Skip to content

Waze Suggestion Box

Welcome and thank you for your interest in improving Waze!
As you share your ideas, here are a few friendly reminders:
  • There’s power in numbers! Search through existing suggestions to see if there's someone else with a similar idea and upvote it.
  • You can build upon an idea -- simply comment below your fellow Wazer's submission.
  • This forum is intended for user feedback and ideas. If you have an issue which needs support, please visit our help center.
Terms and conditions
  • Any comments, feedback, ideas, reports, suggestions, or other information you provide to Waze (part of Google LLC) about Waze products and services (collectively “Feedback”) is not part of your personal data.
  • You agree not to disclose, in your Feedback, to Waze any information, such as third-party information, that you are obligated to maintain as confidential.
  • Waze has no obligation to use your Feedback.
  • By submitting your Feedback in this page, you acknowledge that you are of the minimum age required to provide data processing consent in the applicable country where you are located and that you provide permission to Waze, and its affiliates, to use your Feedback and any information that personally identifies you to improve Waze’s current and future products and services in accordance with Waze's Privacy Policy (waze.com/legal/privacy).
  • Please avoid providing any personal information in your Feedback.
  • Providing a name, when submitting Feedback, is optional. If you choose to provide your name, it will be publicly displayed in this forum next to your Feedback. You can delete your name and provide your Feedback as an anonymous user at any time.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

499 results found

1. Display alphabet and voice guiding

Hello Waze developres!

I just drove through countries that use other alphabets than latin (cyrillic, greek). Waze gave me two nasty surprizes.

First: place names are displayed using the local alphabet, ignoring my interface language choice. Reading names / finding a place was impossible while driving, although i partially know those alphabets. Imagine having to stop on a highway just to find a place. I had to blindly follow the path to intended final destination, without being able to recognize anything on route. I strongly suggest displaying place names in an alphabet matching the user selection for interface language. Or…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Estimated Time not shown before clicking Go Now

When you enter the Where To, it gives the distance but NOT the estimated driving time. You only see the time when you click Go Now which starts the actual navigation when all I want to know is how long it would take to get there so I can know to plan ahead eg for making appointments.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Inclusao de pasta ou Grupos para organizar a funcão de " Meus Locais Favoritos"

seria interessante permitir criar Categorias, coleçao ou pasta em locais salvos para otimizar a procura dos Favoritos. Sinto falta dessa opçao que os rivais Maps e Here ja tem a muito tempo.
    Não e interessante para quem tem muitos locais salvos uma lista única grande pois perde-se muito tempo pra se localizar o local salvo desejado ainda mais se estiver dirigindo podendo desviar um bom tempo da atenção no transito.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Improve safety:

Make it easier to report issues on the road so that we don't really have to take our eyes off the road to make the report..

Now if I want to report an object or car, I need to press way too many buttons while driving. It's a huge distraction and we don't need so many details.

You can change it to a simple "Warning" instead of specifying exactly what it is (object? car? police? ...)...I would have a warning button that's always in the corner of the screen, and then a big interface pops up where you choose if…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Customizable arrow

The arrow that determines ourselves on the map is currently blue with a white outline. I think it could be a nice implementation in the app itself if we had the choice to change that. For example, a grey arrow with an orange outline.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Link Waze with emergency dispatch centers

I work with a volunteer ambulance corp in NJ. When an emergency call comes in from the 911 dispatch center we are given and address. We have to manually enter into Waze or onboard computer. This wastes time and has many user errors - wrong spelling. Wrong number. And takes valuable time away from responding to scene. It would be great if Waze integrated with these 911 centers and the address and route is prepopulated as we head to the emergency. Thank you.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. In iran waze is blocked wich goverment but iranian user very like waze please add proxy similar telegram to waze to we use easily from waze

In iran waze is blocked wich goverment but iranian user very like waze please add proxy similar telegram to waze to we use easily from waze

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Too hard to report object on road

There are too ma y steps to report an object on the road. Report > hazard > scroll down > object on road.

Maybe have voice activated reporting?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. lane guidance hov

add yellow arrows for HOV lane guidance

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Change from silence to indications with less clicks

When I change from silence to indications I must click ok that i consider unnecessary.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Shortcuts for Hazard Reports

When using the Hazard Report feature in Waze I often find that:

1) I use 1 to 3 reports a LOT more often than any others.

2) I often find that selecting these hazard icons using the current method is fiddly, dangerous when driving, and slow, resulting in the report being sent late, often about 100 meters or more past the hazard.

My improvement idea is to add 1 to 3 hazard SHORTCUTS that "slide out" for selection from the existing hazard report icon (yellow triangle) on the FIRST touch, they would then "slide in" again after selection to avoid…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Don't automatically start giving directions

I say where to go, then look at rout and options. But before I can decide the app automatically starts yelling directions loudly (in restaurant it's embarrassing). Google Maps waits untill I press the Start button. Maybe that can be an option setting, I HATE your presumption and being forced!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Search bar Rework + Favorites Customization

The search feature feels a little bit messy. Instead of having your recent searches listed under your favorites, let’s add a button for recent searches, just like the buttons for gas, food, etc. Next, Instead of having only your work and home favorites listed, let’s list all of your favorite places under the search bar. You can also add the ability to customize your other favorites with icons similar to work and home. A school icon would be very popular, and adding a boy or a girl icon for a friend’s house could be useful. You could also add other…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Drop a pin, select the wrong report category, but you cannot go back to correct like before

Release 4.101 is a step backwards. When I drop a pin and mistakenly select the wrong kind of report (for example tapping Police when I really wanted to tap Hazard) you can no longer go back to make the correct choice, you have to cancel the pin drop and start from scratch. The problem is now the new pin will be a few hundred yards further down the road than the hazard, which is not useful, especially for potholes, debris and the like. Please restore the ability to keep the pin drop but go back to the initial "What do…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Drop a pin, select the wrong report category, but you cannot go back to correct like before

Release 4.101 is a step backwards. When I drop a pin and mistakenly select the wrong kind of report (for example tapping Police when I really wanted to tap Hazard) you can no longer go back to make the correct choice, you have to cancel the pin drop and start from scratch. The problem is now the new pin will be a few hundred yards further down the road than the hazard, which is not useful, especially for potholes, debris and the like. Please restore the ability to keep the pin drop but go back to the initial "What do…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Enlarge the speed limit sign

It would be nice to be able to choose the size of the speed limit sign, I have a large screen with plenty of space and a very small sign not very readable...

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Option to sort, and save, Favourites order

Please, give us an option to sort our Favourites alphabetically and from the most recent to the older (and vice versa), and that change to be saved!

It's 2024, someone already requested it (or something identical) in 2016 and Waze doesn't seem to care.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Notification prioritisation

Sometimes when there is a vehicle stopped near a speed camera, the app will prioritise showing the stopped vehicle over the speed camera. Can we have a setting to allow us to set notification priorities to dictate which notifications are shown ahead of others.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Waze zoom

While using Waze on Android Auto, request that the map zoom to remain active when the user uses the + or - zoom function. The + or - zoom button function currently resets to a preset full out view within a few seconds after increasing map zoom and is not maintaining the zoom view the user selects.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. New interface changes are super uncomfortable and not user-friendly

Earlier to zoom out and check the route one needed to press in the bottom right corner. Now you need to tap on the screen, then press top left corner icon first and then zoom out or zoom in still in the right bottom corner. This is not good as you cover the screen with your hand while driving, and then need to make sure you will press the right button when moving all over the screen. Having these actions in the bottom left corner all together would cause much less friction.

Thank you.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base