Skip to content

Waze Suggestion Box

Welcome and thank you for your interest in improving Waze!
As you share your ideas, here are a few friendly reminders:
  • There’s power in numbers! Search through existing suggestions to see if there's someone else with a similar idea and upvote it.
  • You can build upon an idea -- simply comment below your fellow Wazer's submission.
  • This forum is intended for user feedback and ideas. If you have an issue which needs support, please visit our help center.
Terms and conditions
  • Any comments, feedback, ideas, reports, suggestions, or other information you provide to Waze (part of Google LLC) about Waze products and services (collectively “Feedback”) is not part of your personal data.
  • You agree not to disclose, in your Feedback, to Waze any information, such as third-party information, that you are obligated to maintain as confidential.
  • Waze has no obligation to use your Feedback.
  • By submitting your Feedback in this page, you acknowledge that you are of the minimum age required to provide data processing consent in the applicable country where you are located and that you provide permission to Waze, and its affiliates, to use your Feedback and any information that personally identifies you to improve Waze’s current and future products and services in accordance with Waze's Privacy Policy (waze.com/legal/privacy).
  • Please avoid providing any personal information in your Feedback.
  • Providing a name, when submitting Feedback, is optional. If you choose to provide your name, it will be publicly displayed in this forum next to your Feedback. You can delete your name and provide your Feedback as an anonymous user at any time.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1027 results found

1. Ad option closed road to traffic hazards and accidents

Ad option closed road to traffic hazards and accidents. So that people know that the road ahead is closed en they could be automatically rerouted around the closed road

65 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Make Waze compatible with AndroidAuto Coolwalk.

Waze is not yet working on full screen with Coolwalk beta of Android Auto. Google Maps is doing that already.

63 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Flood alert for flooded roads

I just want to share an experience i had a couple of days ago. It's rainy season here again in the Philippines and roads here can get flooded easily. So I was on my way home two nights ago and I consulted Waze on the best route since I know traffic would be bad. Waze gave 3 routes. Two would take me almost 2hrs and then one route with just a little over 1hr. So I took the fastest route. Abt 30mins into my drive, i was facing a flooded road with abt knee deep of water. On the map…

62 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Limit traffic alerts to same country/smaller area

There's no point in showing alerts from 2000+ km away. Most people are only interested in alerts in their immediate area.

62 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Now available  ·  krankyd responded

On Android, iPhone and next versions of Symbian and WM, you can set a radius for alerts. Go to general settings.

5. Tarifs moyens des trajets

nous avons systématiquement plusieurs itinéraires possibles, parfois certains ayant un temps similaire voir identiques. Il pourrait être intéressant de mettre en avant les tarifs des péages ainsi parfois entre 2 trajets de 45 minutes entre le 1er faisant prendre 3 péage pour un total par exemple de 10€ et l'autre trajets avec un seul péage a 3€ cela évite des frais inutile. ou même parfois il est peut être intéressant de rallonger de 5 minute si cela évite un péage coûteux. Waze pourrait se servir des données que nous lui transmettons sur notre type de véhicule et carburant comme le…

61 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Allow Users (or their friends/family) To Be the GPS Voice

As most users know, there are special sponsored voices you can use for your GPS voice. Kevin Hart did it when Ride Along was coming out. Ed Helms is currently on it for Vacation.

Wouldn't it be great if their was a part of the app where Waze would give the user prompts and they could record themselves, or a friend, or family member saying them. (i.e. "In point 2 miles turn left." "Make a U-turn at the next light" ETC.)

Users could have their best friend tell them directions, or their grandpa, whoever they want. And if they also…

61 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. הערכת פקקים לפי שעה

ווייז יאגרו את המידע לגבי פקקים בצמתים וכבישים בכל הארץ (מה שככל הנראה כבר נעשה)
    וישתמשו במידע הזה כדי לחזות פקקים עתידיים בשעות מסוימות.
    הכוונה היא שאם עכשיו בוקר ואני מתכנן לצאת אחר הצהריים לכיוון עיר מסוימת אני אוכל כבר עכשיו לבדוק את הערכת הפקקים הממוצעת בשעות האלה בדרך שאני מתכנן לנסוע ולא רק בלייב של אותו הרגע.
    כמובן שיש בלת״מים כגון תאונות וכו׳. אך עדיין זה יעזור רבות לשפר תכנון זמנים.

