Offline map and directions available.
Offline map and directions available for driving abroad without the use of internet (roaming).
Thanks for your feedback. At this time, this doesn't fit on our roadmap, but we'll keep it in mind for future product planning.
-
Jarek Dudzio commented
Offline maps of Europe could help. Recently I drive a cross Europe from Uk to Poland and I had lots of problems with waze with no internet abroad. Eventually I had to use Sygic trial
-
Rob
commented
I don't think my previous submission here worked because of some sort of JavaScript assumption that there's only ever one dot in an email domain. Anyway, here's my suggestion again. Waze incorrectly displays the map and recalculated your route when construction on a divided highway diverts you to the other side (I.e. 2 way traffic on one side of the divided highway with a barrier between them). Waze shows you going backwards (scrolls in reverse) and you lose your route so that you no longer can see what your next exit is. So u think waze should decide on the direction to display the map based on the direction you're going instead of on which side of the highway you're on because this is a common construction detour. It should also be smart enough to not recalculate the route.
-
Hpetrol
commented
amazing application. But when you lose the gps like in a tunnel, may be you can let it run with the last speed recorded.
-
Joshua
commented
Could have mapped almost 2k miles last week and 2k miles another route later this week. I will have sporadic connection... - its a shame my driving wont fully contribute and I won't log the full miles...
-
Driver
commented
Waze needs to be allowed offline, this means it should keep counting your miles, calculate navigation options, and report map issue reports... these should be stored in the phone and uploaded once online again!
-
Dignity Matters
commented
wifi adhoc mesh?
nfc is too short
alternatively:
• Bluetooth NAP
• Bluetooth PAN
LDAP or XCAP authentication?
-
dmotivationalized
commented
Caching route map tiles
+
Dead reckoning
=
WIN
-
Anonymous
commented
really need it, cause where I drive there is somtimes no internet connection...
-
Omer van Kloeten commented
When traveling abroad, you might not have a cellular data connection. I'd love to be able to download the entire country's map and any route I want to navigate on when I'm on a Wi-Fi connection and be able to navigate while offline.
-
Jaime Visser commented
What would work for both is this: A (lot) bigger cache (on SD, user configurable) and the option to preload a country/state/province. If waze has a data connection it can always update pieces of the map on the go.
-
camcamnz
commented
It would be great if waze would start downloading all the required map tiles when a route is entered.
The reasons for this are two fold:
first, in case there is no reception for part of the route
second, normally when a trip is started it will be in a location with good internet speed (either wifi or 3G), which may not be the case for the whole trip. -
RickW-NC commented
Thanks. Please go here to vote for this:
http://waze.uservoice.com/forums/59223-client-how-can-we-improve-waze-on-your-phone-/suggestions/886039-save-and-later-upload-client-data-for-areas-with-l -
Brett Ammons commented
Doesn't this belong in the CLIENT section of UserVoice?
-
RickW-NC commented
I have an 32g iPod touch w/TomTom gps so this is a no-brainer for me.
-
anonymous
commented
It would be really helpful for cities that are wazed poorly or have only a few waze members for now. Especially considering that there I've got no unlimited mobile internet plans and keeping connection always on is just a waste of money.