Skip to content

Waze Suggestion Box

Welcome and thank you for your interest in improving Waze!
As you share your ideas, here are a few friendly reminders:
  • There’s power in numbers! Search through existing suggestions to see if there's someone else with a similar idea and upvote it.
  • You can build upon an idea -- simply comment below your fellow Wazer's submission.
  • This forum is intended for user feedback and ideas. If you have an issue which needs support, please visit our help center.
Terms and conditions
  • Any comments, feedback, ideas, reports, suggestions, or other information you provide to Waze (part of Google LLC) about Waze products and services (collectively “Feedback”) is not part of your personal data.
  • You agree not to disclose, in your Feedback, to Waze any information, such as third-party information, that you are obligated to maintain as confidential.
  • Waze has no obligation to use your Feedback.
  • By submitting your Feedback in this page, you acknowledge that you are of the minimum age required to provide data processing consent in the applicable country where you are located and that you provide permission to Waze, and its affiliates, to use your Feedback and any information that personally identifies you to improve Waze’s current and future products and services in accordance with Waze's Privacy Policy (waze.com/legal/privacy).
  • Please avoid providing any personal information in your Feedback.
  • Providing a name, when submitting Feedback, is optional. If you choose to provide your name, it will be publicly displayed in this forum next to your Feedback. You can delete your name and provide your Feedback as an anonymous user at any time.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

259 results found

1. Add a gate/restricted option for gated communities/parks/highways and time of travel restrictions

There are some roads that you can only travel on if you have permission, such as a private road that requires a gate code or key. There are other public roads that are only passable at certain times of the year (e.g. Hwy 120 in Yosemite due to snow conditions).

That private road may still be open to the general public during certain hours of the day. As well that public road may only be open during certain seasons. As well someone else pointed out that certain roads have turns restricted based on time of the day.

It seems like…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your suggestion!
    This suggestion will not be implemented for the time being, since we’re focusing on features which would potentially benefit larger groups of Wazers.
    Stay tuned for more features and updates on Waze’s social pages on Facebook and Instagram

2. Make favorites list unlimited and allow sharing of favorites

Make favorites list unlimited and allow for sharing favorites list with friends. This way people can use it for work of they use for multiple routes, and can share with colleagues.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Banner notifications

I would be great if a banner notification would show if the app was running in the background and a turn was approaching. Apple maps does this, and if Waze did it, there would be no reason to use Apple maps ever again.

79 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Be able to "drop a pin" at current location and add to favorites

It'd be good to be able to drop a pin at current location and give it a name and add it to favorites. The current method of having to do addresses or POI searches is not always workable--especially on small form-factor devices.

131 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Categorizing Favorites

With my Garmin, I can quickly look at my favorites list relative to my current location. ADVANTAGE: I'm hungry.....it tells me where my favorite restaurants and coffee shops are and how close. Makes it easy to return there when i'm in the area.

UPGRADE: Ability to share your favorites list with a friend, so that they can choose a place and navigate there as well!

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Seria muy util si pudieramos organizar los destinos favoritos en carpetas (ej. familia, amigos, clientes,etc.)

Seria muy util si pudieramos organizar los destinos favoritos en carpetas (ej. familia, amigos, clientes,etc.) y a su vez dentro de las carpetas nos muestre los destinos del mas cercano al mas lejano de esa forma es mas facil crear una ruta, para los que trabajamos con Waze seria genial, gracias.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Dash cam

Add dash cam features in background, auto record when car is moving, just enable feature and everything runs in background. Similar to app called witness. Record 10 segments, 6min each. Store date,time and GPS. Thought of this after learning that every car in Russia has a dash cam (all those meteor recordings).

539 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Addresses in Colombia

Addresses are pretty easy to implement in Colombia, they have 2 components. The main road being it a Calle or Carrera most of the time, and the House number, made of two parts, The intersection with the opposing road, for example a Carrera would intersect with a Calle and viceversa, and the distance from the intersection. For example, Calle 45 #67-85 would be 85 meters after the intersection of Calle 45 and Carrera 67, on Calle 45 going towards calle 68. It would be pretty easy, and really convenient for users in Colombia.

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for this suggestion.
    We are aware of this need since address fields are ordered differently from one country to the other.
    Providing this flexibility in address fields is planned but it’s out of current scope so we can’t share a timeline at the moment.
    We will keep the community posted, so stay tuned!

9. Option for pedestrian route?

I use Waze for driving, but occasionally need some direction on walking/running routes. It's only slightly different but might be a nice option.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Waze can currently direct your partial walking route when it’s a part of a drive or carpool.
    We are currently not planning on adding walking mode for complete routes.
    Stay tuned for more features and updates on Waze’s social pages on Facebook and Instagram

10. Scenic Route

Many of us love weekend road trips. Occasionally it's nice to take the scenic route instead of the fastest.

76 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Not right now  ·  9 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Show favorites on map

In other gps devices, your favorites show up on the map. For example if you have a friends house saved and you drive by you'll be able to see it on the map. So I think it would be nice to have your favorites show on the map all the time or at least have an option to turn on a feature like this.

91 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Mark locations of Christmas light displays

Need a way to allow users to mark Christmas light displays so users in the area can see them. Would be a great add..

51 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Offline map and directions available.

Offline map and directions available for driving abroad without the use of internet (roaming).

632 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Avoid parkway feature

Driving a commercial vehicle we are not allowed to go on parkways. A conventional GPS allows you to "avoid part of route" I want to be able to go on all other highways just not parkways. When it gives you a route, you should be able to avoid parkways where all truckers cannot use either

544 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Waze for WP8

It would be great for Waze to release a version for WP8. I love using Waze on iOS and it is one of the limited apps that I would miss on WP8. Thanks!

208 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Only show gas stations on my side of the freeway

When I search gas station on my route, waze also shows gas station on the other side of the freeway. Those are not reachable, unless I turn around.
    Could you improve this feature so gas stations on the other side of the freeway are excluded, or make it a settings option.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. GPS coordinates

It would be great to have a GPS dashboard panel, displaying in the same screen:
    - Longitude, Latitude & Elevation
    - Velocity
    - GPS status (fixed, not fixed, ...)
    - Signal's strength
    - Compass

Something like this picture: http://i49.tinypic.com/15chxqc.png

88 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Translucent screen Icons to prevent Screen Burn/Ghosting

My SGS II has slight screen burn from the lower icons in the corners.
    Is it possible to make the icons darker or slight translucent to prevent screen burn/ghosting, Maybe it is a good idea to make this for every static object within the waze screen.

68 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The Report button was designed to be noticed while blending in and it’s important to keep it as is.
    However, we will revisit this idea when working on Dark mode, in the future. Furthermore, since this is a physical issue that OLED phones suffer from in different apps, we recommend to use Battery Saver mode to allow your display some rest from bright colors that might lead to this dysfunction.
    Stay tuned for more features and updates on Waze’s social pages on Facebook and Instagram.

19. Auto Shutdown at Destination

When arriving at your destination have Waze prompt an Auto-Shutdown with a 10 second countdown. I always shutdown my Waze when I arrive and instead of having to click menu and then shutdown, why not have Waze offer to do it automatically. This will also save battery if people forget.

1,079 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Please make a BlackBerry 10/Playbook version!

Any thoughts on supporting the new BlackBerry 10 / Playbook OS? With the support they have for running Android apps in their own JVM this should be a slam dunk.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base