Map Editor Suggestions

Welcome to the Map Editor's suggestion box!

This is the place to share your ideas for improving the Waze Map editor.

Looking forward to reviewing your ideas,
The Waze Communities Team.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. https://ul.waze.com/ul?ll=33.93565869%2C-84.38937379&navigate=yes&zoom=15&utm_campaign=default&utm_source=waze_website&utm_medium=lm_share_l

At this point in your directions, Johnson Ferry road turns right, and Abernathy Road is straight. but your directions should say to stay straight to Abernathy get to GA 400. If you stay on Johnson Ferry, you would not get to GA 400.
    https://ul.waze.com/ul?ll=33.93565869%2C-84.38937379&navigate=yes&zoom=15&utm_campaign=default&utm_source=waze_website&utm_medium=lm_share_location

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. I495 on long island

When driving to Long Island, waze insists on traveling on I495. There are so many parkways without trucks on Long Island that you can make better time, yet every time I travel to Long Island it heads towards 495. Today I headed up Northern Parkway,, which waze was heading to eventually, in 8 fun filled miles of sitting. I got off when I saw a sign to Northern Parkway, 4 miles earlier, and took 3 minutes off of my time. I love waze, but Long Island driving is not waze driving. It stears you towards the interstate!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Remove layer sharing in permalinks

Currently, when making a permalink, you can share your layer settings by checking the "Include layer settings" checkbox. This will add the "s" parameter to the permalink so that anyone who opens it will see the map with your layer settings.
    In my experience this feature is literally never used and is frankly quite annoying. If someone sends you a PL this way, you will lose all your own layer settings and have to re-check all the layers that you had enabled.
    In my opinion, removing this feature would be the most effective solution as it is never used.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. SLUR behavior (speed limit update request)

Hi,
    a few month ago Irad told to make suggestions about SLUR, I took my time but here it is :

In the beginning, we had a SLUR for every request, and there were way too much of them because sometimes there is a lag in showing the new speed limit so people were reporting speed limit that were already good, and also because speed limit were not visible in the client until you exceeds the limit.

The idea of grouping them making cluster was implemented (against our will), and according to Merav last time I spoke with her about…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey!
    Thank you for this suggestion.

As it was announced in the forum we are currently working on improving the SLUR workflow and user experience.
    This suggestion will be taken into consideration in the work.

So, thank you again we will update accordingly.

Hezi

5. Invisible RTC's and visible TBR's

Add the ability to control the visibility of TBR and RTC in the client (and define it in WME).
    They say they often use the wrong type, just to match the required visibility.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Looking into the suggestion  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Invalid Railroad Regression Error

I would put this in Beta Bugs but I know that technically it is not a bug. So I am going to make it a suggestion instead.

If you have a railroad segment cross a street segment and you decide to junction them.
    (pic 1)
    You get an error when you save telling you that all turns are disallowed.
    (pic 2)

While technically this is true, you CAN"T allow the turns onto/off the railroad segment (and you shouldn't be allowed to).

This is a left over error from back when turns could be set on railroad segments and needs to…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Николай

Подскажите пожалуйста для грузовиков у Вас есть карта . Спасибо .

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. How do we find a way to avoid spurious hazard reporting of cars stopped on the shoulder when so often posing no risk to drivers?

It seems I'm many times on my local freeway journeys seeing situations where a hazard alert will come up for a car stopped when the car in question is safely parked (usually with no occupant outside) 4-5m away from the road itself presenting zero actual hazard to road users whatsoever. It often gives a 'for the sake it' type of feel (as if reported someone's kid is in the passenger seat bored). It is pretty annoying when it happens say more than 5 times in a 1 hr journey whilst you're driving along concerned about actual police and traffic incidents.…

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. modify navigation to Bombo Headland and Quarry

After recently speaking to sightseers looking for Bombo Headland while walking from Darien av I asked them what navigation tool they use. The name Waze came up. Sightseers navigating with Waze to Bombo Headland and/or Quarry are taken into Darien avenue, a residential street. I have recently successfully modified Google maps to direct navigation to the carpark at Bombo Beach which is the intended direction from Kiama council and is closer to these wonderful sightseeing places. Please see example here:- http://ow.ly/MBgg50DFXBp

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Restricted areas: L5 users can restrict Rank 6 segments

With restricted areas, a level 5 (or Level X user depending on what the final level will be when released in production/country setting) could currently add a restriction to a level 6 segment.

Steps: find a rank 6 segment, draw an area on it => The segment is restricted.

