Waze Suggestion Box
- There’s power in numbers! Search through existing suggestions to see if there's someone else with a similar idea and upvote it.
- You can build upon an idea -- simply comment below your fellow Wazer's submission.
- This forum is intended for user feedback and ideas. If you have an issue which needs support, please visit our help center.
- Any comments, feedback, ideas, reports, suggestions, or other information you provide to Waze (part of Google LLC) about Waze products and services (collectively “Feedback”) is not part of your personal data.
- You agree not to disclose, in your Feedback, to Waze any information, such as third-party information, that you are obligated to maintain as confidential.
- Waze has no obligation to use your Feedback.
- By submitting your Feedback in this page, you acknowledge that you are of the minimum age required to provide data processing consent in the applicable country where you are located and that you provide permission to Waze, and its affiliates, to use your Feedback and any information that personally identifies you to improve Waze’s current and future products and services in accordance with Waze's Privacy Policy (waze.com/legal/privacy).
- Please avoid providing any personal information in your Feedback.
- Providing a name, when submitting Feedback, is optional. If you choose to provide your name, it will be publicly displayed in this forum next to your Feedback. You can delete your name and provide your Feedback as an anonymous user at any time.
- or
No existing idea results
- ~ No ideas found ~
20705 results found
-
Please give me back my LONG PRESS SEARCH BUTTON on Android
I use a voice assistant that is activated by a Long Press of my Seach Button. When Waze is active that button is not available (it opens up a Waze Menu). Anyway to deactivate that so I can use my Virtual Assistant while Waze is active?
7 votes -
Road hazards
Have the option to dismiss users postings. Say if a disabled car is no longer there. Or if a cop isnt there or theres no longer traffic issues jams ect. Add a buttong to be able to dismiss any and all. I know it pops up for disabled cars once in a while. But make it for all things posted. Cause i notice some people post things just to get points that are not even there.
7 votes -
More icons for existing report types
Currently many of the icons displayed on the map are shared across different reports, this means the driver must tap them to find out what they are (if they do not pop up automatically) eg. "Car on shoulder" and "object on road". This is frustrating when some warnings are fairly insignificant and others more serious, like my previous example. Additional icons would allow drivers to understand the reports at a glance with no extra taps required when issuing a report.
7 votes -
linux client
i would like to have a Linux client build. i have built several custom laptops with Bluetooth connected GPS units and network via mobile hot-spots or connected cell cards and would much prefer to use Waze on them.
7 votes -
Less than 20% battery dialogue box options
On Android less than 20% battery dialogue box says "Would you like to keep waze on?" With Yes and No buttons. However, when driving it's hard to read the question and often I end up turning off Waze cause I tapped "No". Since it's hard to read the question when driving, if dialogue buttons should said "keep on" or "turn off" instead of y/n, the decision is a lot faster.
7 votes -
Improve finding of places/business to drive to
Currently, when searching for a business or place to drive to, it often does not find the business. Or, it shows a list of businesses with the same name but no address or city. For example, if I search for "Kaiser" it shows a bunch of Kaiser Hospital names with no address or city. And it doesn't at all show the one that is closest to me. So, I don't know which one is closer. I end up often having to use google maps and navigation to find places and get routed there. Need to allow us an easy way (by phone) to add a name and address of a business that is not showing up on your results screen too.
Currently, when searching for a business or place to drive to, it often does not find the business. Or, it shows a list of businesses with the same name but no address or city. For example, if I search for "Kaiser" it shows a bunch of Kaiser Hospital names with no address or city. And it doesn't at all show the one that is closest to me. So, I don't know which one is closer. I end up often having to use google maps and navigation to find places and get routed there. Need to allow us an easy way…
7 votes -
mark/find free parking spots
Maybe you can add and option in Waze to mark free parking spots, like google "Open Spot" (http://openspot.googlelabs.com/).
7 votesThis was available in the early stages of waze, but was not successful at all. In areas where parking was needed, the update was not helpful, and was misleading as it’s hard to cancel an existing report.
-
7 votes
-
replace top bar with reports buttons
The top bar displays some information which is useless for navigation. Maybe it would be better to replace these with buttons for reporting issues. Make it bigger, too, so those buttons can be pressed easily.
7 votes -
Require e-mail address or include username for Help & Feedback submitted reports
When someone submits a report via Help & Feedback, it should be required for the user to have a registered e-mail address. If an e-mail address is not registered, they should be required to agree to the disclaimer to display their username.
