Use this forum to vote on and add ideas to improve Waze.

Add Electric Charging station location info.

As as EV driver, it would be nice if electric charging station locations was built into the app so I don't have to go to yet another app just for this info. The data is widely available from here

http://www.afdc.energy.gov/fuels/electricity_locations.html

and here

http://www.plugshare.com/

and here

http://www.chargepoint.com/

One problem is there is not one site that has all the info, so I'm forced to check all three. Having all this data within Waze would allow me to stay inside the app without having to leave it.

9,779 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Julius T shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

251 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Let Waze support the future in automotive. You have fuel stations these are no good to me now.

Why ask if I have electric car and propose gaz stations?
    Illusion of doing something for the growing user of electric cars

Agree with the comments that including EV stations within the app is important. Opening other apps to locate them is not a good solution. WAZE allows users to narrow fuel choices by brand, grade of petrol, diesel - why not electric? It would be a great service for users.

• Mau Ferrara commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree it would be very useful to have the position of electric charging stations also in Italy as the electric vehicle market is exploding. Thanks for the attention.

• Dave commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Waze was ahead of the game with a fast, up-to-date, good looking navigation app but now seems to be lagging behind with no EV options. Don't make me use the car's built in nav :'(

For sure,please add a charge point facility. A choice of electric as fuel and EV as a car choice.

I was not aware that Waze is so old fashion. You can not select an ev car in preferences. Come on Waze, you can do better

This would be a great idea. I would even consider to have this a a social option. So the drivers can mark the chargers themselves. By doing so you don't even need to have access to the above websites.

Definitely want this. Would be great to be able to specify socket type required too (or perhaps vehicle that could then tie in to socket type and/or supported charger types). Long term, integrate with Android Auto so that Waze is aware of remaining vehicle range and can route to a charger/fuel station automatically if range < distance to destination.

Is 9019 votes not enough to get Waze to add this?? I will soon drive EV and don't like the idea of having to stop using Waze over this...

• Martin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Waze, please :) also add possibility to suggest preffered stations based on cars capacity durring planned trip :)

• Jerker Nilsson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please, come on! Ive prefered Waze this long, but since I just bought an electrical car I wont use it any more..

← Previous 1 3 4 5 12 13

Feedback and Knowledge Base