Waze Suggestion Box
- There’s power in numbers! Search through existing suggestions to see if there's someone else with a similar idea and upvote it.
- You can build upon an idea -- simply comment below your fellow Wazer's submission.
- This forum is intended for user feedback and ideas. If you have an issue which needs support, please visit our help center.
- Any comments, feedback, ideas, reports, suggestions, or other information you provide to Waze (part of Google LLC) about Waze products and services (collectively “Feedback”) is not part of your personal data.
- You agree not to disclose, in your Feedback, to Waze any information, such as third-party information, that you are obligated to maintain as confidential.
- Waze has no obligation to use your Feedback.
- By submitting your Feedback in this page, you acknowledge that you are of the minimum age required to provide data processing consent in the applicable country where you are located and that you provide permission to Waze, and its affiliates, to use your Feedback and any information that personally identifies you to improve Waze’s current and future products and services in accordance with Waze's Privacy Policy (waze.com/legal/privacy).
- Please avoid providing any personal information in your Feedback.
- Providing a name, when submitting Feedback, is optional. If you choose to provide your name, it will be publicly displayed in this forum next to your Feedback. You can delete your name and provide your Feedback as an anonymous user at any time.
- or
No existing idea results
- ~ No ideas found ~
20660 results found
-
parking lot landmarks / traffic analysis
I would like to see certain landmarks not count as traffic analysis. If an area is marked as a restaurant, parking lot, gas station, etc.. the time a waze client spends there should NOT count against traffic analysis. Wazers can't be expecte to turn their nav system on and off just to order a burger, or fill up the tank. In reality, a nav system should be as "hands off" as possible for the daily commute. start waze when you get in the car.. go on your trip, pull over at the gas station and leave waze running. go through the drive through and order lunch.. etc. then when you reach your destination, turn waze off.
I would like to see certain landmarks not count as traffic analysis. If an area is marked as a restaurant, parking lot, gas station, etc.. the time a waze client spends there should NOT count against traffic analysis. Wazers can't be expecte to turn their nav system on and off just to order a burger, or fill up the tank. In reality, a nav system should be as "hands off" as possible for the daily commute. start waze when you get in the car.. go on your trip, pull over at the gas station and leave waze running. go through…
10 votes -
Highway exits!
Can you make it so exits on highways give you the name of the road and not exit number?
10 votes -
Use acceleration sensors to improve navigation
I think it will be good idea to use acceleration sensors to improve navigation when GPS signal is weak. For example in tunnels. Also it may help in situation when GPS accuracy is insufficient. For example to better determination of position in roundabout.
10 votes -
Not there outside routing
We need an option to report "Not There" on incidents, even if it's not on the planned route. Now it's only possible when a popup comes up for the planned route. The "Not There" option should be present on any popup when clicking on an incident icon, even if it's on the other lane or outside the planned route, but within viewing distance.
10 votes -
Event alerts-"On Route" as a default
I am tired of seeing like 22 event alerts (cops, traffic, etc.) while driving my inputed route. when I hit the red exclamation mark it takes me to them and then I can select "On Route" to find out which one's only apply to the way I'm going...why not make the "On Route" button the default instead of "Around Me"???
10 votes -
Automatically start/stop reporting on bluetooth connect/disconnect
Please consider a settings option to report traffic only if exact bluetooth device (my car HF) is connected. This could be very useful feature to avoid false traffic reports.
Settings:
- Turn feature ON / OFF
- Choose BT deviceBehaviour:
- When exact bluetooth device is connected, wait until some ratelimit speed is reached (i.e. 30 kmh) and start reporting.
- When bluetooth device is disconnected, automatically stop traffic reporting.10 votes -
Feature of non-static Speedcams without approval from AM
There are two things that can be reported - Police and Speedcams. Police shows up immediately, but speedcams (according to the footnote) must be approved and a user will be warned about that only if driving with excessive speed. However there are non-static speedcams too. Most users are repoting them as a police trap, but this is actually a speedcam, and it is changing its location over time. Notifying user when driving with excessive speed is ok, but I think that notifyication about non-static speedcams should be in any case, for example if there is an error in a map and waze does not know correctly about the allowed speed on a particular road.
