Skip to content

Waze Suggestion Box

Welcome and thank you for your interest in improving Waze!
As you share your ideas, here are a few friendly reminders:
  • There’s power in numbers! Search through existing suggestions to see if there's someone else with a similar idea and upvote it.
  • You can build upon an idea -- simply comment below your fellow Wazer's submission.
  • This forum is intended for user feedback and ideas. If you have an issue which needs support, please visit our help center.
Terms and conditions
  • Any comments, feedback, ideas, reports, suggestions, or other information you provide to Waze (part of Google LLC) about Waze products and services (collectively “Feedback”) is not part of your personal data.
  • You agree not to disclose, in your Feedback, to Waze any information, such as third-party information, that you are obligated to maintain as confidential.
  • Waze has no obligation to use your Feedback.
  • By submitting your Feedback in this page, you acknowledge that you are of the minimum age required to provide data processing consent in the applicable country where you are located and that you provide permission to Waze, and its affiliates, to use your Feedback and any information that personally identifies you to improve Waze’s current and future products and services in accordance with Waze's Privacy Policy (waze.com/legal/privacy).
  • Please avoid providing any personal information in your Feedback.
  • Providing a name, when submitting Feedback, is optional. If you choose to provide your name, it will be publicly displayed in this forum next to your Feedback. You can delete your name and provide your Feedback as an anonymous user at any time.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

26 results found

1. Increase police warning distance

Waze users are warned of speed traps or police presence only about 600 feet ahead of time. This is far too late of a warning. With a clear line of sight, law enforcement can detect speeders at 1-2 miles out.

By the time the Waze warning pops up, you could have already been detected.

This feature – while very well intentioned and thought out – is useless with so little warning.

3,191 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Speed Bumps

I will suggest the inclusion of speed reducers commonly used in Brazil, called "lombadas" or "quebra-molas" (speed bumps). These elements are rarely well signposted.
    Are a ridge set in a road surface, for purposes to make drivers to reduce speed.

955 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. automotive

Hi,
    when can we expect Waze be compatible on the Android Automotive OS (so not Android Auto, but Android Automotive as the new OS for the Polestar 2 car).
    thanks for you reply

586 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. It would be great if School Zones were added.

I gave votes to the others. I do understand there are time management issues. This would be a huge plus.

523 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We plan to work on putting School Zone alerts in the near future. In the meantime, make sure you’ve got the latest version of Waze for all the latest features.

5. Lane closure reports made easy

I'd like a report button that would indicate lane closures.

Could press to report the beginning of the lane closure, then press again to report the end.

Then you indicate whether it's the left, right, or center lane.

458 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We plan to work on having an option to report a lane closure in the near future. In the meantime, make sure you’ve got the latest version of Waze for all the latest features.

6. Quick-report presets

The amount of phone interaction required for reporting is a bit onerous while driving. Tap to Report > select category > add optional additional info > send. I often skip reporting altogether to avoid distracting from driving.

I would love to see the ability to have one-touch presets for making reports from the main screen. A single tap to mark & send a report on an accident, hazard, or speedtrap, etc.

User might even be allowed to customize which presets are present and/or include specific text (i.e. "Left lane closed") for frequent events.

340 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Speed Limit Change Alert

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE add a voice alert of speed limit changes. I am on the highway all the time and the speed limit constantly changes. It would be helpful if the voice would say “Speed limit has increased” or “Speed limit has decreased”. I got a ticket because I thought I was still in a 75mph speed zone and I didn’t realize it changed to 55mph. Yes the image of speed limit changes accordingly but a nice voice alert would be extremely BENEFICIAL!! Thank you!!!

245 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

55 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Time dependent Speed Limits

We really need the ability to add time dependent Speed Limits for school zones or other times of the day where the maximum speed limit changes, this would not only help with navigation slow downs (which most school zones wouldn't affect too much anyway) but would also increase safety for drivers and pedestrians in the area.

If we were able to set speed limits during specific times of the day it would mean a popup warning for a changed speed would mean users would be aware and slow down and hopefully prevent accidents from occurring in this speed sensitive zones.

