Use this forum to vote on and add ideas to improve Waze.

Please offer an ad-free version of Waze.

I'm pretty sick of seeing Taco Bells, Ramada Inns, and Smart Water pop up on my map. I'd pay up to $5 for a version of Waze without advertisements.

3,018 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Mike F. shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

94 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Dan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I consider the ads a helpful feature: they tell me what businesses to avoid. Any business that advertises on a platform that disrespects users as much as Waze doesn't deserve my money. Most ads I see on Waze are for products I didn't want in the first place, but I have stopped eating at Wendy's because now the first thing I associate them with are misleading pins on my map that look like they're trying to alert me of something important. The takeover ads also look just like the popups that alert you of hazards ahead of you on your route, which means I've started ignoring those too, since I instantly dismiss any takeover out of habit. It would be really nice if there was a way to make ads get out of the way of useful features. If Waze would just accept my money, I could stop being so bitter about this. I use Waze a LOT, and it feels like cheap garbage with all the popups. Please, just name your price.

Until then, I hope some of your advertisers see this and know that they're losing business because Waze's hostile behavior is souring their name.

• db commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Omg yes! I would gladly pay an in app purchase or small subscription fee to improve the app and lose the ads

• Dante Barba commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Paid Waze version. With access to an advanced ad-free app. I think with $3mo you would perfectly compensate the ads income. Plus, an actual reward system, where if you report and edit maps, you would get discounts on Waze and access to cool features such as beta testing.

• Steven commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have an idea. Since there doesn't seem to be a rush to create a paid add-free version, how 'bout, at least, giving those of us who report the various conditions on the road a break from these damnable ads. I abhor them. Even worse is, as I believe I've said before, when you ask us which ads we've seen. I think you should pay us to answer that inane question. Sorry, I don't mean to be an a-hole, but damn. It's not as if there aren't already enough ads in life, although I do appreciate, very slightly, that they seem to only show up when I'm stopped now. Egads, though, please, have a heart and give us a way out of this pain. I've threatened to quit using Waze, as a boycott of sorts, but the fact that it works so well at routing me around nasty traffic means I continue to suffer through these insane ads. It's as if one second I'm in heaven and the next in hell. I suggest you find a way to keep your users from having to face a dilemma every time they use this app.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would pay a fee to remove those adverts, as well. They are distracting, and unnecessary! And they cover up road hazards at times so you cant see what's ahead.

• Andrew commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yea I'm off back to Google maps just because of add, I'd pay to get rid of them too

• Cindy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would be happy to pay for ads free. They always pop up at the worst time. I am probably going to switch to google maps. Love you guys but ads are a killer

Stop showing distracting and annoying ads. I am driving and I use Waze to navigate. Not to show me where I can buy mineral water. I do not drink mineral water.

Please offer an ad free version I'll happily pay! The latest release is more intrusive than ever, now when I shut Waze down a tiny advert icon appears on my home screen and stays there because the app is still running in the background.

I would immediately pay for an ad-free version too. Ads are dangerous in this type of app.

You should be allowed to delete location that you created easily for reasons as if the business moved or the wrong address was stored

• Adam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For sure! Not only are they annoying, they are DISTRACTING and unsafe, taking up a large area of the screen. I'd pay $5 in a heartbeat.

DISTRACTING AD POP-UPS ARE DANGEROUS!!!!!!
        Don't do this to people while they are driving!!!

I am willing to PAY for an AD-FREE version otherwise I will be deleting this app!!!

← Previous 1 3 4 5

Feedback and Knowledge Base