Use this forum to vote on and add ideas to improve Waze.

Lane Guidance

While using Waze on highways lately, I have begun to think that having the ability to see what lane becomes the off ramp would be great, especially in complex city interchanges.

Portuguese: Estava usando o Waze em rodovias e comecei a pensar que seria ótimo ter a capacidade de ver qual pista pegar, especialmente em trevos complexos dentro das cidades.

Spanish: Últimamente me he dado cuenta que al utilizar waze en capitales se hace muy necesario que waze indique cual carril de una calle, avenida o autopista, llega a ser una rampa, especialmente en complejos intercambios.

4,887 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Samuel VanceSamuel Vance shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

132 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Craig EvansCraig Evans commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Lack of lane assist keeps me from using Waze. If they ever implement this, all other sat nav apps will surely die a horrible death.

• Mario CairesMario Caires commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I still don't get why this feature is not implemented yet... Quite frustrating I must say!
        I don't know what is worse, the feature not implemented after 6 years after the idea was shared or no reply from Waze about the subject!

• Psyperactive81Psyperactive81 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a great Idea, I have to go under a bridge and turn left in a traficc circle under the bridge to go home, and waze always wants me to go over the bridge and take an illegal left where I could cause an accident. This particular situacion has been reported already and is unde revision, however it is a perfect example of why this is necessary.

• StuartStuart commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Lane assist can be VERY helpful. I know Google owns you, and they have it. Please add it here.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Only feature that keeps my using Google Maps instead Waze on unknown journeys
        Please please add this .

• TATA commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, please add lane guidance, it's the only thing preventing me from switching to waze.

• gameplayaidgameplayaid commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I vote yes. Lane assistance is a great option. I find myself using Google Maps more than I would like to because of getting burned by being in the wrong lane at the wrong time with Waze. Otherwise, I prefer Waze. Thanks.

• Gwen CGwen C commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree! We have this in the Charleston, SC tri-county area! It is a great option that could be added by users.

• MartinMartin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is really needed functionality for navi app and still no progress with adding it :(

• Marcio CiolfiMarcio Ciolfi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Perfect for São Paulo, several URs per week opened just because the user uses TTS and don't reconigite the right way.

• CalteddeCaltedde commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Then at least be possible to indicate the range when there is physical separation on the road.
        In these places the distance to correct a track error, are many kilometers ....

• eddyeddy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

this is so hard to do , google it did in its maps like other gps, because waze can not or just do not care , this suggestion box is so useless , that served if just ignore it.
        this is a wishing well , nothing will be fulfilled and the years pass

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm surprised this suggestion dates back to Nov 2010 and hasn't been implemented. It is certainly a great feature to have in comparison to Google Maps.

Especially during hours of high traffic congestion, knowing which lane to be in during a multi-lane turn or on-ramp can make all the difference!

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7

Feedback and Knowledge Base