5 results found
Please note we're changing the status of this suggestion to Not right now, since we finalized our plans for 2023 and this idea won't be implemented this year. We hope to have it included in our plans for later years and will keep you posted.
An error occurred while saving the comment
915 votesVitor Goiabeira supported this idea ·
An error occurred while saving the commentVitor Goiabeira commented
I would like to share with you an idea that tended to try to increase the involvement of Waze users with the application. Start an NFT that will be linked to the points obtained in the application.
First, we have to understand what an NFT (non-fungible token) is: A non-fungible token is a special type of cryptographic token that represents something unique. Unlike cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin and several other utility tokens, NFTs are not mutually interchangeable. A fungible item, such as cash, can be exchanged for another.
So it would be to create a currency, which would be linked to the points obtained in the application that could be negotiated between its holders and between Waze. When interacting with the created login application the user would earn points that would be automatically converted into WazeCoins, for example, 1000 points would be 100 WazeCoins, but this can be defined after a study of ease or difficulty in obtaining the points.
Here are some usage examples:
- In the online store you could buy stickers for 100 WazeCoins, shirts for 500 WazeCoins and other items produced by Waze, such as caps, mugs, etc.
- Create different moods that could only be obtained by exchanging for WazeCoins, and in that regard moods with different degrees of rarity could be launched: very rare (1-100) that would be worth many WazeCoins, rare moods (101-1000), medium moods (1,000 -100,000), common moods (100,000 - 1,000,000).
- WazeCoins could also be used as payment on the Waze marketing platform.
- People who do not have enough points or do not use the app to “mine” points (WazeCoins), could buy from users who have it or even from Waze directly.
The value of WazeCoin would be determined initially by the initial quantity launched and the demand for it, and Waze could have control over that value, launching more currencies in the market. It could align the value of the coin to the value of the products in the store.
Therefore, Waze could profit a lot from the currency appreciation or not, so it is in Waze's interest in how to manage WazeCoins.
- The NBA recently launched a platform to sell basketball moves over the network, some of them exclusive, worth thousands of dollars.
- A game recently launched its own coin to ALICE, the game's website is https://www.myneighboralice.com/
- Gods Unchained is a great example of the success of NFTs, as it has a collection of collectible cards that are used in blockchain matches
The NFT market has been on the rise lately and in my opinion very well meets the intent of gamification (game) of the Waze application, which could be extended to the Carpool, assigning scores when giving and receiving rides.
2,270 votesOn the roadmap · AdminElla (Waze Team) (Admin, Waze) responded
We plan to work on simulating navigation while driving in a tunnel in the near future. In the meantime, make sure you’ve got the latest version of Waze for all the latest features.
This is great, i really need this.