This may be a WAD (similar to closures for people who have closure permissions), but it's still risky and lowers the protection of the rank system. If the user deletes the area restriction right after the map update, the problem cannot be identified without staff intervention.

Permalink: https://beta.waze.com/editor/?env=row&l ... =244207735

by:…

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under consideration  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Implement reCAPTCHA v3

With the recent release of version 3 of reCAPTCHA (the thing you may get to see when you log in and the system suspects you may be a bot instead of a user), it would be a great idea to upgrade to the latest version. We've had several users who have had to fill in the CAPTCHA protection every time for some weird reason (I suspect someone in their neighbourhood is to blame), which could be alleviated with the new system. The system now gives you a score between 0 and 1 to gauge how trustworthy the request is. That…

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under consideration  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Selecting a search result shouldn't reset the zoom level

When using the WME search box to find a road, it would be really nice if WME could leave the current zoom level well alone rather than always resetting it to level 3.

Even if it just defaulted back to level 4 that'd be an improvement, but jumping back out to 3 means we then always have to zoom back in at least one step if we want to be able to select a street segment. And even at L4, anyone looking to do some work on point places would then need to zoom in one step more before they…

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Looking into the suggestion  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Surfacing House Number Errors

A nice feature would be to surface the real error message from house number additions. Sometimes when there is a conflict between segments, you get a generic "there was an error" type message, but the back end call has the full details which you can see through dev tools. For example:

This segment: https://www.waze.com/en-US/editor/?env=usa&lon=-97.48797&lat=30.16312&zoom=6&segments=48240740
    Conflicts with: https://www.waze.com/en-US/editor/?env=usa&lon=-94.82458&lat=29.82488&zoom=6&segments=48240740,511847520,511847562,511847579

When the city is listed as "none" (No City). When adding "115" to the latter, this resulted in an error (see attached)

However, the backend error that is returned by the web request is (see attached)

There's enough in the error message there…

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. ToolTip for LiveMap

Would you please consider adding a tooltip for the livemap link on the bottom of WME?
    It is not obvious at all what the icon does when you hover over it.

Maybe something like this would be useful when you hover of the icon ( see attached)

By: jm6087
    Link to original suggestion: https://www.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1525&t=307020

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Improvements in segment selection for road closures

Sometimes it's necessary to select multiple segments to perform a road closure either for MTE or for a conventional closure. After you have several segments selected, you accidentally select a node and all work is lost (the section disappears). I suggest making a modification that prevents the disappearance of the selection of these segments and notifies the editor that you selected a node and it will not be possible to make the respective closure (before or at the moment of trying to save). Obviously the idea is to give you the opportunity to remove the node from the selection and…

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. New Place Address

I'm not sure if it's a minor-bug or intended, but I ask you to take a look:

Issue regarding Map Editor Beta and Production.

:arrow: When you find a new place waiting for approval, if you click on the red arrow everything runs smooth, but if you feel the need to click on the yellow arrow to check what's that place is about before approving it (sometimes you can't tell just by the name title), notice it isn't possible to change the address... well maybe it's ok at this point before approving it.

(attachment 1)

• After you Approve you can't…

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Show RPP PUR's on feed list

There is no privacy issue involved here.

There's simply a pin in the map, among many others, but I can't find them like any others, just because category is "residential"

The privacy issues are solved by the already omitted creator/updater of the place. By not showing them, you are simply making it harder for the PUR be moderated, as we have to scan the map or rely on scripts to do that.

So, plainly: RPP PUR's should be shown in feed list just as any other PUR.

OBS: Previous discussion took place here: https://www.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=211&t=249211&p=1774596#p1774596

By: biuick84
    Link to original suggestion: …

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Address localization

lease allow localization of address field just as it is done in search results, so it would be possible to have "%{street} %{housenumber}" instead of "%{housenumber} %{street}" for some languages.

by matsalka
    Link to original suggestion: https://www.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1525&t=281056

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Allow taking a Place picture from Streetview

Requirements: the Streetview panel is open and the place layer is on

Then: allow creating a box on the Streetview panel. When a box is drawn add a bar saying: now select a place to apply this picture.
    Add an X on the box to delete it. Allow the user to resize the box.
    Set a minimum size and a fixed ratio (the one used by the client) for a decent resolution.
    Drawing a new box removes the previous one if present.

If then the user clicks on a place, ask him:

"would you like to set this selection as…

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Show house numbers on smaller zoom

Currently the layer of house numbers only works on the the zoom levels 7-10. Please enable it starting from zoom 5.

By: lg1992
    Link to the original suggestion: https://www.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1525&t=301585

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Map Editor Suggestions

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base