Skip to content

Waze Suggestion Box

Welcome and thank you for your interest in improving Waze!
As you share your ideas, here are a few friendly reminders:
  • There’s power in numbers! Search through existing suggestions to see if there's someone else with a similar idea and upvote it.
  • You can build upon an idea -- simply comment below your fellow Wazer's submission.
  • This forum is intended for user feedback and ideas. If you have an issue which needs support, please visit our help center.
Terms and conditions
  • Any comments, feedback, ideas, reports, suggestions, or other information you provide to Waze (part of Google LLC) about Waze products and services (collectively “Feedback”) is not part of your personal data.
  • You agree not to disclose, in your Feedback, to Waze any information, such as third-party information, that you are obligated to maintain as confidential.
  • Waze has no obligation to use your Feedback.
  • By submitting your Feedback in this page, you acknowledge that you are of the minimum age required to provide data processing consent in the applicable country where you are located and that you provide permission to Waze, and its affiliates, to use your Feedback and any information that personally identifies you to improve Waze’s current and future products and services in accordance with Waze's Privacy Policy (waze.com/legal/privacy).
  • Please avoid providing any personal information in your Feedback.
  • Providing a name, when submitting Feedback, is optional. If you choose to provide your name, it will be publicly displayed in this forum next to your Feedback. You can delete your name and provide your Feedback as an anonymous user at any time.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

522 results found

1. Better traffic updates

There’s needs to be a better explanation when putting a traffic update on the map. Putting that there’s a traffic jam or standstill traffic doesn’t help. Needs to have a better explanation with the traffic update in order for it to be put on the map. Why is traffic being held up?!! Is construction or an accident.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. New York has installed permanent speed cameras on many major roads, NYS Thruway, I84, 90, ect, As well as work zone cameras. How do we repor

New York has installed permanent speed cameras on many major roads, NYS Thruway, I84, 90, ect,, as well as work zone cameras.
    How do we report them?
    I suggest two options under the police tab for permanent speed cameras and temporary work zone camera reports.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. General map editing fixes

When it comes to submitting a claim that part of the map is incorrect, the Waze contributor that contacts me speaks to me in a one-way conversation. I have no ability to text back, so he says that "no the map is fine" but he doesn't know that the recently there was construction and a new speed camera was installed. Unfortunately, I don't have the ability to message him back. It's like an email inbox where I can only receive but I cannot send. If I could send and I can attach images as proof that the map has changed,…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. 6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Driving lane information

It would be great if a user that put notification about stopped vehicle, could also mark on which lane the event happened or is present, for example: stopped on the side, on the first lane, on the second lane or third lane

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Overview of speed controls

Show an overview of all speed controls that you had on your way with for each control the speed limit and users speed at the moment of passing the control. Including the section controls as well, showing the speed limit and users average speed during the section control. So the user can see all the controls he had and were he drove above the speed limit (and so risks to receive a fine).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Police reporting needs to be on main map instead of sub-menu

All three police reporting buttons need to be displayed on the main map, since these are the three buttons that you'll use the most. Having to click into a sub-menu and find the button that you need while driving is entirely too distracting while driving. It would be much safer if users were able to simply click the 'police visible', 'police hidden', or 'police - other side' buttons, without having to access a sub-menu.

There are two things that people use Waze for: traffic routing and police reporting. All other things in the reporting sub-menu are extra and can stay…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Add an option for fire and ems

Take out the police option on the reports page and rename it to emergency services and put police, fire, and ems as options

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Configuration Setting for Road Hazards Order

Road Hazard Reporting is extremely important for the efficiency & simplicity of submissions! We do NOT want the "Submission of Report" to be the source of vehicle accidents! This can be assistance with one being able to customize their own order of "Road Hazards" listing within the Smartphone App and CarPlay view! In my case, having to scroll down in my CarPlay view to access "Pothole" increases my chances of possible "vehicle accident issues" on the road due to the extra 2-5 seconds of "less direct attention" to the crazy other drivers on the road! In other words, this configuration…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Hazard link fix

The car on roadway report link was removed. While being on the shoulder is probably the most seen report for cars stopped, a car stopped in the middle of the road is also a serious hazard. I think this link should be added back.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. One Touch for vehicle stopped on shoulder

For me 9 out of 10 hazard reports are a vehicle stopped on the shoulder. It takes 3 taps. I suggest to create a new button on the main screen that does the report in one tap only - like a macro. It will be safer and easie

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. off-screen RTC reporting in app

i'd like to have the ability to add an RTC from the app when i'm not centered on my current location.

for instance, i can often see a closure on a road that's not part of my route and i'd like to be able to mark it as closed but maybe once i've reached a safe stopping point. For instance if i'm on my way to work and pass a side street with a closure i'd like to mark it once i get there, but as soon as i've passed it the option is gone because the report pin disappears…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. NOT AN IDEA.. A REPORT.. After the iOS version of the App was upgraded, I cannot report police activity, on plain view or hidden, anymore.

NOT AN IDEA.. A REPORT.. After the iOS version of the App was upgraded, I cannot report police activity, on plain view or hidden, anymore. When I try to send a report, the app does nothing. It's supposed to tell me: Report Sent!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. As a driver, I want the option to indicate a specific lane when reporting an obstacle, so that other drivers can plan their maneuvers in adv

As a driver, I want the option to indicate a specific lane when reporting an obstacle, so that other drivers can plan their maneuvers in advance.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Display for reporting

Like the new reporting format. Why not out a button format for the second level instead of having to scroll to find the choice. On Apple Car Pmay, if you choose to report a hazard, you have to scroll to find pothole, there are 6 choices and with button layout they can all fit, without the need to scroll.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Specify which lane pothole is on

Hi,
    Please allow users to specify which lane # the pothole is on.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Report temporary/mobile Speed Cameras

Add MOBILE SPEED CAMERA to the list of reports! Not every speed camera is permanent.

Also, your user forum for suggestions is a passive way to make your application better. Please add an actual feedback option on the help menu makes users actually feel like you are listening!

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Reset the location of a Report in the dialog asking the user if the Report is "Still There"

Reports are generally close to the correct location, but not always, so an option to reset the location in the dialog for "Still There" would be great!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. POLLICY Suggestions from Wazers

Dear Wazers,

I believe Waze is an incredible tool, but I think there are opportunities for improvement. Have you considered incorporating features that allow users to suggest improvements to local governments and cities? For instance, users could report issues like potholes, malfunctioning traffic lights, or poorly synchronized signals directly through the app. Waze could then relay these reports to the relevant authorities responsible for maintaining roads and traffic infrastructure.

Additionally, Wazers could provide suggestions for new roads, bridges, or traffic patterns, which could greatly enrich both the Waze experience and governmental planning efforts. By facilitating this exchange of information, Waze…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Report incidents and police not within your vacinity

It should be possible to report an incident or police not within your location, as it's very difficult if not impossible to report something in the area when you are on the move. Having to stop to do so makes the reporting feature almost pointless

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base