Waze Suggestion Box

Welcome! Thanks for your interest in improving Waze.

There’s power in numbers! Search through existing suggestions before adding new ones.

• If you agree with a suggestion, vote to show your support and use the comment section to add to the idea.
  • When beginning a new suggestion, be sure to select a category so it can be sent to the right team.

This forum is intended for user feedback and ideas. If you have an issue which needs support, visit our help center.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Philip DeFranco for Waze Voice

Request for Philip DeFranco to be one of the available voices for Voice Directions in the Waze Voice options.

44,888 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1139 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add Electric Charging station location info.

As as EV driver, it would be nice if electric charging station locations was built into the app so I don't have to go to yet another app just for this info. The data is widely available from here

http://www.afdc.energy.gov/fuels/electricity_locations.html

and here

http://www.plugshare.com/

and here

http://www.chargepoint.com/

One problem is there is not one site that has all the info, so I'm forced to check all three. Having all this data within Waze would allow me to stay inside the app without having to leave it.

11,242 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under consideration  ·  294 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add pause option for stops

Add pause option to client, that could be activated when stopping by at a gas station or other places, so that heavy traffic is not indicated. It could unpause automatically when the car start moving

4,934 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    73 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. New Report options

Please add following option for reporting:

Hazard -> Weather -> Ice On Road - REALLY important in my country

Hazard -> Weather -> Flooded Road - also REALLY important

Hazard -> On road -> Road Closed ahead - this could be abused, so should be discussed in function

Hazard -> On road -> Dangerous Curve - most are marked by road signs but driver could choose to get extra warning from Waze! for example it would really help when visibility is poor!!

Hazard -> On road -> Dangerous Intersection - maybe Black Point (a point where a lot of accidents…

3,263 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under consideration  ·  92 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. "Both lanes" reporting option

Add a "both lanes" option when reporting traffic jams, hazards, and accidents affecting both directions of travel at the same time.

2,785 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under consideration  ·  43 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Tammy Dombeck - The Gridlock Buster

I am nominating my beautiful bride Tammy Dombeck to be one of your voices. Tammy was the Traffic reporter on the NBC affiliate in Dallas-Fort Worth for 14 years. After she left, she spent 3 years at the CBS affiliate as their morning and afternoon traffic reporter. We live in Fort Worth and I commute to Dallas during the week so I have been using yoru app for a couple of years. Love it. What I do miss is seeing and hearing Tammy give her traffic reports. I also am guessing that there are thousands and thousands of people here…

1,556 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    86 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Use the voice of Sam Heughan (star of "Outlander") - the show is a big hit in UK, USA, Australia, etc.

Use the voice of Sam Heughan (star of "Outlander" TV show) - clear scottish accent - the show is a big hit in UK, USA, Australia, etc. Would be good idea for a sales pitch.

1,521 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    107 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Add friends without facebook

Why am I forced to use facebook in order to add friends to Waze?? I don't use facebook, 75% of the world's population does not use facebook at all (and more with every day). Is keeping fb afloat Waze's most important purpose?
    Anyway, I don't want facebook friends on Waze, I want Waze friends on Waze and facebook friends on facebook, don't try to mix a driving app with a social network.

1,514 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under consideration  ·  83 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Daria, from the 90s MTV show

New voice of Daria from the 90s MTV show.

739 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Jai Haze for New Waze Voice

Jai Haze is a well known YouTube Vape Reviewer with a comedic voice that’s a cross between Vince Vaughn and Jersey Shore, let’s get Jais Voice on Waze, Jammies and all, to bring his comedic wittiness to our morning commutes! Can you just play him in the backround of Waze? Yes you can obviously but wouldn’t it be more of a fun matrix like commute with him reviewing the new Vape Device in the backround and him also telling you to turn your Jammy left?

482 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    35 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. William Daniels voice as KITT from Knight Rider

Since Arnold Schwarzenegger voice was introduced as the Terminator, why not use KITT's voice as well? I think it would be a great idea, since he was one of the first talking cars! I'm pretty sure a lot of people would like to have KITT by his side while they're in the road.

374 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    25 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. "EV Charging" instead of "Gas Stations"

You can already tell Waze that you're driving an electric vehicle... so why do I still see "gas stations" as an option? Google Maps already has EV charging station POIs - let us select "EV Charging" instead of "gas stations"!

345 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    32 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Waze API

Unsure in which forum this falls, but the idea is to have an API which developers could use to use Waze information on their websites or apps.

341 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under consideration  ·  13 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 332 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    12 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Voice of Paul Bettany as Jarvis

After the sucess of Arnold we want the voice of Paul Bettany as Ironman´s Buttler Jarvis!!! Or Vision.

301 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    12 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. @bastardprophet navigation

Get @bastardprophet from twitter to record a navigation voice! Let’s go!!

300 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    13 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Keep Arnold Schwarzenegger Voice Forever.

I've noticed voices disappear which I really loved (like Sleepy Hollow's Ichabod Crane). And I'm dreading the day Arnold disappears... I love the T-800 giving me directions "if I want to live." Is there any way we can keep the voice forever? Damn the licensing!!!!

281 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    23 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Matt Berry Voice Navigation

Matt Berry Voice Navigation

Esteemed actor, musician, performer, and artist, Matt Berry, would make a stupendous addition to the Waze program and community. With a confident, sultry, and seductive presence, Matt Berry would guide thousands of drivers to their destinations in the comfort of his soothing, tenor voice.

We, the people, recognize that Matt Berry is busy with his numerous endeavors and that Waze has countless features they strive to add to an already vigorous navigation system. It is with this in mind that we humbly suggest a few lines pulled from his revered catalog of work along with new…

241 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. What about electric cars

Add gaz preference as: Electricity

this would triggers the networks of CS [charging stations] (and/or connector type) to appear in the favorite company and display the CS.

you could also ask what kind of EV and display CS accordingly (i.e. if Tesla, show only the tesla's CS and J1442 connectors; if a Nissan Leaf, DO NOT display the Tesla's CS and display CHAdeMO and J1442 CS) ...

Lots to do... be the best for everybody!

Love your app, but not with my EV :(

Plugshare.com
    ev charge hub
    or my map! https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=zMMDqic1ZmQY.kwGWb9COi4A4&usp=sharing

239 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. CARDI B voice navigation request

What’s popping y’all?hoping waze comes out with a version of CARDI B voice navigating, I wanna party with cardi while I’m on the road! please make this happen!OKURRRR!!!

195 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5
  • Don't see your idea?

Waze Suggestion Box

Categories