Skip to content

Waze Suggestion Box

Welcome and thank you for your interest in improving Waze!
As you share your ideas, here are a few friendly reminders:
  • There’s power in numbers! Search through existing suggestions to see if there's someone else with a similar idea and upvote it.
  • You can build upon an idea -- simply comment below your fellow Wazer's submission.
  • This forum is intended for user feedback and ideas. If you have an issue which needs support, please visit our help center.
Terms and conditions
  • Any comments, feedback, ideas, reports, suggestions, or other information you provide to Waze (part of Google LLC) about Waze products and services (collectively “Feedback”) is not part of your personal data.
  • You agree not to disclose, in your Feedback, to Waze any information, such as third-party information, that you are obligated to maintain as confidential.
  • Waze has no obligation to use your Feedback.
  • By submitting your Feedback in this page, you acknowledge that you are of the minimum age required to provide data processing consent in the applicable country where you are located and that you provide permission to Waze, and its affiliates, to use your Feedback and any information that personally identifies you to improve Waze’s current and future products and services in accordance with Waze's Privacy Policy (waze.com/legal/privacy).
  • Please avoid providing any personal information in your Feedback.
  • Providing a name, when submitting Feedback, is optional. If you choose to provide your name, it will be publicly displayed in this forum next to your Feedback. You can delete your name and provide your Feedback as an anonymous user at any time.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

262 results found

1. Screen saver-prevent screen burn

Need to make a screen saver so that the screen does not burn. I have had 2 phones that now have ghosting from the screen being on while navigating. Maybe add an option to have the screen go dark between turns.

46 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your suggestion!
    The Report button was designed to be noticed while blending in and it’s important to keep it as is.
    However, we will revisit this idea when working on Dark mode, in the future. Furthermore, since this is a physical issue that OLED phones suffer from in different apps, we recommend to use Battery Saver mode to allow your display some rest from bright colors that might lead to this dysfunction.
    Stay tuned for more features and updates on Waze’s social pages on Facebook and Instagram.

2. Waze on android wear and smart watches.

Hi
    The app is fine but needs some improvement.
    First of all is all about android wear or apple watch.

Its very safer you check directions on your watch or remind alerts by shaking watch

44 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your suggestion! We are currently not planning on adding support for Watches or other wearable devices.
    Stay tuned for more features and updates on Waze’s blog and social pages on Facebook and Instagram.

3. Carpool

It would be great to be able to tell the app that we are a carpool and get adjusted travel time predictions and routes maximizing use of HOV lanes when beneficial

41 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. CB-like push-to-talk (walkie-talkie) button to talk to wazers around you.

CB-like push-to-talk button to talk to wazers around you in an adjustable radius area or on the same road. This would be a very used feature in Romania, where CB transceivers are very used in cars. Many people who do not have a physical one would use the Waze alternative, and many would switch from physical CB to waze.

40 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. construction zones - Ability to mark both the start and end of the zone.

Construction Zones - Ability to mark both the start and end of the zone. This would give everyone an idea on how long to expect any change to the traffic pattern.

40 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your suggestion.
    This was discussed internally and will not be implemented at this time due to low priority.
    Stay tuned to new features and updates on our social media pages and blog.

6. Option to automatically disable WiFi

When transitioning from WiFi to 3G or vice versa, Waze often loses a connection and becomes useless, requiring us to restart the app. I imagine this would be a problem for anyone who drives by a wireless network that they use often (home, work, school, etc.) This could be avoided by giving the user the option to automatically disable WiFi connections within Waze. This option would prevent users from having to disable WiFi before starting Waze every time.

40 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Seria muito interessante que os alarmes de radar indicassem a velocidade máxima permitida no trecho

É muito bom o alarme do Waze sobre radares de velocidade, porém a ausência da informação da velocidade máxima permitida no trecho é um fator muito importante que deveria ser exibido junto com o alarme

39 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Waze for ubuntu touch

What about porting was for ubuntu touch ?
    It's a new OS but was can help to improve application option ...

38 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. windows phone app NEEDS voice command feature!

Waze is supposed to be hands free, however, for Windows Phone users, there is no voice command feature available! That means it is Not hands free... Please make an update to allow Hands Free Voice Commands available for all users to keep driving safe for everybody.

