Skip to content

Waze Suggestion Box

Welcome and thank you for your interest in improving Waze!
As you share your ideas, here are a few friendly reminders:
  • There’s power in numbers! Search through existing suggestions to see if there's someone else with a similar idea and upvote it.
  • You can build upon an idea -- simply comment below your fellow Wazer's submission.
  • This forum is intended for user feedback and ideas. If you have an issue which needs support, please visit our help center.
Terms and conditions
  • Any comments, feedback, ideas, reports, suggestions, or other information you provide to Waze (part of Google LLC) about Waze products and services (collectively “Feedback”) is not part of your personal data.
  • You agree not to disclose, in your Feedback, to Waze any information, such as third-party information, that you are obligated to maintain as confidential.
  • Waze has no obligation to use your Feedback.
  • By submitting your Feedback in this page, you acknowledge that you are of the minimum age required to provide data processing consent in the applicable country where you are located and that you provide permission to Waze, and its affiliates, to use your Feedback and any information that personally identifies you to improve Waze’s current and future products and services in accordance with Waze's Privacy Policy (waze.com/legal/privacy).
  • Please avoid providing any personal information in your Feedback.
  • Providing a name, when submitting Feedback, is optional. If you choose to provide your name, it will be publicly displayed in this forum next to your Feedback. You can delete your name and provide your Feedback as an anonymous user at any time.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

16640 results found

1. mapless mode

how about a screen that just displays the speed and any nearby alerts (range user selectable) for when we're just driving and don't need the GPS? This could cut down on data (and battery) usage by not fetching maps, but still let us provide data back to the system.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Store reports created offline for short period. I.E. Police reports and accidents, see comments

I travel a lot in weak cell service areas on major interstates. I will see an accident or Police situation when I have GPS but not network it says sorry you can't report do it later. However it might be 5 or 10 miles down the road before I can then the event isn't in the right location. Suggest storing the location information along with the time so that when network returns it can be posted.

479 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Expire events option

Give a general or category specific option to delete/expire events. e.g. most crashes/accidents are cleared in 30 minutes or less, yet the event lingers in Waze for 2 hours or more. So let the user chose how old an event will be displayed.

41 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Allow a longer delay before voice prompts

When using my iPhone with bluetooth handsfree kit, I miss the first word of each prompt while the kit detects bluetooth audio and mutes my radio in the car. Please increase delay between starting the announcement (or add a selectable option to do so) to overcome this problem.

62 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Send a text message when delayed and/or shortly before arriving

Waze can send twitter-messages, but with the new APIs in iOS4 it could send textmessages (SMS) as well. When entering a destination for routing, one could also select a mobile phonenumber (of the person we are driving to) so that significant delays are reported automatically to this person. Also, waze could send a SMS some minutes before arriving at the destination. This comes really handy when you want to pick someone up!

When I say "automatically" - I mean that Waze pops up a dialog that you only have to confirm.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Save and later upload client data for areas with limited cell and/or Wi-Fi only users.

The amount of data saved currently is insufficient to allow mapping of vast rural areas. Saving this data when storage is available and later uploading will speed the completion of your goals.

1,546 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Add mile markers to client maps

I travel on a lot of open stretches and would like to see an option for mile markers on waze maps. If no per mile, maybe every 5 miles or so. Good to sync the maps and also nice if someone were to need assistance along a desolate road with no references. In which case, you could scroll along the map to see which mile marker you were closest to.

56 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. "Both lanes" reporting option

Add a "both lanes" option when reporting traffic jams, hazards, and accidents affecting both directions of travel at the same time.

2,266 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Use special tiles for not downloaded areas

Let the waze client use a special tile for not downloaded areas. When on a slow connection you sometimes realise there's no road where you are, so you enable construction mode just to realise a minute later that the roads in the area just weren't finished downloading to your phone yet.

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. replace top bar with reports buttons

The top bar displays some information which is useless for navigation. Maybe it would be better to replace these with buttons for reporting issues. Make it bigger, too, so those buttons can be pressed easily.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Move (Install) to SD Card (Android)

I would like to be able to move waze to my SD card. I have 2.2, but my phone does not have enough internal storage for all my apps. It would be awesome if I could move this to my SD since it is one of the larger apps.

54 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Enable spontaneous driving communities with waze

I am very fascinated from waze and see a big future for it, also for extended purposes, e.g. car pooling or spontaneous driving communities in the future, maybe with a system of points for inviting people in my car or commuting in the cars of other people after a waze-communicated invitation. Such a new feature would be a worldwide unique innovation with the potential to revolutionize the mobility habits of the society and to preserve the world-wide resources of fossil energy sources.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Disable/option iPhone touch-rotating map

When navigating with my iPhone I usually want to zoom in and out using the pinch movement as most apps use, but half the time trigger the touch to rotate map feature, which I never really need to use.

My suggestion: Disable this (the map will still rotate when you are heading in a certain direction, which is all anyone should need it to do) or at least have an option to turn it off.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. ability to delete backup location on iphone

Possibilité de supprimer une ou plusieurs localisations sauvegarder dans 'sauvegarde localisation'
    Ability to delete one or more locations back to 'backup location'

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. POIs: automatically recognize location and search option

Currently there is no 'City' field in the POI definition. When defining a new one (for instance gas station or train station), you have to specify the city in the name if you want to make it findable within a city search (for instance you want to serach all gas station in the city you are wazing). Thus congesting the map.
    Maybe an option when searching for POIs to restrain research within a certain range would be helpful too.

54 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Upside-down interface

Without a car dock, the iPhone rides upside-down in my cupholder since the car charger plugs in the bottom of the phone. It would be awesome if Waze supported 180-degree rotation in addition to both landscape modes.

247 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Add pause option for stops

Add pause option to client, that could be activated when stopping by at a gas station or other places, so that heavy traffic is not indicated. It could unpause automatically when the car start moving

3,182 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Automatically switch off 'Record new road' feature

As an area manager, it is a headache to keep deleting small segments of road alongside existing roads, caused by GPS inaccuracies where a user has left the 'record new road' feature switched on. I think it would be a good idea to have the client automatically switch off the feature if the user has been travelling on an existing road for a set period of time, for example, 2 minutes.

204 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Waze API

Unsure in which forum this falls, but the idea is to have an API which developers could use to use Waze information on their websites or apps.

173 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 39 votes

We're glad you're here