Skip to content

Waze Suggestion Box

Welcome and thank you for your interest in improving Waze!
As you share your ideas, here are a few friendly reminders:
  • There’s power in numbers! Search through existing suggestions to see if there's someone else with a similar idea and upvote it.
  • You can build upon an idea -- simply comment below your fellow Wazer's submission.
  • This forum is intended for user feedback and ideas. If you have an issue which needs support, please visit our help center.
Terms and conditions
  • Any comments, feedback, ideas, reports, suggestions, or other information you provide to Waze (part of Google LLC) about Waze products and services (collectively “Feedback”) is not part of your personal data.
  • You agree not to disclose, in your Feedback, to Waze any information, such as third-party information, that you are obligated to maintain as confidential.
  • Waze has no obligation to use your Feedback.
  • By submitting your Feedback in this page, you acknowledge that you are of the minimum age required to provide data processing consent in the applicable country where you are located and that you provide permission to Waze, and its affiliates, to use your Feedback and any information that personally identifies you to improve Waze’s current and future products and services in accordance with Waze's Privacy Policy (waze.com/legal/privacy).
  • Please avoid providing any personal information in your Feedback.
  • Providing a name, when submitting Feedback, is optional. If you choose to provide your name, it will be publicly displayed in this forum next to your Feedback. You can delete your name and provide your Feedback as an anonymous user at any time.
  • or

987 results found

1. Last time Waze behavior

Dear Waze developers, here are some notes regarding the app behavior after last updates: 1. Navigation algorithms became very unusual. Looks like the path choosing criteria now is "Longest, hardest, max.traffic way". If you are driving in a hard traffic time, the app choose the worst was almost always, especially after last updates.
    2. After accepting a phone call UI doesn't come back if the call is long enough. Its pretty hard for a driving person to get it back to the screen
    3. The Close button is too small, located in inconvenient place and sometimes doesn't respond to push.…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. The May 2023 release of Waze is terrible. Please go back to the previous version.

Here are the problems I have observed with the May 2023 release of Waze and why I would rather go back to the previous version.
    1. It defaults to having a menu open on the left asking where you want to go with the list of your frequent destinations. I preferred the previous version where if I wanted to navigate somewhere it was easy to click the search icon and bring up this menu.
    2. The menu of locations has Home and then a list of recent places I have gone. The previous version listed Home and then WORK and…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Bug or Evo: Switch on phone datas when your device is linked on wifi without internet access

When the Android device (I didn't try with Ios) is linked to other device by wifi, it's impossible to use Waze. The application say "no network connection" and close. We need to stop the wifi on the phone to use Waze with phone datas.
    A better work should be : When there is no connection with wifi, automatically switch on phone datas.

Actual example: My phone is automatically linked by wifi on my dashcam ==> Waze doesn't start because no access to data by wifi. So I need to switch off wifi, and Waze can start.

Thanks to take care…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Go Back To The Last Version of Waze!!!!

This latest update to Waze is a hot mess! I would give anything if they would undo this latest update! Why are companies always trying to fix something that isn't broken! I use this with Android Auto, the notifications now cover at least a 1/3 of the map, the "there" or "not there" feature is all but unusable, the button to report traffic issues is completely inconvenient.... it's certainly no longer safe for the driver to try to operate this system! Someone is going to have an accident just trying to use it! I'm very sad that Waze shot themselves…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Different devices on same account should allow different "keep awake/on top" options

I have an iPhone and an android Nexus 7 device I regularly use with Waze.

The Nexus 7 device is installed in the dash of my car, I want to disable "prevent device lock" option, so that when I turn off the car the device is able to go to sleep and preserve battery

When I use the iPhone in the other car, I want to have "prevent device lock" so that the phone doesnt look while it's in use. I manually sleep the Waze app in this case.

When both devices are logged into the same account, they get…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Audio alerts for speed and red light cameras

My audio alerts for speed and red light cameras stopped working a few months ago. I'm running waze directly on my phone (Google pixel 7) with the latest version of Android OS and waze app installed. My settings for alerts are correct. I see the flashing camera on the map and text alert on the screen but audio alerts are not working. I live in NYC where cameras are on every other block. Constantly monitoring the phone screen for visual alerts while driving is annoying and dangerous. I see lots of similar posts with replies from waze that the issue…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Alerts  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Speed limit alert

Hey Waze

I have a proposal that I think would help with traffic safety. You have already created a speed alert. The problem today is that it only gives an alarm once in a speed zone. To get a new alarm, you need to enter a new speed zone. I thought it might be a good idea to make it possible for you to choose to get an alarm as long as you drive too fast, and that you can choose the alarm tone and volume. In android auto, the speedometer is placed on the right side of the screen,…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Alerts  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. When in an EV, also show the regular Gas stations category in the Search menu

I'm driving an EV, so Waze replaced the Gas stations category in the search menu with "EV charging" on Android Auto. However, many EV charging stations in my country are in the middle of nowhere, or at least don't have a place to grab a quick bite or refreshing drinks like the regular gas stations have. I tried using the "Food" and "Coffee" categories, but they just search for restaurants or coffee places and are not suitable for a quick stop along the way. Also, I can't enter text in the search box while driving and I can't search for…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Android Auto  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Fix the broken Waze app "Report an Issue" feature

The Waze app "Report an Issue" section is currently broken. I have tried multiple times to fill out a feature request or navigation/bug issue which took me a good deal of time to fill out and describe, but when I hit Submit I ONLY THEN get a cryptic and frustrating, "Something went wrong" message pop-up warning box which does nothing and lets me go no further and provides no ideas as to WHAT exactly I (or the system) did wrong.

