Use this forum to vote on and add ideas to improve Waze.

Add Electric Charging station location info.

As as EV driver, it would be nice if electric charging station locations was built into the app so I don't have to go to yet another app just for this info. The data is widely available from here

http://www.afdc.energy.gov/fuels/electricity_locations.html

and here

http://www.plugshare.com/

and here

http://www.chargepoint.com/

One problem is there is not one site that has all the info, so I'm forced to check all three. Having all this data within Waze would allow me to stay inside the app without having to leave it.

9,133 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Julius T shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

237 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Definitely want this. Would be great to be able to specify socket type required too (or perhaps vehicle that could then tie in to socket type and/or supported charger types). Long term, integrate with Android Auto so that Waze is aware of remaining vehicle range and can route to a charger/fuel station automatically if range < distance to destination.

Is 9019 votes not enough to get Waze to add this?? I will soon drive EV and don't like the idea of having to stop using Waze over this...

• Martin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Waze, please :) also add possibility to suggest preffered stations based on cars capacity durring planned trip :)

• Jerker Nilsson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please, come on! Ive prefered Waze this long, but since I just bought an electrical car I wont use it any more..

• Nico commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add EV charging stations to Waze! Even better not only to add EV charging stations, but als to calculate the optimal route using the fastest chargers along the route!

I have a plug in hybrid and it uses Android Auto. I have Waze in there. It would sure be nice if it had a charging station overlay and even better if I could filter those based on what is applicable to my vehicle

Will be very useful and convenient, plus should be categorized by connector type as a fuel type, after electric is added in addition to ICE types

• Nils commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Oh yes please, being a new EV driver, the discomfort when being used to 'find me a gas station, waze' not being available for EV, but having to switch to another app is not good, for an otherwise so fully functional app!

Nous roulons électrique tous les week-ends (Tesla modèle 3) alors j’aimerais vraiment pouvoir voir les bornes en direct sans être obligé de sauter d’une application à l’autre et également pouvoir voir où elles sont situer même si je suis au gaz.
        De plus, de serait bien d’indiquer le type de charge un peu comme la préférence des stations services,

← Previous 1 3 4 5 11 12

Feedback and Knowledge Base