Use this forum to vote on and add ideas to improve Waze.

Lane Guidance

While using Waze on highways lately, I have begun to think that having the ability to see what lane becomes the off ramp would be great, especially in complex city interchanges.

Portuguese: Estava usando o Waze em rodovias e comecei a pensar que seria ótimo ter a capacidade de ver qual pista pegar, especialmente em trevos complexos dentro das cidades.

Spanish: Últimamente me he dado cuenta que al utilizar waze en capitales se hace muy necesario que waze indique cual carril de una calle, avenida o autopista, llega a ser una rampa, especialmente en complejos intercambios.

11,149 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Samuel Vance shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

223 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This could also be extremely helpful for navigating through traffic accidents with partial lane closures and road construction where lanes are blocked. This will also support their carpool function to know how/when/where carpool lane are available

• Davidson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Os usuários do aplicativo poderiam informar em qual pista estão circulando, para melhorar a precisão do GPS e garantir uma boa informação aos demais wases.

• Fabian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Pas grand chose à rajouter, c'est un manque par rapport à la concurrence, même le GPS Coyote le propose !!!

TBH, of all navigation maps (including Apple Maps, Google Maps, TomTom, Garmin, etc.), they have lane guidance except Waze. A road has not always a one or two lane. But it can extend up to 5 lanes or rather than that. The signs are not always posted for every meters passed. This navigation app is created to have focus-driving attention to the drivers. Lane guidance too, they reminding drivers which lane is recommended to pass. Waze will be not bulky to put that feature, but it will gonna help thousands of drivers driving at highways, freeways and many-lane streets.

• Ron commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I use waze locally, however when I go out of my area, I switch to gmaps just to have this feature, so I do not need to make last minute lane changes

Come on, Waze. You're part of Google now, and Google Maps has lane guidance. There's no good reason for you not to have this yet.

• James Tintinger commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1 for lane guidance please! Been a wazer for a few years and its always been my main gripe. 10548 votes and its not on your roadmap? strange.

I think there really needs to be some more specific lane data, at least about hazards and accidents. I have passed a whole large and thick tire in the middle of the road, which was hidden because of other cars ahead. If I hadn't pulled on the adjacent lane just a few seconds earlier by chance, I would have gotten come very serious damage to the underside of my car. Several times, gigantic potholes have almost ripped my tire off.

Lane specificity is a must to prevent incidents like this.

Also, flood gauge or depth reports would help, by lane if possible. 1 inch of flooding is nothing and could provide a safe route to escape an even more devastated area, although a large visible timestamp is essential too for this because conditions change rapidly during a flood. Reporting 5 feet of flooding that looks like less could save many lives. Hurricane Harvey and flooding earlier in Houston made that very clear.

That's the only thing missing from waze and consequently the reason I don't want to use it

• Corey Wong commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Lane assist feature is the one and only reason I use Google map over Waze. Waze is such a good app but lacks this most important feature driving in a city. Please add this feature already for God's sake!

• Zsolt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The only 'poorness' of Waze is the lack of lane assist. Why?! Please develop the app ASAP!!! Bests from Hungary!

• Khae commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please update waze. I prefer waze but it has no lane assist. Please add it will help make roads safer than realising to switch causing accidents

• Dax Rovira Romero commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Every driver in the world will love you once you add lane guidance, until then you will always be 2nd best to Google Maps.

• Caltedde commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There is no reason to follow this suggestion. Over 10,000 votes and no action. You already know that you will not implement this.
        Good lucky for you.

• Allan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Lane Guidance Please
        You are now owned by Google, it already is in google maps this should be a no brainer
        Why are you not listening to the people who love waze and want to make it better ???

← Previous 1 3 4 5 11 12

Feedback and Knowledge Base