Skip to content

Waze Suggestion Box

Welcome and thank you for your interest in improving Waze!
As you share your ideas, here are a few friendly reminders:
  • There’s power in numbers! Search through existing suggestions to see if there's someone else with a similar idea and upvote it.
  • You can build upon an idea -- simply comment below your fellow Wazer's submission.
  • This forum is intended for user feedback and ideas. If you have an issue which needs support, please visit our help center.
Terms and conditions
  • Any comments, feedback, ideas, reports, suggestions, or other information you provide to Waze (part of Google LLC) about Waze products and services (collectively “Feedback”) is not part of your personal data.
  • You agree not to disclose, in your Feedback, to Waze any information, such as third-party information, that you are obligated to maintain as confidential.
  • Waze has no obligation to use your Feedback.
  • By submitting your Feedback in this page, you acknowledge that you are of the minimum age required to provide data processing consent in the applicable country where you are located and that you provide permission to Waze, and its affiliates, to use your Feedback and any information that personally identifies you to improve Waze’s current and future products and services in accordance with Waze's Privacy Policy (waze.com/legal/privacy).
  • Please avoid providing any personal information in your Feedback.
  • Providing a name, when submitting Feedback, is optional. If you choose to provide your name, it will be publicly displayed in this forum next to your Feedback. You can delete your name and provide your Feedback as an anonymous user at any time.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

16754 results found

1. Botão de Pânico

Que tal um botão de pânico, amigos ou parentes e outros usuários receberiam um alerta quando o botão fosse ativado em caso de o motorista estiver sentindo-se mal, ou sendo assaltado.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. report lane changes in yards not feet

when distance is set to miles, small distances are reported in feet, yards is more commonly in use ( at least for significant distances of say 1000 feet (300!yards)) in uk

95 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

40 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Alarms instead of notifications

I love the "Later" option for planning trips but the reminder notifications go missed quite often. A few options would be great.
    1. Make a Calendar event (or part of an existing one) so that reminder alarms can be used based on your default settings. If it would adjust to 15 mins (or user determined) before you need to leave that would be awesome.
    2. Allow the user to set the time before you need to leave... getting a reminder saying "Leave Now" is not realistic... let us decide how much time we need before the "leave by" time.
    3.…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. añadir limite maximo de velocidad de coche, furgoneta,camion,autobus...e.t.c. de este modo se puede calcular con mas exacti

buenas, añadir porfavor limite maximo de velocidad de coche, furgoneta,camion,autobus...e.t.c.
    de este modo se puede calcular con mas exactitud la hora de llegada.
    tambien se puede añadir que tipo de vehiculo utilizo...
    una mas, se pierde con facilidad la cubertura del gps

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Provide phone number for customer service

Provide customer service phone number for tech and other problems

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Add James Earl Jones as a voice navigation option.

I think adding James Earl Jones as a voice navigation option would be fun!

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Afficher heure d'arrivée à l'étape de en simultanée heure arrivée à destination

Si étape sur un circuit afficher en simultané heure arrivée étape et destination

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. turn off photo request at destination

The "add photo" when you reach your destination is annoying, and unnecessary. Please give an option to disable.

294 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. warning about use when driving

I have found that the Waze 'safety warning' about getting input while the car is moving to be very troublesome. I get the warning in my driveway (300 meters long) while driving at 10 mph and have more inputs to do as a result. I also do input at higher speeds trying to use the microphone to speak in the destination, but it is complicated by the "safety" feature.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Make icons larger.

