Use this forum to vote on and add ideas to improve Waze.

"Location services" for waze to be on "while using" instead of "always"

In your next update pls could you change "location services" for waze to be on "while using" instead of "always" as it is draining the battery. Apple suggested this will be one big saving on battery life.

3,768 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

251 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Used briefly until I discovered that it doesn't have option of using location services only when using app. Station it is unfortunate that many people have felt the same way and have been voicing it for several years and they are not listening.

• John DoeJohn Doe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i will uninstall this app because of that forceful option.
        ...what i suspect is tracking us all the time for their own agenda...

I don't care to have my battery drained by the app when I'm not using it.
        Please re list the allow while using feature

• JohnKJohnK commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi all,

I too was worried about data usage and battery drain but there is a simple solution that I use every time...I just click and put it to sleep when not using, problem solved until they can develop the option to switch off when not using.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm very close to deleting this app because it's causing me to go over my data. It hasn't always been this way - why the change???

• IvanIvan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm uninstalling this app because this isn't implemented. There's no need for location to be always on.

Battery drain - please add the only when using feature. I turn on location services while traveling and then switch it off. You aren't gaining anything by forcing us to select always or never. I'm sure some people just choose to use one of the other applications available. Upsetting users and making it inconvenient won't help spread the use of your App.

I'm less concerned about the privacy issue since many apps track you while using - it's the battery drain!!!!

• CharlesCharles commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with that ! One fact is the privacy but the way why I want this change fast is to save my battery !

← Previous 1 3 4 5 12 13

Feedback and Knowledge Base