220 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. To mark street - Kids are playing

Dear Waze Maps,

My friends and I have come across a problem. This problem is kids playing on a community road/street. This presents a risk to kids , drivers , and property. For example , a kid who is playing on the road could get injured by a car hitting him/her. The car could also swerve and hit another car , injuring the driver and/or car. Another possibility is for the car to hit property like : signs , decorations , houses , or light posts.

A person who is familiar with the road usually doesn't use Waze maps ,…

197 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

26 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Night Mode on all User Interface Elements

When you're in Night Mode the map is, essentially, reversed in color; light things are dark, dark things are light. This is not true for any of the other user interface elements. Search, popups, reporting... all are very bright and very distracting. These interfaces should also be reversed, that is, dark grey backgrounds with light gray text.

143 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. When traveling across time zones, have the ETA show the correct time in the time zone you’re goi g to.

I’m traveling across time zones. Can you make the ETA show the arrival time in the time zone I’m traveling to??

69 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We plan to work on showing the ETA with the correct time zone of your end destination in the near future. In the meantime, make sure you’ve got the latest version of Waze for all the latest features.

12. Inidate actual time & distance

Please indicate actual time & distances after arrival at the destination

50 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Hear Waze voices before selecting a new one

I'm sure folks would like to know what a Waze "voice" sounds like as soon as they select one, without having to "save" it, then take a "trip," to hear it! Whenever the user selects a "voice," it would say something like, "Turn left at the next light" or similar, making it much easier to decide which voice is best.

40 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We plan to work on the option to hear the voice before choosing in the near future. In the meantime, make sure you’ve got the latest version of Waze for all the latest features.

14. School zone speed notifications

A notification as simple ad "approaching a school zone" would br highly beneficial. It would help wazers to slow down in time.
    Just like the "approaching a railroad crossing" notification enhances safety while driving this would be a highly beneficial addition to the waze map.

37 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Alerts  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Voice audio sample

When selecting a new voice it would be very convenient to have an audio sample play so we don't need to start a trip to hear what it sounds like.

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We plan to work on adding an option to hear Voice samples when choosing in the near future. In the meantime, make sure you’ve got the latest version of Waze for all the latest features.

16. Add the working ev chargers and level and the ability to report dead chargers!

Add EV charger locations and their level. Add ability to find chargers “near me”. Add the ability report and post dead chargers!

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We plan to work on adding the Electric charging stations on the map in the near future. In the meantime, make sure you’ve got the latest version of Waze for all the latest features.

17. Personal statistics

Would be nice to get stats about your personal routes : average travel time between your first 2 or 3 destinations, average waze error on ETA (accuracy and precision - see wikipedia for the difference), time you spend driving per day, number of wazers you cross... one can invent all sort of fun and useful statistics.

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We plan to work on having a personal statistics of the routes taken in the near future. In the meantime, make sure you’ve got the latest version of Waze for all the latest features.

18. Toll/No toll option BEFORE choosing route.

This is a NO-BRAINER. If I want to view the toll road and non-toll road options, I want to be able to choose it BEFORE selecting the route, not buried in ‘settings’ and worse, only AFTER I’ve set the route.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We plan to work on having a feature to toggle on and off Toll routes in the near future. In the meantime, make sure you’ve got the latest version of Waze for all the latest features.

19. Posibilidad de marcar en el mapa, los reductores de velocidad más grandes (túmulos)

En las calles y carreteras de los países de América Central, es común que haya reductores de velocidad de gran tamaño. Sería interesante poder marcarlos en el mapa.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Set Speed Camera Operating Schedules and Enforcement Speeds

In NYC, speed cameras have been deployed around schools but are generally operational on "school days during school hours and one hour before and one hour after the school day".

Effectively this means the speed cameras are operational Monday-Friday from 7:30AM-3:30PM during the school year (and perhaps a 1-month summer school period.)

Perhaps there could be a way to attribute the known days/hours where these cameras are in operation so as to not trigger false alerts.

Second, while the road speed might be marked to 25/MPH, the speed camera enforcement is for vehicles traveling 35/MPH or higher. Perhaps the "excessive…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base