Skip to content

Waze Suggestion Box

Welcome and thank you for your interest in improving Waze!
As you share your ideas, here are a few friendly reminders:
  • There’s power in numbers! Search through existing suggestions to see if there's someone else with a similar idea and upvote it.
  • You can build upon an idea -- simply comment below your fellow Wazer's submission.
  • This forum is intended for user feedback and ideas. If you have an issue which needs support, please visit our help center.
Terms and conditions
  • Any comments, feedback, ideas, reports, suggestions, or other information you provide to Waze (part of Google LLC) about Waze products and services (collectively “Feedback”) is not part of your personal data.
  • You agree not to disclose, in your Feedback, to Waze any information, such as third-party information, that you are obligated to maintain as confidential.
  • Waze has no obligation to use your Feedback.
  • By submitting your Feedback in this page, you acknowledge that you are of the minimum age required to provide data processing consent in the applicable country where you are located and that you provide permission to Waze, and its affiliates, to use your Feedback and any information that personally identifies you to improve Waze’s current and future products and services in accordance with Waze's Privacy Policy (waze.com/legal/privacy).
  • Please avoid providing any personal information in your Feedback.
  • Providing a name, when submitting Feedback, is optional. If you choose to provide your name, it will be publicly displayed in this forum next to your Feedback. You can delete your name and provide your Feedback as an anonymous user at any time.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

16706 results found

1. It would be nice to have a way to force the voice navigation to speak the current location and/or the next turn at any arbitrary point.

That way, if you're on a long road with no turns for a while you can get a reminder of how far to the next turn and what it is. Might also be nice if it could somehow tell you where you are at the moment, e.g., "Heading north on I-495 in Westford"

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Toll roads alert

A great feature would be the possibility to keep toll roads enabled but receive an alert when a route includes that kind of road (toll road)

44 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Abbreviations

use abbreviations for hazzards B (breakdown recovery), T (Tire Debris) R (Road works) F (Fog) etc
    Also for Police Alert, in MA police are required for road works so it is not a speed trap

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Multiple stops in any order

Allow users to enter multiple stops in any order and auto calculate best route. Currently you can only add stops after selecting main route and choose if its near the destination. Ideally you should be able to enter as many locations as you want and waze would just map out the optimal route.

297 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Please give me back my LONG PRESS SEARCH BUTTON on Android

I use a voice assistant that is activated by a Long Press of my Seach Button. When Waze is active that button is not available (it opens up a Waze Menu). Anyway to deactivate that so I can use my Virtual Assistant while Waze is active?

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Adding addresses needs to be user friendly

When adding an address to "Favorites" it's almost impossible. Once you type in the address, there is not "Add" button only "Back and "Close". I tried to follow the instructions it says to touch to add and I add the address and nothing happens. Impossible to add "Home" or "Work". Frustrated.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. iOS app does not remember Prompts Volume state (though the slider remembers its position)

The volume of the voice navigation always reverts back to full volume, though the slider for the Prompts Volume setting remains in the state I left it at

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Have more categories for landmarks.

One example is Golf Course (and it would be great if it is shows up as green on the maps)

Another is Construction Zone. Users can identify construction zone in the map editor to warn other user (especially those who are not familiar to the area) of potential heavy vehicles entering and exiting the construction site (a more permanent thing instead of having to report it daily)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. More comprehensive directions

Waze should be able to give more detailed and frequent directions, perhaps as a selectable option (e.g. regular "keep left/right and go straight for the next __ metres" reminders, or more frequent "turn left in __ metres" instructions every 50m rather than 100m/200m).

In one experience, the road I was travelling on split to two separate but parallel lanes, and because Waze didn't mention anything I ended up taking the wrong path. A more frequent reminder to keep left/right would have avoided this.

tl;dr make Waze more talkative.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Download new contact

When you find a destination, with phone number... youshould be able to create it as a new contact in your Iphone phonebook

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. When you find a destination you should be able to click on the map in order to optimize your destination, for ex. in a street with no number

When you find a destination you should be able to click on the map in order to optimize your destination, for ex. in a street with no number, or to go just nearby

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Change home

How do I change Home? I have wrong address when I tap it, it goes to navigation. Thanks.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. New icon for waze. I need help icon.

This new icon will be selected if you're on the road and run into trouble, broke down, need gas, car trouble. Any one else in the area would see the "i need help icon" and would be able to help if they can. It would be a great way to increase our local community of wazers. What do you think?

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Profanity filter

Include a profanity filter in the chitchat feature.

Driving alone at night, by myself, another wazer sent me profane and very disturbing message. I flagged it, but regardles, it was emotionally horrible and hindered my ability to drive safely. I have since disabled chitchat, but there's no reason profanity/profane slang should be allowed in a GPS program.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. 36 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Notify others by voice

Add an option to notify others of destination/eta by voice. This is currently a 5 tap operation without specifying a recipient.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. 911 option in app on iOS (to report accident)

I was stuck in traffic today and while stopped I witnessed an accident in the opposite direction involving a motorcycle - I closed the app to call 911 but traffic in my direction started moving before I could post update to map. I was wondering if maybe their is a way to report an accident through waze and maybe even have it automatically post a map update for other users to see (ie - using waze to call 911 would post a flag at that location as an accident)?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Auto search for a route to my work, please discontinue doing this. I am retired and don't have a work site listed!

Please disable the program from automatically popping up with a route to my work, especially since I don't have a work located because I am retired. I find this very annoying. If I want a route, I will pick a route or search for a new one manually.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Retour d'experience en vu d'amelioration de l'appli WAZE apres 3 mois d'utilisation sur les routes avec un SAMSUNG GalaxyS2

**** radar

• afficher la limite de vitesse surveillee par le radar de vitesse
    • annoncer si depassement de vitesse et vitesse limite.
    • manque avertissement a l'approche des radars de feux rouges.
    • icone radar peu visible sur le plan il faudrait les metrent en surbrillance à l'approche (l'appli Glob fait tres bien tout cela sauf qu'il n'y a pas de navigateur !) (La communauté Glob est plus belge que Francaise)

**** limitation de vitesse

• afficher les limitation de vitesse sur la portion de route en cours de parcours.

La communauté des wazer roulant en moyenne aux alentour de la limitation de vitesse…

65 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Option to use Bluetooth HSP or A2DP

Waze uses bluetooth A2DP for navifation instructions. But a lot of car sets only uses bluetooth HSP. There are apps that convert A2DP to HSP but these apps always mute the car radio. So it would be great, if Waze can send navidation instructions via HSP to a bluetooth car set. So it will mute the radio, give the navigation instruction and then unmute the radio. I think that would be a big feature, cause google maps can't do this right now.

92 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base