Use this forum to vote on and add ideas to improve Waze.

Add Electric Charging station location info.

As as EV driver, it would be nice if electric charging station locations was built into the app so I don't have to go to yet another app just for this info. The data is widely available from here

http://www.afdc.energy.gov/fuels/electricity_locations.html

and here

http://www.plugshare.com/

and here

http://www.chargepoint.com/

One problem is there is not one site that has all the info, so I'm forced to check all three. Having all this data within Waze would allow me to stay inside the app without having to leave it.

10,474 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Julius T shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

286 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
An error occurred while saving the comment
  • Daniel Born commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I decided against buying the base Tesla Model 3 because it didn't allow for nav with traffic and neither Android Auto to use Waze with it. My future EV now on order does not have built in nav but has Android Auto so I will continue to use Waze for navigation but having integrated charging stations directly in Waze would be SO much better. I add my voice to all the others here.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If Waze cannot handle mapping the charging stations, they could at least allow users to flag them.

• Darshit Majmudar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It’s been almost six years since this suggestion was initiated. EV infrastructures have increased significantly and so has the EVs on road since then.

This is a much needed feature in this near perfect navigation app.

• Bart commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would be so great if you can see charging stations on the map the same way you can now (choose to) see petrol stations. Simply in settings where you can now choose type of fuel add electric would be awesome and make Waze even further the leading nav-app.

• Ian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Love Waze but would love it more if could list at least all the rapid chargers

• Darren Talbot commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don’t use Waze anymore in my EV as the mapping is useless without charge points.

Adding it would make Waze my map of choice

• John Young commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add EV Chargers info onto Waze as this is becoming more and more important as the number of Electric Vehicles on our roads will continue to grow dramatically. Thanks

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Join forces with plug share zap map and or polar, we cannot keep stopping and changing mapping. Waze is so close to perfect

• Mike commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

PLEASE add EV station locations into Waze, it would be so useful to both myself and to all the increasing numbers of EV owners out there

• Kim nott commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Use Waze a lot when I go anywhere but have to change to Zap-Map for my charging needs would make sense that Waze put the/my charging points on when needed!

← Previous 1 3 4 5 14 15

Feedback and Knowledge Base