Skip to content

Waze Suggestion Box

Welcome and thank you for your interest in improving Waze!
As you share your ideas, here are a few friendly reminders:
  • There’s power in numbers! Search through existing suggestions to see if there's someone else with a similar idea and upvote it.
  • You can build upon an idea -- simply comment below your fellow Wazer's submission.
  • This forum is intended for user feedback and ideas. If you have an issue which needs support, please visit our help center.
Terms and conditions
  • Any comments, feedback, ideas, reports, suggestions, or other information you provide to Waze (part of Google LLC) about Waze products and services (collectively “Feedback”) is not part of your personal data.
  • You agree not to disclose, in your Feedback, to Waze any information, such as third-party information, that you are obligated to maintain as confidential.
  • Waze has no obligation to use your Feedback.
  • By submitting your Feedback in this page, you acknowledge that you are of the minimum age required to provide data processing consent in the applicable country where you are located and that you provide permission to Waze, and its affiliates, to use your Feedback and any information that personally identifies you to improve Waze’s current and future products and services in accordance with Waze's Privacy Policy (waze.com/legal/privacy).
  • Please avoid providing any personal information in your Feedback.
  • Providing a name, when submitting Feedback, is optional. If you choose to provide your name, it will be publicly displayed in this forum next to your Feedback. You can delete your name and provide your Feedback as an anonymous user at any time.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

262 results found

1. BlackBerry Q10

Can you please release an app for the BB Q10 ?

If developing a native app is not in the cards - can you modify an existing app to work on the BB 10 platform ? as there are apps that work on the Z10 but not on the Q10 - please make sure that it works on both ....
    please let us know if there are any plans for this release - we are loyal to Waze and to BB and are eagerly awaiting this omission to be corrected .

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Add quick text to road reports

Typing while driving is dangerous. However, don't you often want to add more information to a road report? Do you go ahead and type that message illegally or do you simply submit something that you know is an incomplete, ambiguous report. What if you had the option to choose from a list of common stock text modifiers to help with your reporting? What if it was possible to edit these to your specifications?

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Overlay mini map when app not at forefront

Google maps has an overlay minimap when you are not directly in the app.

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Keep C-3PO forever!!

Allow for purchase of premium voices like Arnold and C-3PO!! The regular voices are boring. I would gladly pay a few bucks to get the better voices.

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your suggestion!
    As you probably know, some of the voices we feature are promotional, meaning they are only available for a limited time.
    We offer special voices for holidays, events, and just for fun.
    You can use these for the length of the promotion. When the promotion ends, your voice will reset to the default and the voice will no longer appear in the Sound menu.

We hope that you enjoyed the voice while it was available and can’t wait to share more exciting voices to come!

Want to try another voice?

Tap Menu and tap the Settings wheel.
    Tap Voice & sound.
    Tap Voice Language and select the voice you’d like to use.

5. Please calculate number of traffic lights along the route

Good day,

I would like to recommend the following features for future upgrade:
    A) the GPS calculates the number of traffic lights the user would encounter along the route.
    B) let the user have the option to self determine the time traffic light and traffic incident would costs him.

This would greatly helps in calculating the fastest time. For example, routing using shortest distance is usually right. But due to the encounter of traffic lights and incidents along the route. The shortest distance is not the fastest time. All of us know this fact.

But many times, the fastest time…

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Alerts about approaching settlements

Hello! Please add the ability to enable alerts about approaching settlements. Often the signs of settlements can be seen at the last moment and you have to brake quite sharply. Some navigators have such a function. Conveniently, set the desired distance about the notification and you’ll calmly drive up, reducing the speed to that allowed in the settlements.

Russian: Здравствуйте! Добавьте, пожалуйста, возможность включения оповещения о приближении к населенным пунктам. Часто знаки населенных пунктов можно увидеть в последний момент и приходится достаточно резко тормозить. В некоторых навигаторах такая функция есть. Удобно, выставил нужное расстояние об оповещении и уже спокойно подъезжаешь,…

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Categorizing Favorites

With my Garmin, I can quickly look at my favorites list relative to my current location. ADVANTAGE: I'm hungry.....it tells me where my favorite restaurants and coffee shops are and how close. Makes it easy to return there when i'm in the area.

UPGRADE: Ability to share your favorites list with a friend, so that they can choose a place and navigate there as well!