38 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. 38 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Configurable Shortcut/Hotkeys on main screen

Would be handy to have the option to add 2 or 3 of your most used functions or additional functions on the homescreen for easy access. For instance, it would be handy to be able to add a button to the homescreen that will automatically highlight petrol stations so you can hit it when you petrol light comes on

37 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Show street signs!

Let the user community add street signs and traffic lights. As a driver it would be helpful to know if a street I'm driving on has a stop sign coming up or a traffic light so I can get advanced notice of the upcoming intersection. Also it would be helpful to be able to add signs for school zones or yield signs.

I think this would be a major benifit to have this information on the map.

35 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Double-tap to zoom in

Hello,
    Please add double tap to zoom in/out with one finger same as well as google maps
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qj0_94Ri7D4

33 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Bring back T-Pain voice

Bring back T-Pain voice. It was the greatest. It made me happy and I personally got 100s of people to dowmload app to her T-Pain by posting Waze navigating mw on. Facebook

33 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

As you probably know, some of the voices we feature are promotional, meaning they are only available for a limited time.
    We offer special voices for holidays, events, and just for fun.
    You can use these for the length of the promotion. When the promotion ends, your voice will reset to the default and the voice will no longer appear in the Sound menu.

We hope that you enjoyed the voice while it was available and can’t wait to share more exciting voices to come!

Want to try another voice?

Tap Menu and tap the Settings wheel.
    Tap Voice & sound.
    Tap Voice Language and select the voice you’d like to use.

15. 33 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Make Waze AUTO sleep after 5 sec when Power is UNpluged while in the App

Make a setting to make Waze AUTO sleep after 5 sec(or X sec, normal Waze countdown style Ok/Cancel box) when Power is UNpluged while in the app. This could be further improved with a "only within 5 mins of reaching a destination" setting.

I think everyone that have Waze in the car has the phone on acc power and it would be so nice not to have to remember to Sleep Waze EVERY time I get to my destination.

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Keep The Grand Tour voices!

I downloaded your app just to use them. I love having James May telling me where to go! :-p

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

As you probably know, some of the voices we feature are promotional, meaning they are only available for a limited time.
    We offer special voices for holidays, events, and just for fun.
    You can use these for the length of the promotion. When the promotion ends, your voice will reset to the default and the voice will no longer appear in the Sound menu.

We hope that you enjoyed the voice while it was available and can’t wait to share more exciting voices to come!

Want to try another voice?

Tap Menu and tap the Settings wheel.
    Tap Voice & sound.
    Tap Voice Language and select the voice you’d like to use.

18. Multiple stops

I travel for sales and it would be great if you could load all your stops in, say up to 10 or 15 and then Waze would calculate the best and fastest route. Old cd driven gps in Grand Cherokee did that, I could really use that feature now, especially when I am out of my home state.

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for this suggestion.
    This idea has been being discussed for a while and recognized as an important user request.
    We hear the community’s voice and would like to share that while we can’t currently commit to a timeline, we do have plans to create a way to add more than one stop pre-drive.
    We’ll keep the community posted, please stay tuned!

19. Addresses in Colombia

Addresses are pretty easy to implement in Colombia, they have 2 components. The main road being it a Calle or Carrera most of the time, and the House number, made of two parts, The intersection with the opposing road, for example a Carrera would intersect with a Calle and viceversa, and the distance from the intersection. For example, Calle 45 #67-85 would be 85 meters after the intersection of Calle 45 and Carrera 67, on Calle 45 going towards calle 68. It would be pretty easy, and really convenient for users in Colombia.

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for this suggestion.
    We are aware of this need since address fields are ordered differently from one country to the other.
    Providing this flexibility in address fields is planned but it’s out of current scope so we can’t share a timeline at the moment.
    We will keep the community posted, so stay tuned!

20. I am a daily user of the waze app. It is great!! I am interested to know when you will have it work on the Apple Watch.

I have used the Maps app on the iPhone recently that coordinated with my Apple Watch and it was a nice combination. My watch would vibrate when the next turn was going to happen and also show on my watch for a quick glance.

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your suggestion! We are currently not planning on adding Apple Watch support.
    Stay tuned for more features and updates on Waze’s blog and social pages on Facebook and Instagram.

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base