Skip to content

Waze Suggestion Box

Welcome and thank you for your interest in improving Waze!
As you share your ideas, here are a few friendly reminders:
  • There’s power in numbers! Search through existing suggestions to see if there's someone else with a similar idea and upvote it.
  • You can build upon an idea -- simply comment below your fellow Wazer's submission.
  • This forum is intended for user feedback and ideas. If you have an issue which needs support, please visit our help center.
Terms and conditions
  • Any comments, feedback, ideas, reports, suggestions, or other information you provide to Waze (part of Google LLC) about Waze products and services (collectively “Feedback”) is not part of your personal data.
  • You agree not to disclose, in your Feedback, to Waze any information, such as third-party information, that you are obligated to maintain as confidential.
  • Waze has no obligation to use your Feedback.
  • By submitting your Feedback in this page, you acknowledge that you are of the minimum age required to provide data processing consent in the applicable country where you are located and that you provide permission to Waze, and its affiliates, to use your Feedback and any information that personally identifies you to improve Waze’s current and future products and services in accordance with Waze's Privacy Policy (waze.com/legal/privacy).
  • Please avoid providing any personal information in your Feedback.
  • Providing a name, when submitting Feedback, is optional. If you choose to provide your name, it will be publicly displayed in this forum next to your Feedback. You can delete your name and provide your Feedback as an anonymous user at any time.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

260 results found

1. Put favorites back in recent lineup.

I am a shuttle driver and put my route address in before starting so I can quickly access them after each pick-up. You took the ability to store favorites in the recent lineup so now i will have to delete all my favorites so i can use them in my recent lineup.
    Please allow favorites to be stored in the recent lineup again?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Overlay mini map when app not at forefront

Google maps has an overlay minimap when you are not directly in the app.

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Reminder: time to take a break!

We suggest introducing notifications that would remind drivers to take a 10 minute break when they have driven for 2 hours non-stop, and after a 4 hour drive would suggest taking a 20 minute power nap.

Research by the Latvian Road Traffic Safety Directorate shows that 11,7% of drivers are at high risk of falling asleep, and 1/3 of all drivers have experienced falling asleep at the wheel for a second in the last year.

By reminding drivers how important it is to take breaks, Waze can help prevent tragic accidents and save lives.

Latvian Road Traffic Safety Directorate

2,126 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your suggestion!
    We are currently not planning on adding resting alerts or reminders.
    Stay tuned for more features and updates on Waze’s social pages on Facebook and Instagram

4. Add closure report to Android Auto

There does not appear to be a way to report a temporary closure of a road due to an accident, etc. from within the Waze Android Auto interface. Please consider adding this feature.

236 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Implement burn-in protection for AMOLED-Displays

Many users of mobiles with AMOLED-Displays report severe burn-in when using Waze on an regular basis.

Please implement an option to activate a real good working burn-in protection.

• Switching off (no dimming, the pixels must really be off!) the whole map if nothing interesting must be shown (no speed camera, no car on shoulder, no turn in 1 km or less).

and

• Rasterize next-turn bar, speedometer, report button, ETA-bar AND shift them a few pixels once per minute. (BTW: this is normal behavior on smartwatches used with display always-on for years)
    80 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The Report button was designed to be noticed while blending in and it’s important to keep it as is.
    However, we will revisit this idea when working on Dark mode, in the future. Furthermore, since this is a physical issue that OLED phones suffer from in different apps, we recommend to use Battery Saver mode to allow your display some rest from bright colors that might lead to this dysfunction.
    Stay tuned for more features and updates on Waze’s social pages on Facebook and Instagram.

7. Actress/Actor voice as navigational voice.

Waze should improve their fame more and more!
    why dont Waze use an actress/actor voice as navigational? and making money from it.
    people should buy their fav actress/actor voice.. i bet it will be a bomb!
    because mostly people get tired or sleepy sometime on the car. but if u use famous actor or u can say famous comedian with their own uniqueness it would be fun.
    it can make people laugh you know.
    This idea really popped in my mind. Hope waze agree with my Idea :D

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

“Thank you for your suggestion!
    As you probably know, some of the voices we feature are promotional so they are only available for a limited time.
    You can use these for the length of the promotion.
    We currently don’t offer a paid version of app voices.

We hope that you enjoyed the voice while it was available and can’t wait to share more exciting voices to come!

Want to try another voice?

Tap Menu and tap the Settings wheel.
    Tap Voice & sound.
    Tap Voice Language and select the voice you’d like to use."

8. Bring back Altimet’s voice!!!!!

Please bring back the Liberty Mutual voice of Altimet!!! We love him and it’s so disappointing that you took him away!

