Waze Suggestion Box
- There’s power in numbers! Search through existing suggestions to see if there's someone else with a similar idea and upvote it.
- You can build upon an idea -- simply comment below your fellow Wazer's submission.
- This forum is intended for user feedback and ideas. If you have an issue which needs support, please visit our help center.
- Any comments, feedback, ideas, reports, suggestions, or other information you provide to Waze (part of Google LLC) about Waze products and services (collectively “Feedback”) is not part of your personal data.
- You agree not to disclose, in your Feedback, to Waze any information, such as third-party information, that you are obligated to maintain as confidential.
- Waze has no obligation to use your Feedback.
- By submitting your Feedback in this page, you acknowledge that you are of the minimum age required to provide data processing consent in the applicable country where you are located and that you provide permission to Waze, and its affiliates, to use your Feedback and any information that personally identifies you to improve Waze’s current and future products and services in accordance with Waze's Privacy Policy (waze.com/legal/privacy).
- Please avoid providing any personal information in your Feedback.
- Providing a name, when submitting Feedback, is optional. If you choose to provide your name, it will be publicly displayed in this forum next to your Feedback. You can delete your name and provide your Feedback as an anonymous user at any time.
- or
No existing idea results
- ~ No ideas found ~
20714 results found
-
Gas
I took a recent driving trip from MN to WA. The gas feature was useless. It would show stations 500 miles away or show stations I passed 30 miles ago. It should know the direction I am going and you should have a button you can push to see the prices right on the map in the direction you are going. Right now the feature does me no good. Also the reason why it should display on the map like you see in has buddy is to keep your eyes on the road and not scrolling through a list. One button you push to see gas prices right on the map and even showing you a range and distance away so you can plan it. I realize it might change but the tool the way it is was not helpful. Please make changes to this tool so it is easier to use and I can just use Waze in the future
I took a recent driving trip from MN to WA. The gas feature was useless. It would show stations 500 miles away or show stations I passed 30 miles ago. It should know the direction I am going and you should have a button you can push to see the prices right on the map in the direction you are going. Right now the feature does me no good. Also the reason why it should display on the map like you see in has buddy is to keep your eyes on the road and not scrolling through a list. One…
2 votes -
Bring back the Jonas Brothers voice & tour bus icon!
I speak for all Jonas fans when I say that we need Waze to bring back the Jonas Brothers voice! How are we supposed to safely drive without Kevin giving us directions and Nick and Joe popping in for a few words ? BRING IT BACK PLEASE
2 votes -
Police alert distance setting
I researched using Gemini (just as Waze also belongs to Google) to find out the distance Waze uses to warn about the presence of police, and it indicated it should be between 1 km and 1.5 km before the vehicle is located (approximately 2 miles); I have been receiving warnings less than half a mile (300 m) away. For notifications about police ahead, Waze could anticipate the warning a little further (2.5 km or 4 miles), or include the option to configure the distance, since they are occurring too close to the police officer's location, thus losing effectiveness (this has happened several times). I know it depends on who posted the warning. And whoever posted it may have done so slightly ahead of the police officer's location. This situation further justifies this change.
I researched using Gemini (just as Waze also belongs to Google) to find out the distance Waze uses to warn about the presence of police, and it indicated it should be between 1 km and 1.5 km before the vehicle is located (approximately 2 miles); I have been receiving warnings less than half a mile (300 m) away. For notifications about police ahead, Waze could anticipate the warning a little further (2.5 km or 4 miles), or include the option to configure the distance, since they are occurring too close to the police officer's location, thus losing effectiveness (this has…
2 votes -
Under "Where to?", show all "Saved places" at once instead of having to scroll horizontally.
I don't like horizontally scrolling to the right to get to all my saved places. It looks sloppy and feels weird especially when there is a vertical list of places below it. I would like it if these saved places buttons/shortcuts (home, work, others and more) were all shown at once without having to scroll horizontally. The buttons/shortcuts that don't fit all on one line would simply be moved under the first line. Then you have 2 or 3 lines or these buttons/shortcuts instead of having to scroll horizontally to look for them.
2 votes -
Restarting Waze while connected to android auto causes light or dark mode to be wrong
If I close and reopen Waze while it is connected to android auto, Waze will open in whichever light or dark mode that my phone is set to. I have my phone set on dark mode so this causes Waze to open in dark mode if I restart it while connected to android auto. However I want it to always open in the mode that matches my car's headlights. When I first start Waze with android auto it does match my car's headlights, but not when I restart it. Is there any way to change this behavior or maybe someone could improve how it behaves?
