Skip to content

Waze Suggestion Box

Welcome and thank you for your interest in improving Waze!
As you share your ideas, here are a few friendly reminders:
  • There’s power in numbers! Search through existing suggestions to see if there's someone else with a similar idea and upvote it.
  • You can build upon an idea -- simply comment below your fellow Wazer's submission.
  • This forum is intended for user feedback and ideas. If you have an issue which needs support, please visit our help center.
Terms and conditions
  • Any comments, feedback, ideas, reports, suggestions, or other information you provide to Waze (part of Google LLC) about Waze products and services (collectively “Feedback”) is not part of your personal data.
  • You agree not to disclose, in your Feedback, to Waze any information, such as third-party information, that you are obligated to maintain as confidential.
  • Waze has no obligation to use your Feedback.
  • By submitting your Feedback in this page, you acknowledge that you are of the minimum age required to provide data processing consent in the applicable country where you are located and that you provide permission to Waze, and its affiliates, to use your Feedback and any information that personally identifies you to improve Waze’s current and future products and services in accordance with Waze's Privacy Policy (waze.com/legal/privacy).
  • Please avoid providing any personal information in your Feedback.
  • Providing a name, when submitting Feedback, is optional. If you choose to provide your name, it will be publicly displayed in this forum next to your Feedback. You can delete your name and provide your Feedback as an anonymous user at any time.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

260 results found

1. current road name

I would like to see a feature similar to Garmin and other gps units that displays the current road I you ar driving on. This would be for when you are not using navigation directions but rather just driving around on day to day activity's. This could also replace the wording at the bottom of the screen that says something like good morning, which is where it could display the current street that you are on. This would helpful when I am out just driving around and want to know what street I am on with out looking for a…

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Is there any way to keep Keith Morrison as a voice option on Waze?

As of April 2nd Keith Morrison was no longer a voice option. It would be great if you had him as full time selection option.

64 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your suggestion!
    As you probably know, some of the voices we feature are promotional, meaning they are only available for a limited time.
    We offer special voices for holidays, events, and just for fun.
    You can use these for the length of the promotion. When the promotion ends, your voice will reset to the default and the voice will no longer appear in the Sound menu.

We hope that you enjoyed the voice while it was available and can’t wait to share more exciting voices to come!

Want to try another voice?

Tap Menu and tap the Settings wheel.
    Tap Voice & sound.
    Tap Voice Language and select the voice you’d like to use.

3. I would love to see Waze on the Samsung Gear S3.

As far as I can tell, the Gear S3 can be purchased with a Data plan via AT&T, so theoretically it would be possible to use Waze on a smart watch with both GPS and Data. I would absolutely pay for a smartwatch version of your app, as would many other people! Having my phone out to use Waze when commuting daily is a bit cumbersome, but using it on a smart watch just to keep an eye out for traffic / police would make me use it every time I step foot in my car. I truly hope you…

233 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We are currently not planning on adding Samsung Gear support.
    Stay tuned for more feature updates on Waze’s blog and social pages on Facebook and Instagram.

4. Voice ads instead of popping ads that would block the navigation screen.

Hi Waze team, have an idea/suggestion...

Instead of popping out ads during users’ navigation, why not let the Voice Direction narrate the ads? So it would be a voice ad, like in the fm radio. And you can also add a cute lil “go-to” button on the navigation screen so users can tap on it and gets navigated to the shop/advertiser if applicable and necessary.

Reason being is; when you pop out ads while users are navigating, typically it would block the navigation screen, and users would just:
    - either ignore with hopes that the ad would go away quickly…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Bring back Altimet’s voice!!!!!

Please bring back the Liberty Mutual voice of Altimet!!! We love him and it’s so disappointing that you took him away!

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

As you probably know, some of the voices we feature are promotional, meaning they are only available for a limited time.
    You can use these for the length of the promotion. When the promotion ends, your voice will reset to the default and the voice will no longer appear in the Sound menu.

We hope that you enjoyed the voice while it was available and can’t wait to share more exciting voices to come!

Tap Voice & sound.

6. Screen saver-prevent screen burn

Need to make a screen saver so that the screen does not burn. I have had 2 phones that now have ghosting from the screen being on while navigating. Maybe add an option to have the screen go dark between turns.

46 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The Report button was designed to be noticed while blending in and it’s important to keep it as is.
    However, we will revisit this idea when working on Dark mode, in the future. Furthermore, since this is a physical issue that OLED phones suffer from in different apps, we recommend to use Battery Saver mode to allow your display some rest from bright colors that might lead to this dysfunction.
    Stay tuned for more features and updates on Waze’s social pages on Facebook and Instagram.

7. Premium levels - paid advertising opt out, enterprise vehicle route/tracking

Totally get why Waze needs ads for the free version.

Let me subscribe to opt out of ads and you've got my money monthly.

