Use this forum to vote on and add ideas to improve Waze.

Lane Guidance

While using Waze on highways lately, I have begun to think that having the ability to see what lane becomes the off ramp would be great, especially in complex city interchanges.

Portuguese: Estava usando o Waze em rodovias e comecei a pensar que seria ótimo ter a capacidade de ver qual pista pegar, especialmente em trevos complexos dentro das cidades.

Spanish: Últimamente me he dado cuenta que al utilizar waze en capitales se hace muy necesario que waze indique cual carril de una calle, avenida o autopista, llega a ser una rampa, especialmente en complejos intercambios.

13,118 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Samuel Vance shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

236 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any chance this feature will be implemented before the 10th anniversary of this suggestion? ;)

• Thanos commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The fact that WAZE is not displaying what lanes to follow for interchanges or turns etc. while other navigation apps do that for a time now, tells me that this may be an "internal" issue with Google Maps competition. Can't think of other reasons (and I've seen that "competition" among product teams in a company before). So, while nobody will ever admit that in public, there's no other reason to not develop that feature for so many years that people ask about it.

• Armando Zaldivar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Completely agree. Maps has this in two ways:
    - Group of arrows at the instructions bar, with the ones you don't need dimmed.
    - Voice instructions tell you which lanes to use.

Any updates in this feature? There are many comments around the Webex about Waze being abandoned and this feature never going to be released as result.

• Tim Thompson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

very handy in places like Georgia and Illinois that seem to suddenly add a lane on the left and turn the right lane into an exit lane with no warning.

• anonymní commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is it possible to display as "overlay" to show in detail multi lane during the taking of exit.
    In detail window shows multilane and navigation recomends which needs to be taken by highliting it.

• Matt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is crucial when navigating in unknown territory - this needs to be added!

• John commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I use both Google Maps and Waze as my primary mapping/navigation aids. I prefer Waze overall, however, I always revert to GM when I go into areas that I am unfamiliar with. With today's highways, and the way that lanes are designed, if you are not in the correct lane, you are in trouble. Just recently i was taking an exit and needed to take a left, the most left lane was a U turn, the middle left lane was the actual lane i wanted, however, neither Waze, nor Street signs indicated that. I ended up going the wrong direction on the HW, pulled over, started GM and was able to figure out what i did wrong because GM clearly showed which Lane I needed to be in.

This feature would be Truly appreciated it.

This could also be extremely helpful for navigating through traffic accidents with partial lane closures and road construction where lanes are blocked. This will also support their carpool function to know how/when/where carpool lane are available

• Davidson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Os usuários do aplicativo poderiam informar em qual pista estão circulando, para melhorar a precisão do GPS e garantir uma boa informação aos demais wases.

• Fabian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Pas grand chose à rajouter, c'est un manque par rapport à la concurrence, même le GPS Coyote le propose !!!

TBH, of all navigation maps (including Apple Maps, Google Maps, TomTom, Garmin, etc.), they have lane guidance except Waze. A road has not always a one or two lane. But it can extend up to 5 lanes or rather than that. The signs are not always posted for every meters passed. This navigation app is created to have focus-driving attention to the drivers. Lane guidance too, they reminding drivers which lane is recommended to pass. Waze will be not bulky to put that feature, but it will gonna help thousands of drivers driving at highways, freeways and many-lane streets.

• Ron commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I use waze locally, however when I go out of my area, I switch to gmaps just to have this feature, so I do not need to make last minute lane changes

← Previous 1 3 4 5 11 12

Feedback and Knowledge Base