The best solution I know of is to just never close Waze while it is connected to android auto, because reopening it will cause the light or dark mode to be wrong. When it does this, I turn my car's headlights on and off then the Waze light or dark mode will match my headlights again.
I don't really like Waze open on my phone's recent apps while it is connected to android auto. I would prefer it run more in the background or in the notification area when android auto connects. if I close it on my phone, it will close on my head unit too. Maybe Waze could be moved to the notification area if I close it while connected to android auto?
I have my dark mode settings in Waze set to "only at night" and "apply to car display" off. Those are the only setting that makes Waze match my headlights. "Apply to car display" set to on makes my head unit screen stop changing with my headlights and I don't see the point of that setting.
If I close and reopen Waze while it is connected to android auto, Waze will open in whichever light or dark mode that my phone is set to. I have my phone set on dark mode so this causes Waze to open in dark mode if I restart it while connected to android auto. However I want it to always open in the mode that matches my car's headlights. When I first start Waze with android auto it does match my car's headlights, but not when I restart it. Is there any way to change this behavior or maybe someone…
2 votes -
Removal of speed camera warnings
Speed camera warnings are also used by drivers that normally exceed speed limits, which warnings provide a tool to comfortably exceed speed limits, unsafe driving. Therefore speed camera warnings can be seen as intrinsic unsafe.
2 votes -
Ul overlap issue on BYD DiLink
Hello Waze Support Team,
I am experiencing a UI scaling and layout issue with the Waze app on my car's infotainment system.
Car Model: 2025 BYD Qin L EV
System: DiLink 5
Description of the issue:
The bottom part of the Waze interface is completely overlapped by the car's native persistent system menu (climate controls and app dock).2 votes -
Dynamic Color Coding for Public Transport / Bus Lanes based on Time Restrictions
In many countries , governments are creating dedicated public transport lanes (Bus Lanes). Many of these lanes have specific operating hours, meaning they are completely open to regular private cars during off-peak hours (like nights, weekends, or specific mid-day hours).However, drivers often avoid using these lanes even when it is perfectly legal to do so. This happens out of fear of getting a heavy traffic fine, or simply because they cannot read the complex roadside signs in time while driving fast. This leads to a massive waste of road infrastructure: an entirely empty lane next to a heavily congested highway.My Suggestion for Waze:Waze should introduce dynamic visual guidance for public transport lanes based on real-time restrictions:Green Lanes: Color the bus lane Green on the map during the exact hours when private vehicles are legally allowed to use it. Waze should also route drivers through it.Red Lanes: Color the lane Red (or keep it restricted) during the hours when private cars are prohibited from entering.This simple, real-time visual cue will significantly reduce traffic congestion, give drivers confidence, and optimize the use of existing road infrastructure worldwide.
In many countries , governments are creating dedicated public transport lanes (Bus Lanes). Many of these lanes have specific operating hours, meaning they are completely open to regular private cars during off-peak hours (like nights, weekends, or specific mid-day hours).However, drivers often avoid using these lanes even when it is perfectly legal to do so. This happens out of fear of getting a heavy traffic fine, or simply because they cannot read the complex roadside signs in time while driving fast. This leads to a massive waste of road infrastructure: an entirely empty lane next to a heavily congested highway.My…
2 votes -
CLEAN UP THE MAIN SCREEN
This is a Complaint, not an "idea." You HAD a perfectly good method of choosing your displayed Vehicle type in Preferences. ONCE and ONLY ONCE.
Whose "brilliant" idea was it to load down the main screen by adding a "Car or Motorcycle" choice EVERY SINGLE TIME YOU CHOOSE A ROUTE?
Is this some pathetic attempt at "Social Engineering" by "suggesting" that we should all ride two-wheelers because they are more fuel-efficient?
I am 64 Years' old. I don't have the desire, or the balance, to switch to a Motorcycle for my 40-mile-each-way-daily-commute. ...And if I Did, I wouldn't be bouncing back-and-forth every trip!This is a Complaint, not an "idea." You HAD a perfectly good method of choosing your displayed Vehicle type in Preferences. ONCE and ONLY ONCE.
Whose "brilliant" idea was it to load down the main screen by adding a "Car or Motorcycle" choice EVERY SINGLE TIME YOU CHOOSE A ROUTE?
Is this some pathetic attempt at "Social Engineering" by "suggesting" that we should all ride two-wheelers because they are more fuel-efficient?
