Use this forum to vote on and add ideas to improve Waze.

"Location services" for waze to be on "while using" instead of "always"

In your next update pls could you change "location services" for waze to be on "while using" instead of "always" as it is draining the battery. Apple suggested this will be one big saving on battery life.

4,154 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

265 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • ploplopploplop commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For all retards complaining about that, u just have to switch off in setting of waze (general), and when u will kill app in background it will kill also your gps system.

Thanks me later

• MartinMartin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please oh please. We beg you. It's common sense! Change location to only while using! It drives us all mad that we don't have the choice. It's a brilliant app ruined by this. Change it and it's pretty much perfect as can be. We will all thank you.

• TobolTobol commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

To everyone commenting there:
        In the iOS 11 you will be able to select the "while using" option for every app. Developers won't be able to control this. Apple fixed it for us! :-)

Also when any app will be using GPS in background you will get the blue bar no matter what is the location permission setting.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I turn this on and off because it burns the battery so bad.
        Please fix this before some other app comes along

• GlayneGlayne commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I will be uninstalling too. 5 users in company and we will all delete it.

I have been a Waze user for several years; I have now uninstalled from 3 devices because of the always on GPS / battery drain problem in IOS. I will not reinstall until this has been changed.

• Dalaman TunkuDalaman Tunku commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Totally daft. Don't they realise that people won't use until they add this option. Nothing to do with privacy, everything to do with draining the battery

Used briefly until I discovered that it doesn't have option of using location services only when using app. Station it is unfortunate that many people have felt the same way and have been voicing it for several years and they are not listening.

Uninstalled Waze on all 3 iphones...Until they change this to 'only when using'...

• John DoeJohn Doe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i will uninstall this app because of that forceful option.
        ...what i suspect is tracking us all the time for their own agenda...

← Previous 1 3 4 5 13 14

Feedback and Knowledge Base