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. current road name

I would like to see a feature similar to Garmin and other gps units that displays the current road I you ar driving on. This would be for when you are not using navigation directions but rather just driving around on day to day activity's. This could also replace the wording at the bottom of the screen that says something like good morning, which is where it could display the current street that you are on. This would helpful when I am out just driving around and want to know what street I am on with out looking for a…

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Bring back Colonel Sanders voice

Make Colonel Sanders navigation voice permanent

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

As you probably know, some of the voices we feature are promotional, meaning they are only available for a limited time.
    You can use these for the length of the promotion. When the promotion ends, your voice will reset to the default and the voice will no longer appear in the Sound menu.

We hope that you enjoyed the voice while it was available and can’t wait to share more exciting voices to come!

Tap Voice & sound.

10. Full screen view

My Waze and search fields take almost half of the screen space in landscape mode. This is getting out of hand. Add an option to hide them when I drive without navigation please.

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Automatic Multiple Stop Route Optimization

Lets say I want to stop by 8 tourist locations in Washington, DC but because I am new to the area I will have no idea how to route myself optimally....so it would be awesome if I could just put in the location addresses or names and have WAZE optimize my stops to be most efficient and effective.

Now that would be an awesome travel tool! Heck it might even work for pizza delivery guys too! ;)

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for this suggestion.
    This idea has been being discussed for a while and recognized as an important user request.
    We hear the community’s voice and would like to share that while we can’t currently commit to a timeline, we do have plans to create a way to add more than one stop pre-drive.
    We’ll keep the community posted, please stay tuned!

12. Make favorites list unlimited and allow sharing of favorites

Make favorites list unlimited and allow for sharing favorites list with friends. This way people can use it for work of they use for multiple routes, and can share with colleagues.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Integrate with Google Latitude

Would you kindly consider integrating Google Latitude in a future iPhone version? I'd love to autoupdate my waze-less family on where I'm driving and it's a bit awkward having to run waze+glympse or waze+latitudie at the same time. If waze was able to update the Latitude position at least every few minutes or kilometers, it would help a lot. Many thanks in advance, and thanks for waze, it works pretty good although there aren't too many users here yet.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Not right now  ·  krankyd responded

At the moment this isn’t possible. Hopefully you will find the FB and Twitter integrations sufficient.

14. Addind a "Facing the opposite direction" button

When I get to the car, many times Waze suggest a route in the oposite direction of how the car is parked. This causes a major time loss as the app needs time to realize I'm headind the opposite way, recalculate and offer a new route. Therefore a banner "facing the opposite lane?" is necessary and would upgrade the app signifully.
    Sorry for my English.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Setting the Car’s direction when starting the app and navigation is a known matter which will be addressed in the future.
    There are many complexities in location tracking which cause this issue and hold us from providing a solution.
    It’s currently on the back burner, but definitely a part of the backlog.

15. 19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your suggestion! We are currently not planning on adding support for Watches or other wearable devices.
    Stay tuned for more features and updates on Waze’s blog and social pages on Facebook and Instagram.

16. Dim the Screen to Stop Screen Burn In

Waze is great but it loves to burn images of the buttons into my phone screen. A dimming option when not in use would save battery and stop this burning problem.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The Report button was designed to be noticed while blending in and it’s important to keep it as is.
    However, we will revisit this idea when working on Dark mode, in the future. Furthermore, since this is a physical issue that OLED phones suffer from in different apps, we recommend to use Battery Saver mode to allow your display some rest from bright colors that might lead to this dysfunction.
    Stay tuned for more features and updates on Waze’s social pages on Facebook and Instagram.

17. Use compass to know direction facing

Use built in compass to work out which way car is facing when calculating best route answer -preferably during the route too.

So for example, if I'm facing west when I enter my route, waze should not suggest driving east down the road to begin with. It should either recommend west or a u-turn followed by east.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Setting the car’s direction when starting the app and navigation is a known matter which will be addressed in the future.
    There are many complexities in location tracking which cause this issue and hold us from providing a solution.
    It’s currently on the back burner, but definitely a part of the backlog.

18. Adding state lines

When zooming out of your route, it would be nice to see the actual states and the borders. Went from Ohio to Niagara Falls and zoomed out to see how far we were to Pennsylvania and couldn’t due to Waze not having any state lines.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your suggestion! We are currently not planning on adding Apple Watch support.
    Stay tuned for more features and updates on Waze’s blog and social pages on Facebook and Instagram.

20. Bring Back Shaq!

Shaq's navigation was the most fun thing I've encountered in waze! I couldn't wait to get back in the car and just drive until i hear the awaited BBQ chicken alert!

BringBackShaq

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Tap Voice & sound.

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base