I am 64 Years' old. I don't have the desire, or the balance, to switch to a Motorcycle for my 40-mile-each-way-daily-commute. ...And if I Did, I wouldn't be bouncing…2 votes -
Waze bike mode
A waze mode for cyclists.
2 votes -
Problem for Login to Live Map on Website
With the correct email and password or using the QR, it need to tried for many times to login the live Map from computer web.
Many case after success login. The live map page is still remain the same as normal, the Login button will still remain on the right top corner. Tried both using email and password and QR. The live map page just same as no user login.
if managed to login, less then a minutes it will auto logout the user without notice. then you will the Login button appear on the top right corner again.
Please fix this Waze team. it is very not bad experience of using it.
With the correct email and password or using the QR, it need to tried for many times to login the live Map from computer web.
Many case after success login. The live map page is still remain the same as normal, the Login button will still remain on the right top corner. Tried both using email and password and QR. The live map page just same as no user login.
if managed to login, less then a minutes it will auto logout the user without notice. then you will the Login button appear on the top right corner again.
Please…
2 votes -
Live Map got no live data after zoom into map
Live map the live data is not stable, starting got data, but after zoom in or move to others areas the live data seem like gone missing or the entire website go missing for the live map data. This happened in when you are using laptop to login live map.
2 votes -
the computer live map did not show live traffic. zoom into map few second also did not see live data
I login waze account from laptop. the live map did not show live traffic. starting got data, after zoom into map few second all the live data gone missing
2 votes -
Police Reporting
Please add to police reporting,if they are stopped or moving. If moving, which direction. Update moving position based on speed limit and direction.
2 votes -
Add 'new wildfire' button and sync with local firefighters information systems
Add 'new wildfire' button and sync with local firefighters information systems
2 votes -
RV'S
It would be great if you added features for RV's/Travel Trailers (height, width, length etc...) to help with low bridges and narrow roads.
2 votes -
Others should not have the ability to edit our business details. Please give us the ability to control this.
I was just informed about this app today and that our business details were incorrect- including our address. I do not want other people editing out business information. Everything was wrong- including our business hours. People outside our business should not have the ability to do this.
2 votes -
Tolls Road
I suggest trying—if possible—to create a specific "report" type for countries that have road tolls (like Bulgaria), such as a "BGTOLL vehicle" category; there are many instances where these are reported as police cars, but in reality, they are just vehicles equipped with cameras to check for vignettes.
2 votes -
Specify you're driving a camping-car in the Vehicle's options
Hello I'm new on Waze and completely unaware beginer. It would be amazing to be able to specify you're driving a camping-car around 3m high, and there might be on your road some bridges, paths you can't take, and Waze would warn you or avoid you to take those roads. . Alarstizi
Shanti (France)
2 votes -
Add a Skyway On/Off Preference
Add a Skyway On/Off Preference
I would like to suggest adding a Skyway On/Off option in Waze's route preferences.
Currently, there are situations where all available route options use Skyway. While I understand that Skyway is often the fastest route, some drivers intentionally prefer SLEX or other non-Skyway roads, even if the travel time is longer.
The reasons can vary:
To reduce toll expenses.
Personal driving preference.
Familiarity with non-Skyway routes.
Avoiding expressways when not necessary.An optional "Use Skyway" toggle (On/Off) would allow users to choose whether Waze should consider Skyway when calculating routes. When turned Off, Waze could prioritize routes that avoid Skyway whenever a reasonable alternative exists, even if the estimated travel time is longer. When turned On, Waze would continue to recommend the fastest available route, including Skyway.
This feature would give users more control over their navigation experience while still allowing Waze to provide the most efficient route based on each driver's preferences.
I believe this would be a valuable addition for many drivers who prioritize lower travel costs or simply prefer driving via SLEX and other non-Skyway roads over the fastest possible route.
Add a Skyway On/Off Preference
I would like to suggest adding a Skyway On/Off option in Waze's route preferences.
Currently, there are situations where all available route options use Skyway. While I understand that Skyway is often the fastest route, some drivers intentionally prefer SLEX or other non-Skyway roads, even if the travel time is longer.
The reasons can vary:
To reduce toll expenses.
Personal driving preference.
Familiarity with non-Skyway routes.
Avoiding expressways when not necessary.An optional "Use Skyway" toggle (On/Off) would allow users to choose whether Waze should consider Skyway when calculating routes. When turned Off, Waze could…
2 votes
- Don't see your idea?