Use this forum to vote on and add ideas to improve Waze.

Dangerous areas in Brazil

Unfortunately we have some problems about some dangerous areas... Another person got killed because of a bad route... http://g1.globo.com/rio-de-janeiro/noticia/2015/10/relembre-ataques-de-bandidos-do-rj-motoristas-e-passageiros-perdidos.html
I think waze could have an option to avoid these unsafe areas...

2,416 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Milene shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

9 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Lukas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Did anyone try to contact your local Waze Map Editor community about this? Danger areas could be be marked in the map or streets there changed to "private" so that transit traffic will avoid these.

• Sergio commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This feature is absolutely necessary in Brazil. People have already been killed driving in hazordous areas. A MUST HAVE feature in waze these days.

• Dante Barba commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is incredibly necessary. Argentina, Brazil, Colombia, for example have areas that are not navigable. Routing drivers through them could be problematic. On the past month I avoided a hazardous zone by reviewing the route. Making an option to "avoid counting through hazardous zones" would be great!.

• Ana María commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

That has happen also to me, I live in Colombia an there are some streets or areas that are too dangerous to drive in, you can get robbed or something worst, and of course sometimes I have to drive alone and I'm a woman so it's even worst :(

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

definitely, we could have 2 options.
    - Avoid Dangerous areas (this is the same of avoid toll scenario)
    - Flag as dangerous place temporarily - this is the same scenario when you flag speed camera or even weather conditions.

this will might not be useful for the rest of the world, but definitely for country as Brazil or any that has the same issues. Please consider implementing it ASAP

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Basta identificar e diferenciar os bairros das favelas. Tem software de GPS que faz isso, por o Waze não cópia? Ex: Favela Cidade de Deus, ao invés de cidade de Deus somente.

Feedback and Knowledge Base