61 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. 한국어 Korean Voice Language for navigation

Waze is among growing & popular daily navigation application among Korean community. Is there are plan for the support for the language?
    Google maps is already supporting it.

59 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Using location other than current location as starting point

I would like to be able to enter a location other than my current one to check routes for others.

56 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. put music controls on the waze screen so I can forward, back, pause and play my music whilst watching the waze screen

Please can you put music controls onto the main screen. I listen to my smartphone music in my car and it would be great to be able to fast forward, rewind, paus and play tracks whilst keeping the waze screen visible. Thanks.

53 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. 53 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Pause playback during audio alerts (for audiobooks)

Currently the Waze sounds turn the volume of whatever is playing the background down, causing me to miss words of audiobooks. Add an option for "Audiobook mode" to pause playback during Waze alerts/navigation voice.

53 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Put current speed on CarPlay Waze

CarPlay Waze is missing the current speed that appears on iPhone only Waze. Please put the current speed on either the iPhone screen or CarPlay screen. Thanks

52 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Higher contrast roads in night mode

When driving at night, I can barely see thin grey roads against the black background. Meanwhile, as I pass roads that need to be verified (chomped), I see all the bright white dots. I'd prefer to have more emphasis on the roads I'm actually using. It's distracting, and distractions when driving, at night no less, are a bad idea!

I have an iPhone 5. Although I have not used waze on other devices, I would assume they have the same color scheme, and thus the same issue.

Alternatively, provide a means to customize the night color scheme like you can…

52 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Add classical language Tamil to get more wazeians in India, Singapore,Malaysia, Canada, France, German and britain

Add classical language Tamil to get more wazeians in India, Singapore,Malaysia, Canada, France, German and britain. Tamil is one of the language which is spoken around 85 countries with considerable population. Consider and make more wamilains (wazeians + tamilians)

50 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Music player

Bring back the music player button on the Waze app

50 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your suggestion! As you may already know, Waze is now integrated with several audio apps including Spotify, Deezer, TuneIn, iHeart Radio, Pandora and more. Just go to Settings > Audio Player and pick your favorite app.

17. Express Lanes - Avoid Express Lanes option

A nice feature would be a setting to avoid Express Lanes, like the ones on I95 (I-95) that require the EZ-Pass. Currently the only way to do this is to enable "Avoid Toll Roads." However this makes my route avoid the tunnel or bridge that I DO want to use. Avoiding the tunnel or bridge would add 20 or more minutes to my drive.
    Basically, separate out the luxury Express Lanes from toll roads and create another setting for them.
    Thank you.

49 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your suggestion! As you may know, Waze offers HOV routing for taxis. To change your vehicle type go to Settings > Vehicle type. There are currently no plans to add more HOV options.

18. Display the road speed, ie at 60 mph on the iphone screen for every road. I need to know what the road speed limits are for every section.

Display the road speed, ie at 60 mph on the iphone screen for every road. I need to know what the road speed limits are for every section.

49 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Waze calculates time to leave, sends reminder to leave, so I can be at "x" on time

Waze calculates what time I should leave and sends a notification (text, etc), based on current traffic and what time I would like to be at my final destination.
    Example:
    I have to pick up a friend at 5PM, but I am still at work. Waze sends me a note, predicting that I should leave by 4:25PM to arrive at my friend's location for approx 5PM.

48 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Routing overview

I would like a routing overview option to easily access when driving for two reason:
    1: For longer routes to see were I am in the country.
    2: For shorter routes to have an overview of the traffic situations.

This option could be a button directly on the map, maybe as an option to turn on/off from Settings or as an option in the pop up window where the mute, stop navigation, navigation list and recalculate route are.

48 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Possibilities:
    - check next turns list by clicking on the directions panel on the top, select ‘next turns’ tab
    - check reports on the route by clicking on the directions panel on the top, select ‘reports ahead’ tab
    - check map view of your route by clicking on ETA bar at the bottom, select ‘Routes’ and then ‘map view’

1 2 5 7 9 51 52
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base