Skip to content

Waze Suggestion Box

Welcome and thank you for your interest in improving Waze!
As you share your ideas, here are a few friendly reminders:
  • There’s power in numbers! Search through existing suggestions to see if there's someone else with a similar idea and upvote it.
  • You can build upon an idea -- simply comment below your fellow Wazer's submission.
  • This forum is intended for user feedback and ideas. If you have an issue which needs support, please visit our help center.
Terms and conditions
  • Any comments, feedback, ideas, reports, suggestions, or other information you provide to Waze (part of Google LLC) about Waze products and services (collectively “Feedback”) is not part of your personal data.
  • You agree not to disclose, in your Feedback, to Waze any information, such as third-party information, that you are obligated to maintain as confidential.
  • Waze has no obligation to use your Feedback.
  • By submitting your Feedback in this page, you acknowledge that you are of the minimum age required to provide data processing consent in the applicable country where you are located and that you provide permission to Waze, and its affiliates, to use your Feedback and any information that personally identifies you to improve Waze’s current and future products and services in accordance with Waze's Privacy Policy (waze.com/legal/privacy).
  • Please avoid providing any personal information in your Feedback.
  • Providing a name, when submitting Feedback, is optional. If you choose to provide your name, it will be publicly displayed in this forum next to your Feedback. You can delete your name and provide your Feedback as an anonymous user at any time.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

259 results found

1. Allow users to flag Other Side when indicating Police, Hazard and Traffic Jam, just the way we can do for Accident indications

When you indicate an accident, you have an option to indicate the position on the other side or the road (on a two-way road). It would be nice if you could do the same for traffic jam, police and hazard reports. Don't you agree?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your suggestion!
    This suggestion will not be implemented for the time being. Adding more and more options to reporting, especially for less popular types of reports such as other side which will also require another window/card, is not something we are aiming for at the moment. Please be aware that other side reporting is already available by voice using the Google Assistant! We believe investing in voice can create essentially a better and more scalable experience and we hope to bring it to more languages soon.
    Stay tuned for more features and updates on Waze’s social pages on Facebook and Instagram.

2. support "car camera" mode

today, a lot of drivers buy a car camera. we can save it by adding this feature to waze.
    the phone is already mounted aiming at the front of the car, and we can also recor sounds inside the car.

save last 3\5 minutes. ON\OFF from settings, screen button to "save video".
    permenantly delete older files not to use a lot of disk space and dont use the best camera option (3 min. of 4K is a lot!). option to save to internal memory\SD card if available. option to "share" the file to gmail, google drive etc.

63 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Show street signs!

Let the user community add street signs and traffic lights. As a driver it would be helpful to know if a street I'm driving on has a stop sign coming up or a traffic light so I can get advanced notice of the upcoming intersection. Also it would be helpful to be able to add signs for school zones or yield signs.

I think this would be a major benifit to have this information on the map.

35 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. waze is PERFECT for the apple watch. Is there a watch compatible version in the works?

Waze is PERFECT for the apple watch. Is there a watch compatible version in the works? Watch would haptic for police, traffic, etc, simple screen that says There or NOT THERE.

53 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your suggestion! We are currently not planning on adding Apple Watch support.
    Stay tuned for more features and updates on Waze’s blog and social pages on Facebook and Instagram.

5. Waze for ubuntu touch

What about porting was for ubuntu touch ?
    It's a new OS but was can help to improve application option ...

38 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Addind a "Facing the opposite direction" button

When I get to the car, many times Waze suggest a route in the oposite direction of how the car is parked. This causes a major time loss as the app needs time to realize I'm headind the opposite way, recalculate and offer a new route. Therefore a banner "facing the opposite lane?" is necessary and would upgrade the app signifully.
    Sorry for my English.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for this suggestion.
    Setting the Car’s direction when starting the app and navigation is a known matter which will be addressed in the future.
    There are many complexities in location tracking which cause this issue and hold us from providing a solution.
    It’s currently on the back burner, but definitely a part of the backlog.

