Use this forum to vote on and add ideas to improve Waze.

Add Electric Charging station location info.

As as EV driver, it would be nice if electric charging station locations was built into the app so I don't have to go to yet another app just for this info. The data is widely available from here

http://www.afdc.energy.gov/fuels/electricity_locations.html

and here

http://www.plugshare.com/

and here

http://www.chargepoint.com/

One problem is there is not one site that has all the info, so I'm forced to check all three. Having all this data within Waze would allow me to stay inside the app without having to leave it.

8,381 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Julius T shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

216 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Attila Sziklai commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Still can't set "fuel" to Electric! With more and more EV users on the roads it would be very useful if we could see EV chargers inside Waze. There are many apps providing good services but it should be in Waze too just like Gas stations.

• PeteS commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I understand this would be a lot of work considering all the L-2 chargers out there. If they would just start with Level-3 ChaDeMo, CCS and Tesla it would be a huge help!!

• Simon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There are several different charger types ( in the UK at least).
        Can you do a selection like with fuel stations.

• Rickse commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would like this for sure. Guess I need to use Apple maps instead since they integrate with chargepoint?

• Carlos commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not in Waze yet!?!?!?
        So... there's no need to be on the cutting edge of technology?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Tried Waze for first time today after a friend’s recommendation. Disappointed to find out that Waze has no “electric car” type... this request has also been around for a while! Please add charging points. Electric car use is exploding right now! Adapt or be left behind!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to see an EV mode. Basically allowing you to swap gas station info with charging station info. My guess thiugh is that the gas info is sponsored and this would cost waze money in advertising. But I'd really really like to see this feature added.

• Björn Ekblom commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As a new user I was really surprised to see that the app, that seems modern to me, in no way is adapted to EV drivers! A major drawback.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 10 11

Feedback and Knowledge Base