlights/tail lights of cars around us? It could be very simple; enter license plate number, state, front or back, and left or right blown light. No personal information could be supplied, keep it totally annonymous. A great safety feature for your patrons.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. general

When choosing a route with a toll. Show the amount it will cost. (This is very helpful when driving in and out of NYC and a 5 min longer route could save you $10)

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Please, let waze users signal iced or slyppery streets in section "danger" - "Weather"

something like: ice or "ice on the stree" or "slyppery street" (for oil, mud or ice for example).

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base