7. WAZE הפעלה אוטומטית של

WAZE נמצא בשימוש יום יומי, ולאוו דווקא בשביל להגיע מנקודה לנקודה, כמו למשל לאיתור מצלמות תנועה נייחות/ניידות, לא תמיד אנו זוכרים להדליקו. ייתכן וניתן להוסיף אופציה, שהאפליקציה תידלק באופן אוטומטי כאשר ה GPS מרגיש מהירות גדולה למשל מ XX קמ"ש. כמובן שהמשתמש יכול לבקש אופציה זו או לא.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Windows Phone, need lane closure markings for construction, and need offramp closed markings

Windows Phone Waze App: needs the ability to mark lane closures and slowdowns for construction, and needs the ability to mark offramp closures and have Waze not send people to go to that offramp. I lost 10mins on my (50 mins) commute today becuase of road construction on main street Waze sent me down.....I would have done better without using Waze....and I may not....

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Turn off "thank you" notifications!!

I don't like my screen being cluttered with dozens of notifications, and my notification center being filled etc with dozens on unnecessary thank yous!! It makes me want to stop using the app! Please include the ability to TURN THIS OFF!!
    Thanks!

503 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Seria muito interessante que os alarmes de radar indicassem a velocidade máxima permitida no trecho

É muito bom o alarme do Waze sobre radares de velocidade, porém a ausência da informação da velocidade máxima permitida no trecho é um fator muito importante que deveria ser exibido junto com o alarme

39 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I am a daily user of the waze app. It is great!! I am interested to know when you will have it work on the Apple Watch.

I have used the Maps app on the iPhone recently that coordinated with my Apple Watch and it was a nice combination. My watch would vibrate when the next turn was going to happen and also show on my watch for a quick glance.

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your suggestion! We are currently not planning on adding Apple Watch support.
    Stay tuned for more features and updates on Waze’s blog and social pages on Facebook and Instagram.

12. Build a desktop route planning site where users can plan out a long road trip with different points along the way.

Users could then download the route to Waze and use the standard app to follow the preferred route.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Create a feature called "Waze meetings"

Suppose 2 friends want to meet.
    The feature shall suggest optimal meeting places located in an area that will allow both arrive at the same time, located in the middle of their way, according to the purpose of the meeting - Bar B.Q., dinner, bowling, Cinema, etc.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. 19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your suggestion! We are currently not planning on adding support for Watches or other wearable devices.

15. Dim the Screen to Stop Screen Burn In

Waze is great but it loves to burn images of the buttons into my phone screen. A dimming option when not in use would save battery and stop this burning problem.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The Report button was designed to be noticed while blending in and it’s important to keep it as is.
    However, we will revisit this idea when working on Dark mode, in the future. Furthermore, since this is a physical issue that OLED phones suffer from in different apps, we recommend to use Battery Saver mode to allow your display some rest from bright colors that might lead to this dysfunction.
    Stay tuned for more features and updates on Waze’s social pages on Facebook and Instagram.

16. Add the ability to create 'Here' as a favourite

Not all destinations have a clear address or you want to be able to use a specific entrance. It would be great if when adding a favourite Waze would let you select the place you are right now. Most GPS allow this feature.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. 10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

As you probably know, some of the voices we feature are promotional, meaning they are only available for a limited time.
    We offer special voices for holidays, events, and just for fun.
    You can use these for the length of the promotion. When the promotion ends, your voice will reset to the default and the voice will no longer appear in the Sound menu.

We hope that you enjoyed the voice while it was available and can’t wait to share more exciting voices to come!

Want to try another voice?

Tap Menu and tap the Settings wheel.
    Tap Voice & sound.
    Tap Voice Language and select the voice you’d like to use.

18. option to report a train crossing.

Train crossing/stopped etc....

92 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. ALWAYS starts me going the wrong way...

I have never once started Waze and had it tell me that I'm going in the direction my car is facing. There is no way to turn my car around when this happens (on the map) and sometimes because I can't do that, it makes it dangerous because I'm messing around with trying to figure out where to go. THIS is the single most annoying thing about Waze.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for this suggestion.
    Setting the Car’s direction when starting the app and navigation is a known matter which will be addressed in the future.
    There are many complexities in location tracking which cause this issue and hold us from providing a solution.
    It’s currently on the back burner, but definitely a part of the backlog.

20. Hazard Locations

Hazards are currently listed as "on my side" or "the other side". Many hazards are in the median - I'd like to see that as an option.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This suggestion will not be implemented for the time being. Adding more and more options to reporting, especially for less popular types of reports such as other side which will also require another window/card, is not something we are aiming for at the moment. Please be aware that other side reporting is already available by voice using the Google Assistant! We believe investing in voice can create essentially a better and more scalable experience and we hope to bring it to more languages soon.

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base