Skip to content

Waze Suggestion Box

Welcome and thank you for your interest in improving Waze!
As you share your ideas, here are a few friendly reminders:
  • There’s power in numbers! Search through existing suggestions to see if there's someone else with a similar idea and upvote it.
  • You can build upon an idea -- simply comment below your fellow Wazer's submission.
  • This forum is intended for user feedback and ideas. If you have an issue which needs support, please visit our help center.
Terms and conditions
  • Any comments, feedback, ideas, reports, suggestions, or other information you provide to Waze (part of Google LLC) about Waze products and services (collectively “Feedback”) is not part of your personal data.
  • You agree not to disclose, in your Feedback, to Waze any information, such as third-party information, that you are obligated to maintain as confidential.
  • Waze has no obligation to use your Feedback.
  • By submitting your Feedback in this page, you acknowledge that you are of the minimum age required to provide data processing consent in the applicable country where you are located and that you provide permission to Waze, and its affiliates, to use your Feedback and any information that personally identifies you to improve Waze’s current and future products and services in accordance with Waze's Privacy Policy (waze.com/legal/privacy).
  • Please avoid providing any personal information in your Feedback.
  • Providing a name, when submitting Feedback, is optional. If you choose to provide your name, it will be publicly displayed in this forum next to your Feedback. You can delete your name and provide your Feedback as an anonymous user at any time.
  • or

854 results found

1. Indications regarding the police

I am very pleased about the alerts of the app, however there is one alert I would recommend to eliminate: proximity of police. It may be that with this alert we are providing very valuable information to criminals that will be very happy to avoid facing police officers, even avoiding police controls displayed to stop such criminals. In the same way these alerts provide a heads-up to drivers that may be driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol, under excessive speed or with non appropriate vehicles. I do not endorse providing these alerts because of the mentioned shortfalls.…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Alerts  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Please

hello, good evening, my opinion of posting an idea to contribute to improving the application is that it would be very good if it had an option for larger vehicles (trailer, truck) .and a specific map to collaborate with with their route. because it makes life much easier for truck drivers and carriers. creating a map that does not pass through the city. because it often ends up damaging, pulling wires, and getting a fine for passing through the city area. And it would be nice to be able to find good and safe gas stations so I…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Add an emergency broadcast system for active shooter nearby

My kids go to a TX university where they have a fairly robust emergency broadcast system for students who opt into the service. They are texted when 'authorities' (there are validation cycles/sources) have determined an emergency situation is in process notifying students of an active situation (either active shooter or lockdown for violent person escape/at large).

I know Waze does have some features with other traffic or EMS emergency notification features, but I think there might be a valid case to use the Government and Public Safety alert systems for people who are within a mile of an active…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Region of Peel: Traffic Operations - We contact you to inform you of a navigation issue in Caledon, ON

Belfountain, Caledon ON, is sending vehicles to a private property, further causing vehicles to realize this is a dead end, and causing a traffic issue with constant U-turns.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Sailor Moon on Waze

Since Waze has done licensed media themes moods, voices and vehicles in the past, I would like to see Sailor Moon themed moods, voices and vehicles in a future Waze update.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. screen rotation

Screen rotation. I use Waze on android, and I don't have a phone holder in many of the vehicles I drive for work, so I invert my phone (because the charging cable is plugged in) and put it in the cup holder. The map does not re-orient with the phone rotation, so the map and everything on it is upside down. It's been like this for a long time and I'm kinda getting used to it, but it would be nice to not perform mental gymnastics to figure out what I need to do while I'm also supposed to…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Map display  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Phone and New Cameras (Melbourne - Victoria)

Hello, Melbourne (Victoria) has introduced Smart Phone Cameras to fine people for using smart devices while driving. At the moment, people are reporting with the only available option of the "Police" icon, but that creates confusion as people are looking out for Police or Mobile Speed Camera vehicles. These cameras are pop-up type and are constantly moved at random, so if there's an icon showing a phone with some sort of orange or red background, it would make more sense. Additionally, Citylink has also bolted on new cameras on the e-tag overhangs, which is somewhat suspicious, so if this…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. prioritize environmentally friendly route proposals (with user-value)

nowadays, it is no longer appropriate to always display the fastest route as the default.
    just today waze wanted to send me from a 25.2 km route to a 49.9 km route because it was 5 minutes faster. I think 14% time savings for a 58% longer and thus a more material- and environment-harming route, not appropriate!
    in addition, vehicles consume less fuel when they drive slower (39 vs 70 km/h average in my example)

There should be a user-value in the options with defines the accepted time-distance-tradeoff. In my case a value of about 3 km/min would be…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Hi..I love using WAZE...I use it exclusively over my cars navigation system. My suggestion is for more reporting icons. We have policether v

How about a police icon on the move? Only have visible or not. Also, another icon for other emergency vehicles such as Ambulances or fire vehicles. Would really help to have them. Thanks!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Orient the onscreen selection buttons (such as vehicles on side of road yes/no) to favor up and down motion of outstretched arm

While trying to select buttons with an outstretched arm, you are more likely to have your hand move up and down instead of left to right. I sometimes make an incorrect button selection because of the unintended motion of my hand at the outstretched position. Orienting the touch buttons to minimize the error due to up/down motion would be better than favoring left to right size which is how it currently is

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Map display  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. On reporting an accident like car crashes, can a tickbox be created where the amount of vehicles involved can be indicated please?

Then the intensity and severeness of accident be established so to know if an alternative route should be taken or not??

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Closed road segment indicator

Due to road reconstruction, since the 16th of August and until , at least, the 22nd of December, the "rue nationale" in Charenton-du-Cher (France) is totally closed to both way traffic between, at the west, the crossroad with "rue neuve" and, at the east, the crossroad with "D41e".

Alternate local trafic is possible for light vehicles by "rue neuve" and "D41e". 

Trucks trafic, totally forbiden through Charenton-du-Cher, has to follow signs to alternate routes.

The Android Apps doesnt allow to indicate a closed road "long segment" which in this case would be very usefull !

Could you also put…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Option to enter 2 or more licence plates

Option to enter 2 or more licence plates since some people own 2 or more vehicles.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Vehicle  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Commercial idea

hello, my name is Cristina Drake and I have a genius proposal idea for Waze that will guarantee make their business 1000 times better. I have a commercial idea for that. The commercial starts off with a girl or a man in a car holding a paper map looking around, confused because they’re loss. Then suddenly a dark figure comes out of the mess who should be a Jedi master or someone that is bad from Star Wars. Like a bad guy, they didn’t say I can show you the Waze. It is ironic because instead of way, it’s Waze.…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Proximity sensor/alert for Vunerable road users

Proximity alert for Vunerable road users for rural roads to alert drivers and users of approaching vehicles presence

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Speedy Entrance to NMRH Village

All except vehicles with our village stickers should be directed to 9th St. corner Victoria Ave Entrance.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Need to STOP these massive auto and truck pile ups. There must be a way to warn oncoming traffic of major trouble ahead.

Need to STOP these massive auto and truck pile ups. There must be a way to warn oncoming traffic of major trouble ahead. Sure the first autos or trucks that cause the accident would not be effective but how about the many vehicles that are about to plow into them. 50 vehicles or more in these pileups is ridiculous with today's technology.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Android Auto Audio Control

Allow for audio control (mute, unmute of instruction and notifications) from the vehicle's screen when using Waze in Android Auto.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Great news! The Android Auto Audio control is now available in Waze. Install the latest app version to check it out.

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base