Skip to content

Waze Suggestion Box

Welcome and thank you for your interest in improving Waze!
As you share your ideas, here are a few friendly reminders:
  • There’s power in numbers! Search through existing suggestions to see if there's someone else with a similar idea and upvote it.
  • You can build upon an idea -- simply comment below your fellow Wazer's submission.
  • This forum is intended for user feedback and ideas. If you have an issue which needs support, please visit our help center.
Terms and conditions
  • Any comments, feedback, ideas, reports, suggestions, or other information you provide to Waze (part of Google LLC) about Waze products and services (collectively “Feedback”) is not part of your personal data.
  • You agree not to disclose, in your Feedback, to Waze any information, such as third-party information, that you are obligated to maintain as confidential.
  • Waze has no obligation to use your Feedback.
  • By submitting your Feedback in this page, you acknowledge that you are of the minimum age required to provide data processing consent in the applicable country where you are located and that you provide permission to Waze, and its affiliates, to use your Feedback and any information that personally identifies you to improve Waze’s current and future products and services in accordance with Waze's Privacy Policy (waze.com/legal/privacy).
  • Please avoid providing any personal information in your Feedback.
  • Providing a name, when submitting Feedback, is optional. If you choose to provide your name, it will be publicly displayed in this forum next to your Feedback. You can delete your name and provide your Feedback as an anonymous user at any time.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1027 results found

1. Set destination and arrival time and alert me when it's time to leave

Based on current conditions, alert me 5-15 minutes before I need to leave so that I can arrive at a set time.

326 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. audio alerts for everything

It would be nice to have audio alerts for all activity in waze. If there is a traffic jam ahead alert me vocally, same for car on shoulder etc.

I say this because I ride a motorcycle and am not able to view my screen (also it would take my attention from the bike). I would like to be audibly alerted of everything such as speed cams, cops, blah blah :)

205 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Receiving events only for route

Add option to configure receiving event reports only for events on my route, rather than according to "radius"

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. SOS

Add a new icon: "SOS", with optional text such as "Need help replacing flat tire", "Need some water for the radiator", "Need a ride to the gas station", "Cables anyone?", or "HELP"...

I there are many nice people who will be happy to help.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Add common objects to Hazard:Road

To reduce the possibility of the user becoming a potential road hazard, update the Report:Hazard:Road option with a submenu so that we don't have to type out what's in the middle of the road. There is already an option to report cars stopped on the shoulder, but none to report cars stopped in lane, or tire treads, or deceased animals.

It doesn't need to be fancy, just something so that we don't need to type, unless it's something really unusual.

33 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Put a report button on the main screen of the Android UI

The iPhone UI has a report button on the main screen... why make Android users go through the extra step of hitting Menu before going to the reporting screen? I would love to see a "report" button somewhere on the screen so it's one press, no fumbling around for the menu button.

An idea would be to place the reporting button to the right of the user icon at the top of the title bar. There's quite a bit of unused space between that icon and the GPS/internet status icon.

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Add "Show Friend Wazers Only" Option

Perhaps you can consider adding the ability in settings to not just show/hide all Wazers but add a third option to "show friend wazers only", too. Be great to have this so when caravanning you're still able to see your friends without seeing all wazers which can sometimes clutter the map. Thanks.

68 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Great news! The feature of showing Wazer friend only is now available in Waze. Install the latest app version to check it out.

8. Home and Work favorite should have "use current location" to add, not just search for address

This favorite is great. But it should have a "Use current Location" button to add your Work and Home. Searching for an address it will not show exactly where the house is, in this case in Ecuador, if it's a new home or not on the database.

354 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. add a forward button / undo "back".

Hitting the back button returns me to the center view WITHOUT ANY WAY TO GET BACK TO WHERE I WAS VIEWING. You should have a history or a way to undo the back button, maybe back and forward.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Music player

Bring back the music player button on the Waze app

50 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your suggestion! As you may already know, Waze is now integrated with several audio apps including Spotify, Deezer, TuneIn, iHeart Radio, Pandora and more. Just go to Settings > Audio Player and pick your favorite app.

11. automatically pause playing music before giving audible directions

Automatic Media Pause before audible directions

163 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your suggestion! As you may already know, the volume for your car’s audio is automatically lowered when directions are sounded.
    Stay tuned for more features and updates on Waze’s social pages on Facebook and Instagram

12. Sound Alert for Nearby Reports

Say someone made a report using Waze. But you don't look at the phone constantly. It would be nice to hear a sound alert through the phone, letting you know that there is a Report (be it an accident, police, etc...) upcoming or nearby.

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. send arrival time

Send an email / sms to selected recipient(s) to tell them when you will be arriving.

Whenever I leave work, I want to tell my wife when I will arrive and this could be done automatically by waze.

Or, show this info on WAZE website when I'm logged in

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. This is my destination

Option to pick the spot you are now and save it as "Work", "home" or a Favorite. I work in a BIG building - the street address is more than a quarter mile (and on another road) from where I park. I'd love to be able to park, then have that spot be "work". As it is now, I never actually reach any of my regular destinations because of this, which causes false "jams" if I forget to turn Waze off when I get there.

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Now available  ·  2 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Mute navigation during phone call.

When making or taking phone calls using bluetooth, waze navigation prompts often interrupt me. The person on the other end of the line can't hear the prompt, but it means either I miss what they're saying, or my train of thought is interrupted mid-sentence.

It would be useful for the client to auto-mute during a phone call.

2,369 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for this suggestion. As you may already know, Waze supports the option to mute during calls. To set that, go to Settings > Voice & sound and toggle Mute during calls.

16. Search icon instead of voice

Modern versions of Android have a voice input option on the virtual keyboard itself. Basic UI guidelines should dictate the icon where the voice-entry button is at the end of text input fields should do the action (search) not bring up voice input.

Move the voice icon lower and bigger for users who are driving, and make the button beside the input window the search button (as 'enter' currently does on the keyboard).

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. More features on-screen when tapped

One of the features I love about my "real" GPS is that I can just tap the screen to begin navigation. Make navigate, report, and other icons all available immediately when I tap on the screen, instead of just the zoom icons.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Settings for types of alerts to allow

There are many types of alerts the Waze client can display as a layer on the map and/or pop up on your screen, sometimes both visual and audible. We would like to see an new Settings area added for the types of alerts we want to see and/or ignore and never have a notification appear or be heard.

The notifications should include at least, but not necessarily limited to:
    Speed cams
    Red light cams
    Police (speed trap)
    Road Hazards
    Road segment speed condition
    Traffic Jams
    Chit Chat
    Accident

233 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Great news! For each type of report/alert you’re able to specify whether you’d like it do be displayed on the route. Accessed via Settings – Alerts&Reports – Reports. What’s more, you can choose area (e.g. 5 km around you) for which reports will be displayed on the map.

19. Better ETA calculations.

For some reason the ETA predictions by WAZE are way off. One example was at the start of my trip it predicted I would arrive around 10:30pm (this was at 8:30am). This figure remained constant until I was 2/3rds of the way there, when it got a little more accurate, but still 4 hours off. I actually arrived at 2:30pm.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Pandora Radio

Is it possible to integrate Pandora Radio into the music choices instead or ONLY iTunes?

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your suggestion! As you may already know, Waze is now integrated with several audio apps including Spotify, Deezer, TuneIn, iHeart Radio, Pandora and more. Just go to Settings > Audio Player and pick your favorite app.

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base