Use this forum to vote on and add ideas to improve Waze.

Heads up Display (HUD)

make an heads up display icon so that the user can place it on their dash and the reflection will show up on the windshield.. for night time driving whee it is safer to stare closer to the road versus looking down...other apps use this idea but they dont have the GPS ability..it will set waze apart from all other GPS systems..and make it look extra cool!

3,558 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    AnonymousAnonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

131 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Akiva PearlmanAkiva Pearlman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Couldn't agree more. Let me chime in here: Waze is by far the best smartphone GPS system out there - and getting better all the time. HUDglass is providing a tremendous service by providing the ability to not have to take your eyes away from the road. If these 2 technologies were combined, it would create a dynamic duo and one which many users, including myself, would be more than willing to pay a fee for! It also is easy to implement - just provide a button for reverse imaging to show up on the glass. Perhaps an hour at most for a coding expert to implement.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A heads up display would really make this the top app it nearly is. Without HUD, I rarely am able to use it. Seems disappointing that a quality app like this does not have a HUD setting. I am using a HUD speedo app until Waze wakes up and puts the mode in its settings

• DelDel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I use Waze all the time its my go to app for navigation. If it had a HUD mode it would surpass all other navigation apps out there. I would even go as far as saying i would pay a small fee for this option as it adds so much to what is already a great app.

• Risterucci FrançoisRisterucci François commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

bonjour,
        Un affichage tête haute (HUD) ou effet miroirs serait bien utile en ce qui me concerne, et surtout augmenterais sérieusement la sécurité. Sur androïde.....
        Cordialement

• SnakerSnaker commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I use wake every drive. I want HUD mode so I can use it with Hudway Glass.

• Damiano RoosminDamiano Roosmin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For iPhone users who are willing to jailbreak their phones, I have a simple and affordable solution to the need for HUD while using Waze. Just jailbreak your iPhone (up to IOS 9.3.3) and install an apt from Cydia called "HUD mode" and voila, you can reverse (mirror mode) your IOS apps, including Waze. In this way, the cheapest solution is to put a sticky rubber pad on top of the dashboard to place your iPhone and reflect the screen to the windscreen (windshield if you prefer) and you can read Waze screen in the correct orientation. For even clearer view during morning/afternoon drives, buy a cheap opaque HUD film for the windscreen to help you see the image clearer. But for the ultimate view, order an HUD Mobile Navigation Bracket for around $15, and you're set to enjoy the best Waze experience ever, for the price.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7

Feedback and Knowledge Base