Add pause option for stops
Add pause option to client, that could be activated when stopping by at a gas station or other places, so that heavy traffic is not indicated. It could unpause automatically when the car start moving
Thanks for your feedback. At this time, this doesn't fit on our roadmap, but we'll keep it in mind for future product planning.
-
steve
commented
I'd be in favour of a Settings option to select on of the following:
- Automatically report traffic
- Ask whether to report traffic (default Yes after 20 secs)
- Ask whether to report traffic (default No after 20 secs)
- Never automatically report traffic
I would then like a loud "bing" if either of the pop-up options are selected.But I'm also in favour of an option on the front screen to suspend automatic reporting easily for a short stop - eg at a fuel station.
-
No Name
commented
You need a Pause button. When I go into a store or get gas, Waze shows slow traffic
-
David Wolder commented
I would like the automated approach. I feel that Waze should be able to determine if I am on the road or not. If I am NOT on the road, it should at least not submit a traffic report. I realize that parking on the road would still be an issue where a 'pause' button would be required, but most other cases, an automated pause would be nice (or suppression of traffic reports).
-
fvwazing
commented
I am very curious how this "pause" works when Waze runs in the background ;^)
My opinion: have Waze distinguish between "pause" and traffic by looking at the movements of the last 2 minutes.... if a car does not move at all, it has stopped for a pause; if it still moves 20-100m per minute, it is in traffic.
-
kanngard
commented
I agree. I often want to check something in Waze when stopping for fuel or other, so a "pause" mode would be great.
-
Discus
commented
This could be extended to a more generalised "mode" approach - Driving, Walking, Cycling, Stopped/Parked etc. I noticed that heavy traffic problem too and was going to add something about a "Pedestrian mode".