Use this forum to vote on and add ideas to improve Waze.

"Location services" for waze to be on "while using" instead of "always"

In your next update pls could you change "location services" for waze to be on "while using" instead of "always" as it is draining the battery. Apple suggested this will be one big saving on battery life.

3,386 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

226 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So annoying to have to go in and out of settings to turn lacation on and off for every trip.

• GlennGlenn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Absolutely a deal breaker. Loved Waze. Need to stop using it because I need to choose between a dead battery or having to go into settings every time I use app. Please add "while using app" to location services.

• Location Off PleaseLocation Off Please commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed. I just joined waze and like it, but I'm deleting it and going back to GoogleMaps because I don't like my location being on ALL the time.

• MaximeMaxime commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Next as other. Please let us allow using gps location service only while using this app. In the mid time I deleted the app and start boycott it

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have stopped using your app until this gets fixed. Absolutely atrocious product planning to remove the option to only use GPS while tapp is open. Give your users the option! not force us down your broken road.

• lightfootguylightfootguy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I used Waze since its early years, and after finding out about this constant location-tracking, I started disabling Location Services unless I was using Waze. I figured they would fix it eventually. They did not - after all, Google/Waze is providing valuable spy services to the NSA and the CIA; why would they ever change this "feature?" Today I uninstalled Waze for good.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yea, I've noticed his too. It's a pain. I don't want hisbusing GPS while I'm indoors sitting at my desk.

• JoshJosh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm now not using Waze because of the fact I cannot only use location services while using the app. It makes no sense to be tracking while not using the app.

• JSJS commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This new update is draining my battery and don't like the location as being always or never. Bring back whilst using. Have to manually turn location to never just to save battery making the app useless

• GSGS commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please put it for ONLY ON WHILE IN USE.

Everyone knows that even a bad high school student

• AdamAdam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

PLEASE CHANGE BACK TO ONLY ON WHILE USING!!! Otherwise it guzzles up battery and makes me less inclined to using waze!

• KayneKayne commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please remove the nag screen too while at this as thats rather annoying and doesnt actually matter. Ignoring the high accuracy just seems to disable the cellular/wifi network tracking aspect anyways. GPS only works fine is plenty accurate and can calculate speed based upon reception from GPS satellites.

• John TaylorJohn Taylor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For Android, at least, consider adding an optional setting so when we open the Waze app, it will automatically set the GPS location to High accuracy? And conversely, when we turn Waze off it will automatically set the GPS Location back to Battery saving (or a pop-up would confirm Battery saving or No, Stay in High accuracy).

I like the Waze app even better than my nice G_rm_n GPS unit! Keep up the great work. Thank you.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 11 12

Feedback and Knowledge Base