Skip to content

Waze Suggestion Box

Welcome and thank you for your interest in improving Waze!
As you share your ideas, here are a few friendly reminders:
  • There’s power in numbers! Search through existing suggestions to see if there's someone else with a similar idea and upvote it.
  • You can build upon an idea -- simply comment below your fellow Wazer's submission.
  • This forum is intended for user feedback and ideas. If you have an issue which needs support, please visit our help center.
Terms and conditions
  • Any comments, feedback, ideas, reports, suggestions, or other information you provide to Waze (part of Google LLC) about Waze products and services (collectively “Feedback”) is not part of your personal data.
  • You agree not to disclose, in your Feedback, to Waze any information, such as third-party information, that you are obligated to maintain as confidential.
  • Waze has no obligation to use your Feedback.
  • By submitting your Feedback in this page, you acknowledge that you are of the minimum age required to provide data processing consent in the applicable country where you are located and that you provide permission to Waze, and its affiliates, to use your Feedback and any information that personally identifies you to improve Waze’s current and future products and services in accordance with Waze's Privacy Policy (waze.com/legal/privacy).
  • Please avoid providing any personal information in your Feedback.
  • Providing a name, when submitting Feedback, is optional. If you choose to provide your name, it will be publicly displayed in this forum next to your Feedback. You can delete your name and provide your Feedback as an anonymous user at any time.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

252 results found

1. Alerta de farois ligados em rodovias

Com a nova lei no Brasil que obriga o farol baixo nas estradas ainda que de dia, o waze poderia emitir um alerta para confirmar que os faróis estão acesos sempre que acessar uma rodovia.
    Noticia da lei: http://g1.globo.com/carros/noticia/2016/05/lei-torna-farol-baixo-obrigatorio-em-estradas-durante-o-dia.html

108 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Turn on the lights alert.

In Brazil, even during the day it's mandatory to turn on the car lights when we drive in a route (highway).

It would be very helpful there was an alert reminding us to do it each time we start driving on a highway.

(No Brasil, mesmo durante o dia é obrigatório ligar os faróis ao dirigir numa estrada.
    Seria muito útil se houvesse um aviso lembrando de fazer isso cada vez em que começamos a dirigir numa rodovia.

71 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. 70 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Now available  ·  krankyd responded

while we still need to improve this a bit (work on special scenarios that involve ramps and other special road types), the issue should be fixed. If you still notice problems with it, please writ to alpha@waze.com

4. purple route line hides traffic

When in navigation mode the purple route line hides the yellow and red lines showing traffic congestion. This discourages me from using the navigation. There could be an option to turn the purple line on/off just like there is an option to turn voice commands on/off

69 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Force Reroute Button

Many times i can see that the freeway/higway I´m about to enter is slow moving, and waze wants to route me into that sometimes even if there is reported trafficjams/heavy traffic etc on that road. A button on screen or easy accesssible (poosibly instead of the bulldozer) to force an alternative route would really help

69 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Now available  ·  krankyd responded

Available on version 2.2 and on. To reroute, click on the green bar (after starting the route).
    One of the options is to recalculate the route, i.e. force a reroute.

6. I want to report hazards & closures even after i drove past it. like hold my finger on a location and report there.

I like to report things but by the time i open my waze app, i already drove a few blocks. And waze doesn't let me report anything 3 blocks back. Why can't I click on the map and pick the exact location?

67 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Add the option to Select the Car Pool Lane when determining routes

Add the option to select the Car Pool Lane when determining the quickest routes. In los angeles and other major cities we have a lot of car pool lanes that do not connect that should be factored into possible routes. Waze already tracks the speed in carpool lanes but does not factor that in when determining quickest route because there is no option to tell it whether you have multiple passengers or not.

66 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Soporte para la navegación - Pico y Placa en Lima, Perú

Estimados Waze,
    En vista de la implementación en Lima, Peru, del sistema Pico y Placa (avenidas restringidas en ciertos horarios y dias de la semana, segun el numero de placa), recomiendo que se implemente en el aplicativo una opción para indicar si la placa del auto es par o impar, y segun eso, se evite recomendar rutas que vayan por las avenidas restringidas, durante el horario / día en que corresponda.

Muchas gracias!!

65 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your suggestion! As you may know, Waze already takes license plate restrictions into account, in many parts of the world. To enable this feature, add your license plate details under Settings > Car details > License plate.

