Use this forum to vote on and add ideas to improve Waze.

Sound alerts before police and radar

I think that having a sound ringing before radar or police could help us. That's better than looking to the phone to see what's on infront. That's would give a safty driving and a secure alert.
That's important for me
I hope you'll do that.

1,274 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    claude shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

28 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Mike Owens commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

especially since we can no longer resize the map and have it stay at the desired size/distance. When it goes to highway it shows 3 or 4 miles down the road and very hard to discern what alerts are what. Change the map back to where it will hold whatever size we set it to.

• Charles Su commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to have an option to a non-voice option for all alerts -- different sounds for different events.

• István Decsi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be great if you could turn on sound notifications for speed cameras even when you're not speeding. If you make it as a configurable option, it won't annoy people who don't want them, but it would mean a great deal to a lot of us. It would also be great to be able to configure how far away from the speedtrap you get the notification.

The main reason for this request is that you have to look at your phone periodically to check for a camera, which is unsafe (even more if you are speeding).
        Furthermore there are scenarios where the app thinks you're not speeding, because it has wrong data about the speed limit.
        In my country it is very likely that the police are using a camera at the start of a restricted speed limit zone, in which case I will get the notification too late with the current version.

• Guy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was suprisd to find this is not configurable. If I have the music up loud (not even loud) it is too easy to miss the speed and cameral alerts

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please enhance sound notifications. I would really like not having to look on my screen everytime.

• hwspeedy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please configurable sound alarm for radar if I go higher speed. And sound like car reversing sensors, as the closer, the shorter the interval.

Totally agree! Waze notifies radar sometimes, mainly when we are driving in highways, but it doesn't notify when we are driving downtown. I would like to be able to configure alerts. At least give us the most important, police and radar alert sound.

i think its better if the sound is played whatever direction your going, in the UK they have cameras that can point either way, better to be safe that sorry !

• Crisitam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

O aviso sonoro para radares é essencial principalmente a noite visto que não podemos dirigir olhando constantemente para o aplicativo.Esta função não é proibida visto que para os gps tradicionais são permitidos. Ajudaria muito.

• Daniel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You, sir, deserve a cookie. That's my biggest concern that makes me keep looking at the screen.

• George commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add a sound 1/2mile or 1/2km away from speed trap. Also sometimes users in a rush to add an alert do it for the wrong side of the road. Alerts should be made for both directions

• Spartan1-6 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Couldn't agree more..!! PLEASE add a distinctive alert for speed cameras prior to running into them.. and also... give us the option to toggle that alert on/off at our discretion.
        Thanks

• hk commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

RADAR DETECTORS ARE ILLEGAL AND A WASTE OF MONEY.. BY THE TIME YOUR RADAR DETECTOR LETS YOU KNOW YOU'RE BEING WATCHED, WE ALREADY HAVE YOUR SPEED LOCKED IN

• Don commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

That may be considered a form of radar detector in some states that may be illegal

• Sylvian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1 also for me it seems very important to have a sound before radar instead looking on the phone

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base