And if I were running a fleet of trucks, cabs or limos, I'd be totally willing to pay for integrated route planning & vehicle tracking.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. FIX YOUR FUCKING ADS

EVERYTIME a stupid fucking ad comes on i have to click out of it while im driving and EVERYTIME i almost get in a wreck.
    Mind you im a 47 year old woman and just using this app is a struggle for me.
    I cant be clicking in and out of things while im driving because its a hazard to me and others on the road.
    I need to be able to see where I'm going but i cant because a stupid fucking ad pops up.
    Its DANGEROUS. Im going to start recording my screen every time i use waze…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Other Side Reporting

You used to have "Other Side of Road" for reporting. It was AWESOME and I used to report vehicles on the other side on the shoulder, and appreciated getting the notification about that. It's only available with the Police now; please bring that back. Why did you take it away?

607 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This suggestion will not be implemented for the time being. Adding more and more options to reporting, especially for less popular types of reports such as other side which will also require another window/card, is not something we are aiming for at the moment. Please be aware that other side reporting is already available by voice using the Google Assistant! We believe investing in voice can create essentially a better and more scalable experience and we hope to bring it to more languages soon.
    Stay tuned for more features and updates on Waze’s social pages on Facebook and Instagram.

10. Keep The Grand Tour voices!

I downloaded your app just to use them. I love having James May telling me where to go! :-p

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Tap Voice & sound.

11. Bring back opposite lane reporting

Why on earth was opposite direction reporting removed? I could get quite sarcastic right now, but it's too early..

133 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Why is the Morgan Freeman voice missing from the sound options?

Why is the Morgan Freeman feature missing? I had it for most of the day yesterday and now it is gone and your support page doesn't help at all and when I email you guys questioning this you send me a noreply email saying check FAQ....gee thanks

259 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your suggestions!
    Some of the voices we feature are promotional, meaning they are only available for a limited time.

Tap Voice & sound.

13. Waze on android wear and smart watches.

Hi
    The app is fine but needs some improvement.
    First of all is all about android wear or apple watch.

Its very safer you check directions on your watch or remind alerts by shaking watch

44 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your suggestion! We are currently not planning on adding support for Watches or other wearable devices.
    Stay tuned for more features and updates on Waze’s blog and social pages on Facebook and Instagram.

14. "Change orientation” button. Notifies waze that the orientation of the car is the opposite than what waze thinks

Effective when coming out of a parking spot for two reasons: 1. To correct waze when noticing it is wrong. 2. If one can come out of the parking spot to two different directions, the button allows checking which way will consume less time, and choosing the direction appropriately.

58 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Jaguar

Jaguar Land Rover InControl Apps full integration please!!!

357 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your suggestion! We are currently not planning on adding InControl support, since Waze works with both CarPlay and AndroidAuto, which should be available in most car models. Stay tuned for more features and updates on Waze’s blog and social pages on Facebook and Instagram.

16. Final destination announcement/display.

When using a favorite or getting an address from a calendar event, it is often difficult to know exactly where the destination is. without having the full address displayed upon arrival. Rather than saying "You have arrived at your destination," it would be better to say "You have arrived at 3478 NW XX st.

70 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

21 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Multiple Stop Navigation.

Having an option for multiple stop navigation for the likes of white van drivers, taxis, service engineers and sales reps.
    This Idea would have:
    1. Starting point (maybe home or the office but open),
    2. all the locations for the day (starting with the closest to the starting point and ending with the nearest to the finishing point).
    3. Finishing point (again maybe home or the office but open)
    The concept would be the shortest routes around all these destinations and in turn getting standard information from this section of the driving community,

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for this suggestion.
    This idea has been being discussed for a while and recognized as an important user request.
    We hear the community’s voice and would like to share that while we can’t currently commit to a timeline, we do have plans to create a way to add more than one stop pre-drive.
    We’ll keep the community posted, please stay tuned!

18. Improve navigation at private installations

Please modify the app's map to display gate icons representing gates that were previously created in the editor. Each icon will be invisibly linked to a nearby private road segment. When the gate is closed, the normal penalty for a private road will be applied to the route should this wazer's route include the segment. If the gate is open, there will be no penalty when this wazer's route traverses the segment.

An example of how this works would be a gated neighborhood with a main entrance where all visitors must enter and a private entrance that may be used…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This suggestion will not be implemented for the time being, since we’re focusing on features which would potentially benefit larger groups of Wazers.
    Stay tuned for more features and updates on Waze’s social pages on Facebook and Instagram

19. Have an Apple watch app.

I'm deaf myself. I love the Apple maps notifying me when it's time to turn since I can't hear the gps. But I love Waze because of its features. But I would love it more if it had the turn by turn notifications on my watch. It would be so much more helpful.

96 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your suggestion! We are currently not planning on adding Apple Watch support.
    Stay tuned for more features and updates on Waze’s blog and social pages on Facebook and Instagram.

20. State line alerts/voice prompt

I love Waze, I use it all the time! I drive almost 2000 miles a week for work, One thing I would love to have as a feature is state prompts or when you cross the state line if it announced welcome to "state name". sometimes when you're driving on back roads they don't always have the Stateline sign, I've even missed The big ones on the highway. It would just be nice to have a voice prompt simply say welcome to "state name" thanks!

66 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base