9. Tarifs moyens des trajets

nous avons systématiquement plusieurs itinéraires possibles, parfois certains ayant un temps similaire voir identiques. Il pourrait être intéressant de mettre en avant les tarifs des péages ainsi parfois entre 2 trajets de 45 minutes entre le 1er faisant prendre 3 péage pour un total par exemple de 10€ et l'autre trajets avec un seul péage a 3€ cela évite des frais inutile. ou même parfois il est peut être intéressant de rallonger de 5 minute si cela évite un péage coûteux. Waze pourrait se servir des données que nous lui transmettons sur notre type de véhicule et carburant comme le…

61 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. 한국어 Korean Voice Language for navigation

Waze is among growing & popular daily navigation application among Korean community. Is there are plan for the support for the language?
    Google maps is already supporting it.

59 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Add classical language Tamil to get more wazeians in India, Singapore,Malaysia, Canada, France, German and britain

Add classical language Tamil to get more wazeians in India, Singapore,Malaysia, Canada, France, German and britain. Tamil is one of the language which is spoken around 85 countries with considerable population. Consider and make more wamilains (wazeians + tamilians)

50 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Express Lanes - Avoid Express Lanes option

A nice feature would be a setting to avoid Express Lanes, like the ones on I95 (I-95) that require the EZ-Pass. Currently the only way to do this is to enable "Avoid Toll Roads." However this makes my route avoid the tunnel or bridge that I DO want to use. Avoiding the tunnel or bridge would add 20 or more minutes to my drive.
    Basically, separate out the luxury Express Lanes from toll roads and create another setting for them.
    Thank you.

49 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your suggestion! As you may know, Waze offers HOV routing for taxis. To change your vehicle type go to Settings > Vehicle type. There are currently no plans to add more HOV options.

13. Possibility to add navigation voices

It should be nice to add your own voice instructions, because not all languages are supported yet.

46 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Taxi Features / Funcionalidades para taxis

Develop options for taxi navigation such as:
    - Routes that have exclusive lanes of taxi use;
    - Proposed destination by proximity that has a shorter travel time for the passenger to end their route by walking. For example, if the navigation can determine that a point of up to 300 meters (parameter) of the destination will significantly reduce the travel time, this can be given as an option to the passenger.

Desenvolver opções para navegação de taxis como:
    - Rotas que possuem faixas exclusivas de uso de taxi;
    - Proposta de destino por proximidade que tenha um tempo de percurso…

42 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. WAZE to avoid ULEZ zones - type in your vehicle reg before travel?

In April 2019 central London areas operate a 24/7 charge for vehicles which don't pass the ultra low emissions zone. This is the same boundaries as the congestion charge. This is in effect a toll. The only way I can see WAZE controlling this is that the driver must enter their reg that they are driving so that WAZE knows to avoid this toll. My car for example will fall short of the ULEZ, whereas my girlfriends will not so it is dependent on what you drive. Will WAZE build this into their app as a way of avoiding this…

38 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Great news! The feature to avoid ULEZ is now available in Waze. Install the latest app version to check it out.

16. Change "Avoid Highways" to "Avoid Freeways"

The current "Avoid Highways" preference in the client is essentially useless because it includes even "Minor Highways" which is poorly defined. The category includes even very small country roads that happen to be designated State highways - hardly in the same category as freeways and therefore not useful as a routing distinction.

On the other hand, "Avoid Highways" is a very useful option for users who would like to use the Waze route optimization features, but without the stress and other factors that come with Freeway driving.

38 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Gostaria que o Waze indicasse nos mapas as praças de pedagio informando os preços. Seria interessante também informar ao usuário o total ga

Gostaria que o Waze indicasse nos mapas as praças de pedagio informando os preços.
    Seria interessante também informar ao usuário o total gasto com pedagios ao traçar uma rota.

37 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your suggestion! As you may know, Waze calculates and displays toll prices in many parts of the world. To know when this becomes available in your country, stay tuned on Waze’s social pages on Facebook and Instagram

18. GNV

1° considerar GNV nos combustíveis,
    2° voltar c/os nomes das ruas no mapa.

35 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Now available  ·  1 comment  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Road width restrictions

In Europe we often get width restrictions on certain roads. This could be added at Map edit level and integrated with navigation route planning and would need a new set of parameters in the vehicle details/settings that would determine if your vehicle can actually take advantage of routes which have width restrictions!!

i have been caught out several times in an oversize vehicle before!!

35 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Routes should default to Map View instead of List View

Upon setting a destination and clicking Routes, I would like the default view to be Maps instead of List. Please make this an option.

34 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base