Skip to content

Waze Suggestion Box

Welcome and thank you for your interest in improving Waze!
As you share your ideas, here are a few friendly reminders:
  • There’s power in numbers! Search through existing suggestions to see if there's someone else with a similar idea and upvote it.
  • You can build upon an idea -- simply comment below your fellow Wazer's submission.
  • This forum is intended for user feedback and ideas. If you have an issue which needs support, please visit our help center.
Terms and conditions
  • Any comments, feedback, ideas, reports, suggestions, or other information you provide to Waze (part of Google LLC) about Waze products and services (collectively “Feedback”) is not part of your personal data.
  • You agree not to disclose, in your Feedback, to Waze any information, such as third-party information, that you are obligated to maintain as confidential.
  • Waze has no obligation to use your Feedback.
  • By submitting your Feedback in this page, you acknowledge that you are of the minimum age required to provide data processing consent in the applicable country where you are located and that you provide permission to Waze, and its affiliates, to use your Feedback and any information that personally identifies you to improve Waze’s current and future products and services in accordance with Waze's Privacy Policy (waze.com/legal/privacy).
  • Please avoid providing any personal information in your Feedback.
  • Providing a name, when submitting Feedback, is optional. If you choose to provide your name, it will be publicly displayed in this forum next to your Feedback. You can delete your name and provide your Feedback as an anonymous user at any time.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

252 results found

1. A navigation app with no compass is beyond stupid.

Why this thing still doesn't have a compass is beyond me. It's 2018 and you people dont know how to add a compass to a GPS app? The compass also should be turned on by default. Please don't make us go crazy searching through a ton of menus just to turn the damn thing on.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

4 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

By default compass is displayed on screen tap.

To always show it go to Settings – Map display – Quick access – Always on

In Map display settings it is also possible to lock North.

2. Location

Make the location while using and not Alway on location

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Now available  ·  0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Avoid ferry's

Dears, I had some serious issues in Hungary and had to make extra 150 km because there is no such option to avoid ferry's... iGo has it and works super and I had to chamge from Waze to iGo to find my final destination... Could be a really good new option in Navigation

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Carpool option

There should be a toggle to designate when you are using carpool(HOV) based on your vehicle's occupancy or if you have an electric vehicle as I do and only use the HOV lane. This would provide me with more accurate ETAs by considering the speed of other vehicles in the HOV lane and it could also change my routing because of the decreased ETA in the HOV lane. Also, by making it a toggle, you could turn it on or off based on your vehicle occupancy for non electric vehicle drivers. Thanks for considering.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your suggestion! As you may know, Waze offers HOV routing for taxis. To change your vehicle type go to Settings > Vehicle type. There are currently no plans to add more HOV options.

5. Sugiro colocar um lembrete para ligar os faróis baixos ao entrar em estradas no Brasil seguindo a nova lei implantada

Sugiro colocar um lembrete para ligar os faróis baixos ao entrar em estradas no Brasil seguindo a nova lei implantada, e principalmente quando o motorista para para abastecer, quando retorna a estrada normalmente esquece de acender os faróis normalmente

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Now available  ·  0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Tolls

I wish there was a way to post falls that change told amounts the change based on traffic patterns. I 95 in Miami the tolls on the express lane change depending on traffic Volumes. sometimes or $.25 or $.50 sometimes they cost $10 I wish I knew what the price was

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your suggestion! As you may know, Waze calculates and displays toll prices in many parts of the world. To know when this becomes available in your country, stay tuned on Waze’s social pages on Facebook and Instagram

7. speed limits

It should be interresting to add the speed limit on the map, every user could add the limit through his trip.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Precisa ter na tela a opção de avisar locais com radares fixos e tambem moveis.

Precisa ter na tela a opção de avisar locais com radares fixos e tambem moveis. Esta opção existia mas foi removida. Precisa ter. Pessoas estão reportando como Policia oculta mas isto é errado, precisa ser o report certo, até porque é errado avisar sobre policia uma vez que isso pode ajudar bandidos, enquanto que avisar sobre radar movel é perfeitamente lícito!

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Make the speed limit bigger and permanently visible on screen. I don’t like having to make it appear by driving a little faster

Can you make the speed limit stay on permanently. And bigger. It’s too small and takes a number of seconds (eyes off road seconds) to glance down looking for it. When unsure of the speed limit in areas where it changes a lot then the only way to make it appear is to drive faster and look for what point it flashes up. This is not safe. I would love it to just be there all of the time.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Now available  ·  4 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Law

a law was created that we have to use the low beam on the roads even during the day. I would suggest an in-app notice to kindle the light when entering a highway. Thank you

Foi criada uma lei em que temos que usar o farol baixo nas rodovias mesmo durante o dia. Gostaria de sugerir um aviso no aplicativo para acendermos o farol ao entrar em uma rodovia. Obrigado

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Great news! The feature of getting an alert reminder to turn on headlight is now available in Waze (note that this is currently available in Brazil and Italy only). Install the latest app version to check it out.

11. Identifying yourself as a carpool so Waze can take advantage of carpool lane times.

Being able to identify yourself as a carpool so Waze lets you take advantage of roads with carpool lanes.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Show cheapest gas station for your preferred fuel grade along Route

When you plug in the address for your destination comma a notification good pop up to show the cheapest gas station for your grade of fuel along that route. For rats over 300 miles. Multiple stations could pop up.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. SHOW A COMPASS ON THE MAP.

SHOW A COMPASS ON WAZE NAVIGATION.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

By default compass is displayed on screen tap.
    To always show it go to Settings – Map display – Quick access – Always show. In Map display settings it is also possible to lock North.

14. Have an option to use HOV routes or not

I drive by myself most of the time that I use Waze. Many times two out of the three routes I get are in HOV route. It would be nice if I could opt out of HOV routes and actually have three routes to choose from.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your suggestion! As you may know, Waze offers HOV routing for taxis. To change your vehicle type go to Settings > Vehicle type. There are currently no plans to add more HOV options.

15. "Easy drive" mode

define the navigation logic so that it will skip narrow streets, traffic lights, stop signes, any road when the average speed is under 40 km/h etc. Allow for a 20% longer ride, but get me home fresh and not drained...

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Add Buttons

Its difficult to give reports when one is driving at 120 km/hr. Users must be able to add buttons, similar to speed reading on the screen, where once can report by touch of a button. One should also have option to drag and place these buttons anywhere on the screen

I would add following to my screen when driving.
    - Report Car on Shoulder
    - Report Pothole
    - Heavy traffic
    - police (visible / Invisible.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. The ability to use coordinates

It'd be great to be able to take coordinates from Waze and send them via email OR copy them to another app. OR, be able to copy coordinates into Waze from a website or other app.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your suggestion! As you may already know, Waze supports GPS coordinates as destination.
    Stay tuned for more features and updates on Waze’s social pages on Facebook and Instagram

18. Avoiding Traffic notification

Can you add a notification sound or announcement letting drivers know when Waze is avoiding traffic or hazards?

The reason is that sometimes Waze will prompt you to take a route that seems to make no sense, and I'm tempted to say no. If Waze would just say something like "Take the next exit, avoiding traffic," it would be much easier to understand why.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. General Reminder

I use the child reminder feature to remind me to check parking and to make sure my motorbike is securely locked. Could this reminder be a general reminder instead of only a "Child Reminder"?

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. add lanes to the app. During traffic congestion please tell us which lane is moving faster and which lane accidents are in.

add lanes to the app. During traffic congestion please tell us which lane is moving faster and which lane accidents are in.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Great news! Lane guidance feature is now available in Waze. Install the latest app version to check it out.

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base