I have at least 2 good suggestions for Waze, but cannot submit them because of this problem. If you want…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Amélioration de la Sécurité

Probleme sur l’aspect sécurité pas réellement pris en compte avec Android auto

Auparavant le curseur ou action était directement positionné sur la validation d’un message et le reste du temps sur le bouton permettant de prévenir d’un danger.

Par défaut le curseur est sur Recherche qui plus est avec un peu de soleil dans la figure est très difficile à déplacer sur l'action voulue (a minima l’entourer de jaune ou autre couleur pour le voir).
    Du coup je ne valide plus rien car je suis obligé de quitter des yeux la route et je trouve celà trop dangereux.

Donc la…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Reporting issues

After recent update, I can no longer update map while driving ( construction, road hazard, police, etc.) nor can I select a destination from existing items, resecrnts, saved, etc. I have not tried to add a stop recently while moving since. I can add a destination while stopped. When I try to update I can only get it to sort of work by clicking quick and multiple times, which causes a safety pause for like 15 seconds or so and then it moves forward, but since many of these reporting items require multiple clicks to fully select, this takes too…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Málo viditeľná mapa pri zdieľaní trasy

Ahojte, posielam vam feedback k zdielaniu trasy. Nedavno ste zmenili to, ako vyzera obrazovka zdielania trasy live, ked si ju clovek otvori na svojom zariadeni (mimo PC). Tyka sa to android tabletov - po novom je cez polovicu obrazovky vyzva, aby som si nainstaloval Waze appku (cize z realnej mapy mam vyse polovicu ukrojenu). Ked tuknem na Otvorit appku, tak je to este horsie - tam uz neukazuje ani vodica (iba trasu).

Predtym to bolo ovela lepsie a krajsie, mapu bolo vidno pekne celu, no teraz ako hovorim je polovica obrazovky zabrata vyzvou na stiahnutie appky. Nerozmyslali ste, ze by…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. AA and google assistant permissions

When phone is connected to car via android auto, to use waze on car tablet, two critical issues happen.

First: if i do this after i start driving, it asks to stop the car to make the connection, which is simply moronic. Cant do that just anywhere. This does not improve the safety, quite the opposite. Let the connection be made on the go, as it used to be.

Second: It asks for permissions for google assistant to copy phone content on google servers and AA does not start until an answer is given. I DO NOT WANT TO ALLOW…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Ajouter un bouton retour sur les signalements

Il n'est pas possible de revenir à la navigation sur l'écran d'android auto lorsqu'on appuie sur le bouton pour signaler quelque chose sur la route. Il faut obligatoirement terminer le signalement pour revenir à la carte, même si on s'est trompé. Un bouton retour serait donc utile.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Honda civix EXT

2018 Honda civic EXT

RANDOM DISCONNECTS: Random disconnects that report the phone is no longer connected when it is connected. I use a Samsung S20FE. Disconnecting and reconnecting the high-quality USB cable does not help. To isolate whether the issue is the cable, I've tried multiple cables. They all have the same random disconnect issue.

SCREEN DISPLAY: I've also run into something when the connection is working and I'm using Waze (my favorite GPS app). When I use the right turn signal the screen switches from the GPS display to the side camera, as it should. But when the turn…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. BUG - Waze functionality - Locked when showing ads

Can't for the life of me find a way to report general bugs, this is however technically a suggestion, since you're free to fix your bugs...

To the problem, for some time now I've had some problem when stopping or going to a standstill where an ad pops up on the screen.
    I don't mind them at all, but what happens is that it locks the screen to only that ad and doesn't close when I start driving again, map also doesn't update in the background.
    App seems to be responsive, but I cant do anything but press the ad…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Map display  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Issues with new search UI

Recently the Waze Android app was updating with a new interface for search results. It's much worse than the previous UI.

Tonight I have been seeing results for places in New Jersey at the top of my list (I was in DC and VA), with more relevant results either further down the list or missing entirely. The results don't have the estimated time off route when searching while in process of following directions to a previously selected destination -- that was a really helpful feature. I also think it is unhelpful that the results only take up the bottom half…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Search results  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Have waze not kill my Sony Music app when they are both on at the same time.

When the waze sends an audio alert over my bluetoothed car audio system, it will stop the Sony Music app that is playing. Then when the alert is done, I will have to go in and tell the app to play again. This is frustrating.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Please fix default feature for Galaxy 21S 5G phones

The new Android Galaxy S21 does not allow your waze navigation app to be set as the default app rather than Google maps. the reason being is the tab to click on "set as default is grayed out. Therefore the tab does not work and can't set waze as the default app. I contacted T-mobil phone provider, contacted Samsung and both are telling me that the problem is the other persons issue to solve. Then Samsung told me to wait until until an update for the phone is available. My concern is that the update will not fix the problem…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. No menu/No Nav – Allow use of Menu below 5mph and when stopped

Love you guys … but … the latest update … not so much.

Catch 22. My Android Auto doesn't startup Waze until I am moving forward and by that time the Waze Menu option is (now) no longer available. I then ask Waze to “Navigate to Home” and Waze responds with my Home address (BTW it is also saved), states “Oklahoma” (not “OK”) and then returns to “non-navigation”/map display mode. I also can’t get to the saved addresses. So overall, Waze mapping efficiency has dropped significantly.

So whereas it used to be (2022) a simple “3-second button press sequence”; 1)…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base