6 votes -
Lake Ontario
I loved your app and used it every single time. I will never again use it as you change the name of Lake Ontario, just to raise the ego of an evil, wannabe dictator (like other of your former users called him).very disappointed
6 votes -
Allow users to disable hazard warnings in roaming mode
Many (URs) user reports caused by permanent hazards in roaming mode - reporters are driving on highways and app will provide warnings about RR crossings, speed bumps and other hazard alerts located on the side roads.
It will be nice to allow users to disable warnings in roaming mode.Or maybe waze developers can modify/improve “algorithm” to detect speed, road type, etc before providing hazard alerts on side roads in roaming mode?
6 votes -
School zones alerts 40km
School zones alerts 40km
6 votes -
Can you make the speed limit sign bigger on the display
Please make speed limit sign bigger. Too hard to see.
6 votes -
Head up display
Dear Waze Team,
Please add Head-Up Display (HUD) support for Waze navigation in Apple CarPlay and Android Auto.
Many modern vehicles, including the new Toyota RAV4 2026, are equipped with advanced HUD systems that can display navigation instructions directly on the windshield. It would be extremely useful and safer if Waze could show upcoming turns, lane guidance, distance to the next maneuver, and other navigation information on the HUD.
Waze is my preferred navigation app, and HUD integration would greatly improve the driving experience and help drivers keep their eyes on the road.
Thank you for considering this feature
6 votes -
Fire Truck Icon
Hello Waze Team,
I would like to suggest the addition of an official fire truck and emergency vehicle icon/mood within the Waze application.
This feature could be very useful for firefighters, rescue teams, and emergency response personnel, allowing better visual representation within the Waze community.
Beyond the visual aspect, this implementation could also strengthen engagement from emergency service users and support road safety awareness initiatives.
Suggested vehicle icons could include:
- Fire engine
- Ambulance
- Rescue vehicle
- Rapid response unit
These icons could also be released during safety campaigns, emergency preparedness events, or special community activities.
Thank you for considering this suggestion and for the continuous improvement of the platform.
Best regards.
Hello Waze Team,
I would like to suggest the addition of an official fire truck and emergency vehicle icon/mood within the Waze application.
This feature could be very useful for firefighters, rescue teams, and emergency response personnel, allowing better visual representation within the Waze community.
Beyond the visual aspect, this implementation could also strengthen engagement from emergency service users and support road safety awareness initiatives.
Suggested vehicle icons could include:
- Fire engine
- Ambulance
- Rescue vehicle
- Rapid response unit
These icons could also be released during safety campaigns, emergency preparedness events, or special community activities.
Thank you for considering this suggestion…
6 votes -
Truck map
Hi Waze. It would be a great idea if you could make maps for Trucks. Bridge height, bridge weight restrictions , length restrictions. Truck stops are not priority but would be nice to have. I use car play in my 40t truck with Waze but I use tom tom too, but I don’t Like TomTom. Sadly I have no choice but to use it 😂
6 votes -
Animal Crossing Hazard
I tend to be on the road often and absolutely love using Waze whenever I need a GPS. As someone on the road often, I tend to notice there are many times that there are sudden animal crossings or a lost pet on the side of the road. This does tend to be on highways where many people are going very fast and are not as careful with their driving.
I recently thought of the idea- I think Waze should include a button, under the hazard category where we could press some form of “careful animal crossing” button to warn other drivers there may be a sudden animal crossing or pet walking the side of road. This would alert other drivers, allowing them to drive with more caution to protect themselves as well as the animal.
I wanted to share this idea and see if it could be implemented in the app. I hope this could work.
I tend to be on the road often and absolutely love using Waze whenever I need a GPS. As someone on the road often, I tend to notice there are many times that there are sudden animal crossings or a lost pet on the side of the road. This does tend to be on highways where many people are going very fast and are not as careful with their driving.
I recently thought of the idea- I think Waze should include a button, under the hazard category where we could press some form of “careful animal crossing” button to warn…
6 votes -
button cancel route stopped working
After last update while running on Android Auto, button cancel route(in left bottom corner, button with cross and remaining time) stopped working, even though I see it is pressed - UI item changes the color when pressed. Button worked fine before with the same car and the same phone. It looks like it is pressed - there is visual feedback, but nothing happens.
6 votes -
Create a new camera category to support new AI cameras
In Greece there are new AI camera installed on various spots in Athens. These cameras issue tickets for a plethora of traffic violations. Seatbelts, helmets, red lights, speeding, mobile phone usage etc. These cameras are now using a red light camera icon or a bus lane icon or sometimes speed camera icon. There should be a new category for those cameras that cover all the violations.
6 votes
- Don't see your idea?