Use this forum to vote on and add ideas to improve Waze.

Lane Guidance

While using Waze on highways lately, I have begun to think that having the ability to see what lane becomes the off ramp would be great, especially in complex city interchanges.

Portuguese: Estava usando o Waze em rodovias e comecei a pensar que seria ótimo ter a capacidade de ver qual pista pegar, especialmente em trevos complexos dentro das cidades.

Spanish: Últimamente me he dado cuenta que al utilizar waze en capitales se hace muy necesario que waze indique cual carril de una calle, avenida o autopista, llega a ser una rampa, especialmente en complejos intercambios.

5,374 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Samuel VanceSamuel Vance shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

141 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

At times we have to go to great lengths to get Waze to do a "keep right" (or left) at complex intersections. We also need a "continue straight" command. Lane guidance is available in other navigators.

why hasnt waze implemented thie feature yet, its essential for most drivers, please waze hurry up and add a much neede dfeature

• KuniaKidKuniaKid commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've given up. I use Google maps with navigation in background, and Waze on screen to follow fastest route. GM will update route while I follow Waze's route. That way I still get alerts.

• JeffJeff commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As many users have indicated, I have no clue why Waze has still not implemented this. Google Maps has full lane guidance, which is hugely useful to have in unfamiliar metropolitan areas especially. Even in my own city, there are areas where lanes branch off or roads split, and Waze has no clue and doesn't even suggest staying right/left. The lack of this is the reason I use Google Maps in unfamiliar cities, Waze I usually just use on my known routes for traffic info.

• Sean MuirSean Muir commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A must if I am to start using the application again. I have moved over to Google Nav with Tom Tom Speed Camera overlay.

Please add Lane Assist, This feature is really missing, anyway Waze is perfect...

• Craig EvansCraig Evans commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Lack of lane assist keeps me from using Waze. If they ever implement this, all other sat nav apps will surely die a horrible death.

• Mario CairesMario Caires commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I still don't get why this feature is not implemented yet... Quite frustrating I must say!
        I don't know what is worse, the feature not implemented after 6 years after the idea was shared or no reply from Waze about the subject!

• Psyperactive81Psyperactive81 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a great Idea, I have to go under a bridge and turn left in a traficc circle under the bridge to go home, and waze always wants me to go over the bridge and take an illegal left where I could cause an accident. This particular situacion has been reported already and is unde revision, however it is a perfect example of why this is necessary.

• StuartStuart commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Lane assist can be VERY helpful. I know Google owns you, and they have it. Please add it here.

Only feature that keeps my using Google Maps instead Waze on unknown journeys
        Please please add this .

• TATA commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, please add lane guidance, it's the only thing preventing me from switching to waze.

• gameplayaidgameplayaid commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I vote yes. Lane assistance is a great option. I find myself using Google Maps more than I would like to because of getting burned by being in the wrong lane at the wrong time with Waze. Otherwise, I prefer Waze. Thanks.

• Gwen CGwen C commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree! We have this in the Charleston, SC tri-county area! It is a great option that could be added by users.

• MartinMartin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is really needed functionality for navi app and still no progress with adding it :(

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8

Feedback and Knowledge Base