Waze Suggestion Box

Welcome! Thanks for your interest in improving Waze.

There’s power in numbers! Search through existing suggestions before adding new ones.

• If you agree with a suggestion, vote to show your support and use the comment section to add to the idea.
  • When beginning a new suggestion, be sure to select a category so it can be sent to the right team.

This forum is intended for user feedback and ideas. If you have an issue which needs support, visit our help center.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. North up should be persistent between sessions

I want to be able to use North up as default map orientation. This can be set manually in the client, but has to be specified every time the program is started. It would be nice if this setting could be persistent, or could be set in settings.

349 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    43 comments  ·  Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Google Play Music Media Controls

Add a mostly-transparent overlay option with controls of simply "Previous, Play/Pause, Next" - quite chunky without being intrusive, that works with a media player of your choice, not just Spotify. Thanks!

350 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    31 comments  ·  Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your suggestion! As you may already know, Waze is now integrated with several audio apps including Spotify, Deezer, TuneIn, iHeart Radio, Pandora and more. Just go to Settings > Audio Player and pick your favorite app.

3. Automatically switch off 'Record new road' feature

As an area manager, it is a headache to keep deleting small segments of road alongside existing roads, caused by GPS inaccuracies where a user has left the 'record new road' feature switched on. I think it would be a good idea to have the client automatically switch off the feature if the user has been travelling on an existing road for a set period of time, for example, 2 minutes.

347 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    16 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your suggestion! As you may already know, this option is now available.
    Stay tuned for more feature updates on Waze’s social pages on Facebook and Instagram

4. Make car icon customizable

Make the little car icon on the screen while I'm navigating customizable. I'd like to be able to make it look like my car...starting with my car's color. You could have a small number of car types (truck, van, sedan, sports car), or a more elaborate library of make/model/year (I vote for 2010 Chevy Camaro!)

336 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    17 comments  ·  iPhone  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Time Based Restrictions, can we make this happen guys?

"No left turn between 7am and 10 am."
    "Do not enter between 3pm and 6pm."

There are thousands of these signs in hundreds of cities all over the US. Can't we allow for local map editors to save time based restrictions into the map?

316 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Now available  ·  13 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Carplay support

Adding carplay support to waze would be amazing! I use the app everyday and having it integrated with carplay would be a deal breaker for me to buy it! Thanks!

309 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Prevent Waze audio if a call is active

With the Text to Speech navigation active and a call comes in, the application will continue to speak over the caller on the speakerphone. Other audio applications like the audio MP3 player, will mute the music during the call and then resume after the call. Waze client should do the same.

306 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Now available  ·  9 comments  ·  iPhone  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Warning: Vehicle stopped on shoulder ahead

Disable warnings for vehicles on shoulder. In high density areas there is always a vehicle on the shoulder. To the point that it will stop my internet radio every 5 minutes for another warning. This is especially annoying when the vehicle is 30 feet off the road and NOT a hazard. Yes, you can click "not there", but that in itself is a hazard every 5 minutes to click it off. It's a nuisance, a danger, and just not useful for many.

296 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    14 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Alerta de farois ligados em rodovias

Com a nova lei no Brasil que obriga o farol baixo nas estradas ainda que de dia, o waze poderia emitir um alerta para confirmar que os faróis estão acesos sempre que acessar uma rodovia.
    Noticia da lei: http://g1.globo.com/carros/noticia/2016/05/lei-torna-farol-baixo-obrigatorio-em-estradas-durante-o-dia.html

288 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Now available  ·  12 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Allow longer routes

Waze should really start to allow longer routes, if the money is a problem then there should be a additional subscription possible so people that want to go on longer commutes can do so. This just sucks, If you live in The Netherlands it's not even possible to navigate to the middle of France. So any work stuff there and also vacantions are impossible to navigate.

MAKE IT POSSIBLE! I'm sure I and alot of other people are willing to pay at the moments they need to do longer routes. Let's say 5/10 dollars for a month subscription to do…

270 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. VW (and other carmakers...) App Connect

As many carmakers are working on solutions to connect smartphones to vehicles it would be a good idea to make Waze compatible with those systems. Personally I intend to buy a new Skoda (Volkswagen Group) and I had to learn Waze is not among the apps which can be mirrored to the new touchscreens in the 2015 models.

On their pages Volkswagen puts it like that: "Smartphones are handy, always with you and for every situation there is a suitable app. With MirrorLink™ you no longer have to be behind the wheel without this practical tool. Simply connect your smartphone…

263 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your suggestion! Waze works with both CarPlay and AndroidAuto, which should be available in most car models. Stay tuned for more feature updates on Waze’s blog and social pages on Facebook and Instagram.

12. iOS Location Services "while using the app"

PLEASE change location services from "always" to "only while using the app"...this is the only thing that keeps me from using Waze when I drive. No I use it just to check traffic and toggle the location on and off as needed which is really annoying. There is no need for the app to know my location while I'm not using the app. Additionally, it drains the battery. PLEASE, add this option. It cannot be that hard.

260 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Now available  ·  5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. waze should be on apple carplay.

now that i have carplay on my car i have to use apple maps because waze dont connet to carplay. yes i know it's google app but it worth the try. otherwise you losing customers because me and my friends already moved to apple maps just because waze is not on carplay.

258 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  iPhone  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Please keep the Cookie Monster

Cookie Monster is literally the best voice you have featured. Please keep him.

267 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    13 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Great news! Cookie Monster is back and he’s here to stay.

This voice is only available in the US, due to the voice rights. To see which voices are available in your location, follow these steps:
    1. Tap the magnifying glass at the bottom left
    2. Tap the cog at the top left
    3. Tap Voice & sound
    4. Under Voice directions, tap to select a voice

Happy cruising!

15. Persian or Farsi Languge

Recently I found so many Iranian people with Persian Lang get use to this app so if you add Persian or Farsi Language future in to this program it will brewing us so many new users with to many new ideas.

I will be honored to help if needed as Persian language user.

249 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    15 comments  ·  iPhone  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Allow users to update toll roads prices (general)

Allow users to update toll roads prices.

248 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    13 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your suggestion! As you may know, Waze calculates and displays toll prices in many parts of the world. To know when this becomes available in your country, stay tuned on Waze’s social pages on Facebook and Instagram

17. Autozoom depending from speed

I like to have an autozoom depending from my travel speed that shows me a big area when driving fast and a detailed area when driving slow e.g. in the city.

233 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Add sound notification when approaching speed cameras

Add a beep sound notification when approaching a speed camera and an intermittent beeps when near or over speed limit

231 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Now available  ·  6 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. A button for HOV or non-HOV

There should be a button to tell Waze whether the car is in the HOV lane. 1), it would help Waze better determine traffic speed since it wouldn't average Wazer's in the HOV lanes with the speeds of those driving slower. 2), the Map would/could show the average speed of HOV or non HOV speeds. A Wazer in the HOV lane could really impact the accurate speed average shown (and vice versa).

222 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  iPhone  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your suggestion! As you may know, Waze offers HOV routing for taxis. To change your vehicle type go to Settings > Vehicle type. There are currently no plans to add more HOV options.

20. Add > Hazard > On road > Vehicle Stopped/Broken down

There are numerous times when one comes across a broken down or stalled vehicle in the road, and you end up reporting it as "Other" or even report it as "On Shoulder" which is inaccurate.

221 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Now available  ·  16 comments  ·  iPhone  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base