Open up Waze to developers so we get third party plugins!
Would be amazing if Waze allowed other developers to integrate their software AND hardware to use with Waze.
Escort radar has their own app where if you hold a button on their radar detector, it'd report it on their cloud to other Escort users that a police is spotted.
However, having to have two apps loaded at a time makes it very difficult to catch alerts from both apps at the same time. Opening up an SDK or API on Waze and allowing other companies and developers to integrate with Waze would allow Waze to dominate the industry.
With this feature, developers can create third party features such as:
- Integration with Escort Live! Show radar threats and police reported by Escort
- Integration with Torque App to warn when car is having engine problems.
- Speed Limit overlay display from third party database
- New custom marker location types on the map such as: 'special event', 'foreign embassy', 'bus stop', 'sun glare', etc.
- Mileage Log, map / gps logger.
Opening up Waze to developers would greatly reduce overhead on Waze developers, it can allow other apps to report threats, and is a really good idea. I hope it can be implemented. I know abuse can be problematic but that's why users would have to opt-in to plugins.
Raul Duque commented
It would be great
Colin Linton commented
Rodrigo Romero commented