There are two things that can be reported - Police and Speedcams. Police shows up immediately, but speedcams (according to the footnote) must be approved and a user will be warned about that only if driving with excessive speed. However there are non-static speedcams too. Most users are repoting them as a police trap, but this is actually a speedcam, and it is changing its location over time. Notifying user when driving with excessive speed is ok, but I think that notifyication about non-static speedcams should be in any case, for example if there is an error in a map…
10 votes -
You should not have changed Lake Ontario to Lake America! Bad call!
Change Lake America back to Lake Ontario!
9 votes -
Animal Crossing Hazard
I tend to be on the road often and absolutely love using Waze whenever I need a GPS. As someone on the road often, I tend to notice there are many times that there are sudden animal crossings or a lost pet on the side of the road. This does tend to be on highways where many people are going very fast and are not as careful with their driving.
I recently thought of the idea- I think Waze should include a button, under the hazard category where we could press some form of “careful animal crossing” button to warn other drivers there may be a sudden animal crossing or pet walking the side of road. This would alert other drivers, allowing them to drive with more caution to protect themselves as well as the animal.
I wanted to share this idea and see if it could be implemented in the app. I hope this could work.
I tend to be on the road often and absolutely love using Waze whenever I need a GPS. As someone on the road often, I tend to notice there are many times that there are sudden animal crossings or a lost pet on the side of the road. This does tend to be on highways where many people are going very fast and are not as careful with their driving.
I recently thought of the idea- I think Waze should include a button, under the hazard category where we could press some form of “careful animal crossing” button to warn…
9 votes -
Add support for Qobuz music player
Add support for Qobuz music player
https://apps.apple.com/us/app/qobuz-music-editorial/id9464293409 votes -
Add notifications when entering (and leaving) an average speed zone and show average speed
Add notifications when entering/leaving average speed zones and show average speed (The places where the average speed is detected is on BGToll's website)
9 votes -
Please add traffic lights in mobile app
could you please add traffic lights in Waze app for iPhone
9 votes -
Add vehicle’s height
Hi
I think that adding a feature to your waze account where you can choose your car height would help you by driving in adjusted roads and driving eventually in a more accurated path9 votes -
Train Blocking Roads
Waze users need to be able to report if a train is blocking a road. I am a school principal and students are late to school because parents have no way of seeing if a road is blocked by a train until they pull up to it.
9 votes -
Starting point
why can't I just press 'your location' after choosing a destination and change where the starting point is, I know if I press leave later I can change the starting point but why not from that point as well?
9 votes -
didn't show the map on my phone while I connected to Android auto (i deselect the Waze show in android auto). Please help to fix it.
didn't show the map on my phone while I connected to Android auto (i deselect the Waze show in android auto). Please help to fix it.
9 votes -
50cc 45km/h Scooter navigation
I’d love to have a scooter navigation, that knows what the traffic situation looks like and that gives you the exact route. I live in the Netherlands and 45km/h scooters often need to switch between de cycling lane and the car lane, so it would be nice if the navigation would give you the exact route including when you need to switch from one lane to the other. First try this for the Netherlands as we drive a load of scooters and cycle a lot, and because of this, our traffic signs are good to follow which makes it easier to follow the rules and also easier to make this a real in app feature
I’d love to have a scooter navigation, that knows what the traffic situation looks like and that gives you the exact route. I live in the Netherlands and 45km/h scooters often need to switch between de cycling lane and the car lane, so it would be nice if the navigation would give you the exact route including when you need to switch from one lane to the other. First try this for the Netherlands as we drive a load of scooters and cycle a lot, and because of this, our traffic signs are good to follow which makes it easier…
9 votes -
Voice warnings about several hazards on the road
Waze has been warning about the next turn during a trip for a long time and this is great. However, there are not only maneuvers on the roads but also different hazards. For example: there is a speed control camera ahead, and an accident happened 50 meters before it. Waze will only warn about one event. This is bad. I suggest voicing such events in order, like turns "Accident ahead, then camera." and other events similarly.
9 votes -
Separate lane sign for public transport
Waze is far long ago navigates with public transport lanes, but still there is no public transport sign in lane editor on the junctions, so it is impossible to place the lane signs on junctions like in the pic. below correctly
I suggest to add additional PT lane sign like this, that will solve the navigation problem and will correctly show the location of PT sign
9 votes -
Gulf of America doesn't exist. Change it back to Gulf of Mexico
The rest of the world calls it the Gulf of Mexico. It's been the Gulf of Mexico long before the USA came into existence.
9 votes
- Don't see your idea?