Waze Suggestion Box

Welcome! Thanks for your interest in improving Waze.

There’s power in numbers! Search through existing suggestions before adding new ones.

• If you agree with a suggestion, vote to show your support and use the comment section to add to the idea.
  • When beginning a new suggestion, be sure to select a category so it can be sent to the right team.

This forum is intended for user feedback and ideas. If you have an issue which needs support, visit our help center.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Lane Guidance

While using Waze on highways lately, I have begun to think that having the ability to see what lane becomes the off ramp would be great, especially in complex city interchanges.

Portuguese: Estava usando o Waze em rodovias e comecei a pensar que seria ótimo ter a capacidade de ver qual pista pegar, especialmente em trevos complexos dentro das cidades.

Spanish: Últimamente me he dado cuenta que al utilizar waze en capitales se hace muy necesario que waze indique cual carril de una calle, avenida o autopista, llega a ser una rampa, especialmente en complejos intercambios.

15,123 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    In the works  ·  290 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 3,020 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    In the works  ·  55 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Dangerous areas in Brazil

Unfortunately we have some problems about some dangerous areas... Another person got killed because of a bad route... http://g1.globo.com/rio-de-janeiro/noticia/2015/10/relembre-ataques-de-bandidos-do-rj-motoristas-e-passageiros-perdidos.html
    I think waze could have an option to avoid these unsafe areas...

2,766 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    In the works  ·  12 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. House numbers with slash

Allow add house numbers with slash. For example: 631/29. 639 is for building, 29 is for entrance (Distance between entrances can by big). All block-buildings in my country has this double numbers.Also houses can be marked 10/a 10/b. It is not possible to add this type of number to editor, so usually we have just streets but no one is adding house numbers - as it would be inaccurate to put just first or second number.

2,488 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    In the works  ·  10 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Please add suburbs / neighborhoods / sections

In many many streets in Latin America as in other Europe countries, in the same city could be a lot of different streets with the same name, the only info that differs them is the name of the neighborhood or suburb. It would be awesome if you guys could fit that info.

2,295 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    In the works  ·  85 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Create lane assistance like Tom Tom.

I have iPhone 5 with iOS 6 and as its a bigger screen and faster chip I think waze should create lane assist like Tom toms. This would be big but could be completed by wazers on editor for points, it would soon catch up. Lane assist can tell you which lane to use for a direction.

579 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    In the works  ·  3 comments  ·  iPhone  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Client Suggestion: Voice Recognition

I was driving from Las Vegas, NV to Fullerton, CA this past weekend. During the trip, I had a few hours to think of what client upgrades could be implemented into WAZE. Specifically, as the title of this thread suggests, I thought about Voice Recognition. This came about as I sent a report, but was unable to type a comment, thanks to texting and driving dangers.

Here is what I was thinking:
    Voice Recognition would always be active while WAZE is active. Instead of pushing a button to activate Waze, what if a keyword was programmed to start the functionality.…

476 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    21 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    In the works  ·  Unholy responded

Currently available in English and in U.S and Canada.
    Will be available to other countries as well soon.

8. Display interstate/highway shields on client map.

Right now the live maps can display highway shields with limited functionality. Adding this ability to the client maps (and expanding its scope, as right now it is only partially functional) would really make it easier to orient yourself when viewing the map.

It would be nice if it was an option, as well... so you could disable it (like you can disable road goodies or other things) if you don't want to view them.

257 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    In the works  ·  Unholy responded

Currently working on N. America. will be implanted in the world server in the future.

9. Force uploading maps recorded without internet connection

It would be really helpful for cities that are wazed poorly or have only a few waze members for now. Especially considering that there I've got no unlimited mobile internet plans and keeping connection always on is just a waste of money.

192 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    In the works  ·  krankyd responded

this is working partially – for some devices and on some scenarios. In any case, you will need to start the session with a connection.
    We are working to improve it as we realize some areas simply don’t have good internet connectiivty.

10. 79 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    In the works  ·  3 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. voice search

When using the voice search function, there needs to be another button to hit "enter" and make it search. Currently, when I say an address (which I do often, because I don't want to type while driving), the address goes into the search bar, but nothing happens. I still need to click on the search the bar, then click enter, which completely defeats the purpose of voice searching, as I have to take my eyes off the road and find which buttons to hit. It also takes more time, is more cumbersome, and makes me less likely to use the…

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your suggestion! Waze will soon support Google Assistance voice control. To know more about this feature, stay tuned on Waze’s social pages on Facebook and Instagram

• Don't see your idea?

Waze Suggestion Box

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base