Skip to content

Waze Suggestion Box

Welcome and thank you for your interest in improving Waze!
As you share your ideas, here are a few friendly reminders:
  • There’s power in numbers! Search through existing suggestions to see if there's someone else with a similar idea and upvote it.
  • You can build upon an idea -- simply comment below your fellow Wazer's submission.
  • This forum is intended for user feedback and ideas. If you have an issue which needs support, please visit our help center.
Terms and conditions
  • Any comments, feedback, ideas, reports, suggestions, or other information you provide to Waze (part of Google LLC) about Waze products and services (collectively “Feedback”) is not part of your personal data.
  • You agree not to disclose, in your Feedback, to Waze any information, such as third-party information, that you are obligated to maintain as confidential.
  • Waze has no obligation to use your Feedback.
  • By submitting your Feedback in this page, you acknowledge that you are of the minimum age required to provide data processing consent in the applicable country where you are located and that you provide permission to Waze, and its affiliates, to use your Feedback and any information that personally identifies you to improve Waze’s current and future products and services in accordance with Waze's Privacy Policy (waze.com/legal/privacy).
  • Please avoid providing any personal information in your Feedback.
  • Providing a name, when submitting Feedback, is optional. If you choose to provide your name, it will be publicly displayed in this forum next to your Feedback. You can delete your name and provide your Feedback as an anonymous user at any time.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

16654 results found

1. Location and type of landmark in search results

For easier identification of a landmark, it could be great, to know the settlement or road which is near it and the type of the landmark, after the name of the landmark, like this:
    Shell, Somecity/Route66 (Gas station)

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Bezier curves map rendering

Use bezier curves to draw and render roads in client. See http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Osmarender/BezierCurves

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Turn off screen option

i think i would be great if you could turn off only the screen + lock the key, with let the data & gps active.

what for ?

in my case, i ride motorcycle and i can't place my cellphone on the carplug and the battery go quickly down without it. (because data, gps, screen consume big)

so i want to place it in my pocket and just have sound (trough my Earbuds) like that i'm aware when i'm crossing police trap, slow traffic etc....

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Refresh the UI to match native platforms

I can only speak for iOS and Android, but it's disappointing that waze doesn't fit with the native UI styles in terms of the toolbars/buttons/menus.

I think a visual refresh would keep the attention of new users that may be turned off currently, and would certainly please a regular user like myself too. ;)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Navigation

Search of Postal addresses using local search engines on the web to get a better/faster Navigational experience

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Share Scoreboard Info on Facebook

None of the current sharing options for Facebook are appealing to me and the people I know using the client. We would love to share when we hit certain milestones and/or have weekly reports of our Waze Scoreboard progress. This allows us to share Waze with our Facebook friends without revealing our locations (road reports, directions to where we are going). I think sharing these achievements would be the quickest/most effective way to promote Waze on Facebook

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Points ticket no longer working on latest Blackberry version

On the Blackberry, the latest version (2.0.2.3) no longer shows the point ticker when collecting points. When you look under View My Points the New Points section is blank. That said it still does seem to be counting new points just not showing them anywhere.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Display interstate/highway shields on client map.

Right now the live maps can display highway shields with limited functionality. Adding this ability to the client maps (and expanding its scope, as right now it is only partially functional) would really make it easier to orient yourself when viewing the map.

It would be nice if it was an option, as well... so you could disable it (like you can disable road goodies or other things) if you don't want to view them.

122 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    We're working on it  ·  Unholy responded

Currently working on N. America. will be implanted in the world server in the future.

9. Add user report confirmation/cancelation buttons for all events

Add user report confirmation/cancelation buttons for all events, similar to "police/not here". This would allow to refresh the reports in the map by other drivers, provide more 'live' info + quicker cancellation of outdated events.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. marking beginning/end of towns while driving

Would you consider introducing an option to the client, a dedicated button or something, that we could press while recording new roads to mark the beginning/end of town/village?
    This would be a great option to me.
    One single tap on the screen would mark end/beginning of a town and then it would be easier for us to find that place in Cartouche and give it its correct name thus avoiding mistakes!
    This shouldn't be very distracting during driving - only one tap away :-). It'd be great if the client recognized this and didn't break the route in half, but…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Add option to resize the screen allowing to see all members of a team in special color 4 better view

This option will allow a member of a team to see in a much more easy way, where are the other members of his team.
    Another side of this option, could be a live interface on web,... where a member could see the others members of a team.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. GTalk integration

When Im running WAZE, set my GT status to "DnD - Driving by waze". So friends will not chat to me during driving. It make me peace and tell others about new navigation - WAZE.

134 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. System constantly reroutes then the server times out & deletes exsiting route

When I set a route the system constantly reroutes almost every quarter to half a mile. At least 50% if not greater I will then get a message that the server timed out. This wouldn't be so bad except that when this happens it deletes the route I'm trying to follow until it tries again and usually then the server returns a route. This makes Waze virtually unusable. Please make it that once Waze has a route that it continues displaying and following that route until it gets new information from the user or server for a new route. Even…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Add clock

I can see the speed and some more info in the waze full screen, but i often need to see the current time. I have to switch out of waze.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. WebOS Client

WebOS is an easy-to-develop-for OS, and with the next generation Enyo framework, creating a client will be even easier.

39 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. have client generate text file of all unallowed moves while driving to view on computer

I know the system technically does this automatically but I was thinking today as I was going through the cartouche fixing every intersection in my hometown, how it'd be handy if the client generated a text file showing all the things you did that you "shouldn't" have. Almost every intersection in my area has restricted turns that simply don't exist (it's a small town, there's only one turn restriction and no one ways, so i realize this is easier than most) but I was thinking it'd be handy if I could open a txt file generated by the client that…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Give stats about what is happening around:

• Number of wazers in surrounding area/on same road or trip
    • Total traffic jam length on given area or on given road
    4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Resolve GPRS/EDGE connectivity issue

Wifi works great, but when I am on road or trying to connect via GPRS, Waze rarely connects. On the web and on the Waze forums itself this issues is litterred numerous times, with various people discovering different ways which made it work for them. None of them, unfortunately worked for me. This means that on road, I have no Waze connectivity for updates. Bad. This should be a critical issue to be put on top priority.

e.g. http://www.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=3860

http://www.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6917

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Install a button to Report desable car

Several times a back up is create by a desable car on the road and because Im driving is to complicate to chose road hazard and also tape desable car.
    For that reason I think a fast way to report this type of events will help all wazers

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base