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

As you probably know, some of the voices we feature are promotional, meaning they are only available for a limited time.
    We offer special voices for holidays, events, and just for fun.
    You can use these for the length of the promotion. When the promotion ends, your voice will reset to the default and the voice will no longer appear in the Sound menu.

We hope that you enjoyed the voice while it was available and can’t wait to share more exciting voices to come!

Tap Voice & sound.
    Tap Voice Language and select the voice you’d like to use.

9. Premium levels - paid advertising opt out, enterprise vehicle route/tracking

Totally get why Waze needs ads for the free version.

Let me subscribe to opt out of ads and you've got my money monthly.

And if I were running a fleet of trucks, cabs or limos, I'd be totally willing to pay for integrated route planning & vehicle tracking.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Make Waze AUTO sleep after 5 sec when Power is UNpluged while in the App

Make a setting to make Waze AUTO sleep after 5 sec(or X sec, normal Waze countdown style Ok/Cancel box) when Power is UNpluged while in the app. This could be further improved with a "only within 5 mins of reaching a destination" setting.

I think everyone that have Waze in the car has the phone on acc power and it would be so nice not to have to remember to Sleep Waze EVERY time I get to my destination.

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Bring back the voice that says “rookie” and “newbie”

Bring back the voice that says “rookie” and “newbie”

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

As you probably know, some of the voices we feature are promotional, meaning they are only available for a limited time.
    You can use these for the length of the promotion. When the promotion ends, your voice will reset to the default and the voice will no longer appear in the Sound menu.

Tap Voice & sound.

12. Option to keep "battery saver" always on

Waze has this new "battery saver" feature that dims the screen when there is a long way until the next turn/action. As I understand, currently this feature only kicks in when the battery level is low (<25%). Or you can manually turn it on for a current trip, but it revert to the default behaviour next time you start Waze.

I suggest to add an option to keep it ALWAYS on. Because I would like to use it all the time... Even if the battery level is not low, I'd like to save it for the rest of the day.…

182 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

50 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. FIX YOUR FUCKING ADS

EVERYTIME a stupid fucking ad comes on i have to click out of it while im driving and EVERYTIME i almost get in a wreck.
    Mind you im a 47 year old woman and just using this app is a struggle for me.
    I cant be clicking in and out of things while im driving because its a hazard to me and others on the road.
    I need to be able to see where I'm going but i cant because a stupid fucking ad pops up.
    Its DANGEROUS. Im going to start recording my screen every time i use waze…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Tap Voice & sound.

15. Offer a satellite view of the map.

I like how Google maps gives me the satellite view. Why doesn't Waze do that?

275 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for this idea!
    We will not be adding a satellite layer to the client. Waze is trying to provide the best driving experience which is smooth and simple and provide drivers with the right amount of information needed to get to places. While satellite layer is great to have for exploration and panning “offline”, we don’t think it’s going to benefit drivers on the go that much and therefore we’re not going to move in that direction in the foreseeable future.

16. Smartwatch support: Would love to be able to get alerts such as police by my watch vibrating, so I don't miss any alerts.

I'd love to get alerts on my smartwatch so I can get alerts in a more discreet way.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your suggestion! We are currently not planning on adding support for Watches or other wearable devices.
    Stay tuned for more features and updates on Waze’s blog and social pages on Facebook and Instagram.

17. Double-tap to zoom in

Hello,
    Please add double tap to zoom in/out with one finger same as well as google maps
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qj0_94Ri7D4

33 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. current road name

I would like to see a feature similar to Garmin and other gps units that displays the current road I you ar driving on. This would be for when you are not using navigation directions but rather just driving around on day to day activity's. This could also replace the wording at the bottom of the screen that says something like good morning, which is where it could display the current street that you are on. This would helpful when I am out just driving around and want to know what street I am on with out looking for a…

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Voices

Dear developers, please keep the themed or promotional voices available! The work has already been done and it has already been approved by the users so do not delete the files that we have downloaded already and we like it!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Tap Voice & sound.

20. Need the ability to note that some roads are private and closed to the public.

I live on a single lane, private road that is very dangerous. Unfortunately, Waze directs drivers to use my road when there is traffic backed up on the state highway that is adjacent to my road. I would like this road to be noted as "closed to public" (i.e. non-authorized traffic) on the Waze live map.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This suggestion will not be implemented for the time being, since we’re focusing on features which would potentially benefit larger groups of Wazers.
    Stay tuned for more features and updates on Waze’s social pages on Facebook and Instagram

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base