Calculate fuel consumption and show cost of the route
It would be great to be able to enter the average fuel consumption for certain speeds for your vehicle and then while calculating show also the cost of the route. It can be calculated by known speeds on the road, the need to stop and go on traffic lights, the overall profile of the route. There is an iPhone app that can serve as an inspiration - http://drivegain.com
Thanks for your feedback. At this time, this doesn't fit on our roadmap, but we'll keep it in mind for future product planning.
Bru Mas Ribera commented
This would be so useful! please consider adding this feature 🙏🙏
Hernando Pantigoso commented
For Waze it would be pretty simple to add this fuel comsumption functionality. Just ask for city vs highway fuel consumption, and calculate according to speed of vehicle.
Tom Banton commented
Then you need to divide the cost of one unit of fuel by this fuel efficiency number. Formula to calculate fuel cost per km: Fuel cost per km = fuel cost per litre or kg/mileage or fuel consumption.
Surely this is incredibly easy to implement - the user would input their average MPG/MPL in the settings and then Waze could easily give estimated costs per planned journey or a counting tally of cost. Would be fantastic. Could get smarter by having average MPG for different roads. But even the basic calculation would be great as an estimate.
Ken Hamelin commented
Be able to enter miles to empty or tank capacity in miles so the app can estimate and recommend fuel or charge stops when calculating routes, especially when motorcycle (small tank size) or electric car are selected as the vehicle. As an example, a motorcycle may only have 130 mile range per tank.
When looking at different routes have Waze calculate the estimated petrol cost for each route.
Lami C commented
It would be great! We already know how much toll you can pay. I realized I needed this information for my taxes. As independent worker miles and tolls are important.
Seriously? Its been 10 years and this still hasn't been implemented?
Doug Chandler commented
Wazw could make driving and navigation much smarter by using the wealth of information from the car via OBDII, Bluetooth interfaces are available from about £1...
Waze can then include features such as navigating through tunnels by using the current speed/direction/position from the car, examine the range of the remaining fuel to then provide an alert to fill up with fuel at the cheapest station within that range, use information such as fuel economy to provide more accurate costs of journeys/plan most economic routes.
The app could be so much smarter and more pro-active...
Say hello to
Please provide an opportunity for the Waze app that Waze can roam with respect to the fuel consumption of the vehicle and the amount of fuel remaining in the tank.
It's particularly suitable for cars with Android-Auto features.
Two remarkable points:
1) Receive information on the fuel consumption of the vehicle and the amount of fuel remaining in the tank, in the following ways:
1-1) Data entry manually by user Waze app.
1-2) Automatically receive information by the Waze app, with OBD interfaces.
2) Routing is such that if Waze needs to be refueled, it will direct the user to the nearest fuel location (depending on the type of fuel consumed by the vehicle).
لطفا امکانی را در نرم افزار ویز فراهم کنید که ویز بتواند، با توجه به میزان مصرف سوخت خودرو و همچنین میزان سوخت باقیمانده در باک، مسیریابی را انجام دهد.
به خصوص در خودروهایی که ویژگی اندروید-اتو را دارند، مناسب است.
دو نکته قابل توجه:
1) دریافت اطلاعات میزان مصرف سوخت خودرو و میزان سوخت باقیمانده در باک، به دو صورت زیر انجام پذیر باشد:
1-1) ورود اطلاعات به صورت دستی توسط کاربر نرم افزار ویز.
1-2) دریافت خودکار اطلاعات توسط نرم افزار ویز، با واسطه OBD.
2) مسیریابی به این صورت باشد، که در صورت نیاز به سوخت گیری مجدد، ویز کاربر را (با توجه به نوع سوخت مصرفی خودرو) به نزدیکترین جایگاه سوخت هدایت نماید.
This would be handy - it would be great if it could have some fuel consumption reporting feature.
Also, I would like to be able to tell Waze what remaining range my car is stating there is left before I need to refuel. I'd then like Waze to suggest the best place (the least distance off my route, but within the remaining range of the car) where I should refuel.
You shud be able to input the range of your car when you fill up and when the app sees that your fuel is getting low it should provide information on closest service station and price guide
+1 and also for use of obd2 data. most vehicles have obd and it is more or less mandatory at least in eu and us so is a standard.
also if users agree to upload their data not only traffic jams can be avoided but far more decisions can be done thanks to those maps. f.e. some uphill road may be clogged during daytime to 50km/h forcing drivers to climb up on 4th or even 3rd gear. some roads might have many pedestrians crossing street during certain peak hours, etc etc...
Implement gas fill up button, add price and quantity, ODO maybe
Auto tag all drives by Avg moving speed,
Avg up to 40kmh - urban
Avg up to 60kmh country
Avg above 60 highway
by the time you do a new fill up, you'll have a precise idea how much of your driving is the city vs highway so you have a better idea why your gas mileage is high or low.
Joseph Kent Craig commented
For road trips, calculate the average gas fill up time into your trip. Say you are going from Phoenix to Dallas. Theoretically, you need to stop 5 times for gas. (this will vary alot depending on your gas mileage) and the average stop takes 15 minutes. That tacks on more than an hour for your trip. It would give people a more realistic idea of long road trips.
You could also pick food options for stops. Fast Food vs Sit Down. Take average visit times (drive through, vs sit down) and calculate that as well.
Nigel Burrell commented
Showing the fuel cost of a journey would be fantastic and is essentially the only thing missing on Waze that I really wish it had.
D Allen commented
this would be really useful to me as a motorcyclist and take several long trips. my range is about 200 miles, and so it would be great to get better data on gas staions and prices along the route and be able to preplan/pre-program stops along the route based on price and distance.
Do not see such app. Does it work trough OBD?
Christopher Williams commented
- You save your vehicle information on your profile(ie. MPG on freeway and city, gas tank size) with the ability to save multiple vehicles.
- You tell Waze how much gas you have such as 1/2 tank or to stop at a gas station to fill up(newer cars could enter the miles to empty information from their vehicle) and calculate from there and it would let you know which gas stations you would need to stop at to get the cheapest refills on your trip and the fewest stops necessary.
- This would help save time and money.
- Since Waze already has gas prices being reported it could calculate the gas cost of your trip.
- You have a setting for cheapest gas cost route and quickest route. Cheapest gas cost might have you stop even at a half tank or so to save you a few dollars where the gas is cheaper while quickest route would have you stop the fewest times necessary.
- The app would calculate and show both options side by side with the gas cost and then you would pick which one you want.
- It could keep a running total of how much money it has saved you on gas compared to using the quickest route option and you can use that information to get more people to use the app, such as "The average Waze user saved over" + ("$15/month" or "$10/refill" or "your own clever wording") + "using the Smart Gas Shopper option."
- You could even tell it what fast food restaurant you prefer to eat at and a time and it would calculate that into your trip too, maybe that would be a different option, most likely, agreed.
niv borenstien commented
there is an israeli application (angi) that recieve from the car the fuel amount
combind this data with the car fuel tank, the trip destination and you can know if the driver needs to refuel and suggeste a near by fuel station.
more then that, this application retreive from the car engine (and other) problems, and u can suggeste near by garage
all the best