New version icons for haz and police are so small you have to zoom in to a small map grid to see them. When there is a problem wreck slow traffic police ahead you miss you last turnoff due to being zoomed in so close. Please give option to zoom out and still see critical icons

122 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Notorious speed trap locations/communities

There any number of notorious locations or communities that appear to prey on out of town drivers by placing hidden speed traps and adhering to exact speed limits. The locals know of them and even worse the local cops smile and wave at the same locals "speeding". By contrast they seem to relish going after out of town folks who are not likely or able to dispute a speeding ticket. Some sort of warning to unknowing folks that any speed beyond the speed limit puts you at risk.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. gravação de percurso

boa noite!

percebi um detalhe que talvez poderia melhorar no app sobre gravação de percurso de um motorista em movimento.

após dar o play, ou "ir agora" notei que o app não grava o percurso que está sendo guiado pelo motorista no celular para fazer upload no final com wifii tipo o app "strava", salvar o percurso ao vivo o tempo todo da muitas falhas de comunicação para quem não tem sinal bom de rede telefone..

os avisos sim deveriam ser ao vivo, mas a gravação de percurso deveria ficar armazenada no telefone para upload após o motorista dar o…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. S-Turn penalties

In case of traffic even light, some ways become impossible to cross, mainly ave. with more than 3 or 4 lanes.
    Proposal to include a S-Turn routing penalties in case of traffic in the crossing street.
    This will avoid routing in ways with less than 200m (safe length for lane change is S-Turn even with traffic).
    https://wiki.waze.com/wiki/Routing_penalties

44 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. To stop WAZE from automatically shutting down

Could it be possible to keep WAZE active, until the user closes the app down. Ok here is what WAZE has done for years. You activate waze, put in your route and go. You then minimize Waze. Waze happily stays active if you are on the move. BUT become stuck in traffic, Waze will just shutdown. Could Waze be designed to not shutdown the app if minimised, when you are stuck in traffic. It is so annoying. You won't realise Waze is shutdown unless you look at your phone screen and fire Waze back up again, which well then say…

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Sinalização para "área perigosa" / Dangerous área alert

Portuguese: Seria importante ter um sinal de alerta para áreas perigosas ou de alta criminalidade aqui no Brasil. Realmente é um recurso muito importante.

English: It would be really important to have an alert such as "dangerous area ", for areas with hogh number of criminality, here in Brazil.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Mark bad quality road

There are so many roads witch are paved, but the quality is so awful, its more like driving on dirt road or trail. Would be great to mark bad quality roads so I could avoid driving there and save my car instead of braking it driving trough. Of course there should be an option to avoid bad quality roads also in the Waze app. I hope to see this feature in soon future. Best regards

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Fix the follow my friend, it used to show the icon and how far. Also bring back the moving icon on the follow my friend drive

The map used to have a feature that would have a friends icon that would move on the map instead of every 5 or 10 minutes. Also can you fix the follow my friend on the home map that used to show as a icon of your friend on the right side along with their status if there trip.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Stop forcing toll routes

I use waze every day for my daily commute and love almost everything about the app.

That being said, I am frustrated with a recent update in regards to the routing options. I used to be able to select avoid toll roads, and all of the routes provided would be toll free. Now, even if I have avoid toll roads selected, there is still one or more routes showing toll options. I live here, I know where the toll roads are, and if I wanted to spend an extra $100/wk I wouldn't need Waze as those roads always have less…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. safe routes

Dear,
    I write them because I love the app, however when I use the app at night, I would like it to include safe routes, I know that for you may sound strange, but in my country there are routes that during the night in certain points of the city is Extremely dangerous to go through assaults, robberies or kidnappings. It would be interesting to be able to work on creating safer but less efficient routes alternatives when you deem it convenient.

I hope you like my idea and I love working on it.
    Best regards.
    Jorge Sánchez
    Metallurgical engineer.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. PELIGRO, GRACIAS A WAZE UN DELINCUENTE HA EVITADO EL CONTROL POLICIAL

No me gustaría que a mi hijo lo atropellara un conductor borracho que acaba de evitar un control de la policía gracias a los avisos en Waze, o que un delincuente mate a alguien porque ha evitado dichos controles y sigue haciendo de las suyas, incluso que un comando terrorista siga su camino porque ha sido informado de los puestos de control de la policía.
    NO A LOS AVISOS DE PUESTOS DE CONTROL DE LA POLICÍA. ELIMINEN ESA OPCIÓN DE WAZE.
    ¡¡¡POR QUERER AHORRAR UNA MULTA PONEMOS EN RIESGO NUESTRA VIDA Y LA DE LOS DEMÁS!!!!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base