Use this forum to vote on and add ideas to improve Waze.

Add Electric Charging station location info.

As as EV driver, it would be nice if electric charging station locations was built into the app so I don't have to go to yet another app just for this info. The data is widely available from here

http://www.afdc.energy.gov/fuels/electricity_locations.html

and here

http://www.plugshare.com/

and here

http://www.chargepoint.com/

One problem is there is not one site that has all the info, so I'm forced to check all three. Having all this data within Waze would allow me to stay inside the app without having to leave it.

5,705 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Julius T shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

132 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Dr. Gergely Halasz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The concept of Waze is the future of driving. The future of driving is electric... it is an essential function for an already big and exponentially growing community.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Come on Waze, EV charge points would take Waze from a great sat nav app to an absolutely brilliant one. Stop dragging your heels. It’s something you’ll have to add eventually, let’s have it now and turn this great app into a brilliant one

• Andrew charlton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Waze is superb.... putting ev charge points would make it the only sat nav that does and therefore a cut above the rest..comon google....lead the way again..

• Mark commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't use Waze as I am happy with the satnav in my Nissan Leaf. However, the addition of EV charge points would be enough to make me give Waze a try.

• Chris McEvoy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Given the growing size of the EV market, it seems ridiculous that Waze doesn't already have this! Please add it!

With EV's becoming more popular having charging stations on the maps would boost the use of this very good satnav.

• Patrick Evans commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's either Waze or Google Maps for Satnav use. First one to have real time electric charging point with Live data wins!

I use waze regularly. Now that I have an EV, I would like to see charging stations on the app. Users could update status in real-time.

• Jamie McMurtrie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

With more and more countries setting dates for the banning of new fossil fuelled cars sure Waze must implement this to stay ahead of the game.

• Lewis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Easy to implement and useful for an exponentially increasing proportion of motorists.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7

Feedback and Knowledge Base