Skip to content

Waze Suggestion Box

Welcome and thank you for your interest in improving Waze!
As you share your ideas, here are a few friendly reminders:
  • There’s power in numbers! Search through existing suggestions to see if there's someone else with a similar idea and upvote it.
  • You can build upon an idea -- simply comment below your fellow Wazer's submission.
  • This forum is intended for user feedback and ideas. If you have an issue which needs support, please visit our help center.
Terms and conditions
  • Any comments, feedback, ideas, reports, suggestions, or other information you provide to Waze (part of Google LLC) about Waze products and services (collectively “Feedback”) is not part of your personal data.
  • You agree not to disclose, in your Feedback, to Waze any information, such as third-party information, that you are obligated to maintain as confidential.
  • Waze has no obligation to use your Feedback.
  • By submitting your Feedback in this page, you acknowledge that you are of the minimum age required to provide data processing consent in the applicable country where you are located and that you provide permission to Waze, and its affiliates, to use your Feedback and any information that personally identifies you to improve Waze’s current and future products and services in accordance with Waze's Privacy Policy (waze.com/legal/privacy).
  • Please avoid providing any personal information in your Feedback.
  • Providing a name, when submitting Feedback, is optional. If you choose to provide your name, it will be publicly displayed in this forum next to your Feedback. You can delete your name and provide your Feedback as an anonymous user at any time.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

500 results found

1. Fix bugs in Waze/Carplay interface

Hello Waze! Love your app but can't use it on CarPlay due to some technical issues. In my car Waze comes up very loud and seems impervious to the volume controls on my steering wheel, but when I persist, it stops talking to me all together which is not a good thing when you're in the middle of a Drive into a complicated traffic situation. Please fix this issue so I can start using and enjoying ways again. Unfortunately now I am using Google maps which I don't like nearly as much, but at least it allows me to turn…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. New UI prevents sleep after starting a drive

Sleep button used to be accessible via the bottom left menu. Now it’s inside the top right new UI which is not on screen (not clickable) when a drive is started…
    The UI changes need to be better tested for usability because this is frustrating and not needed…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Showing time in hh:mm Android auto

Why is waze showing driving time on android auto in minutes only instead of hours and minutes? It's now 270, not 4h 30 min.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Change “Work” label

You have the option of setting Home & Work locations. However, many of us work from home and could use the Work option for a second significant location (school, partner house, etc). Obviously we can still use this feature, but it’d be nice to be able to adjust the label accordingly so it reflect accurately!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Add distances to next POI

Audi Nav system has a really useful widget on the display showing how many miles/kms to the next POI along the route you have selected. By way of an example I found it really useful to be able to glance at the screen and see that the next service station was 3 miles away and the one after was 30 miles. This could be used for a variety of POIs and you could go as far to also add fuel/charging points and the prices of fuel at those areas. The key part of this idea though is that it considered…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Lane Guidance on Roundabouts

When approaching a roundabout in the UK, waze will not tell me which lane I need to be in, to take my desired exit.

This is something that Google maps does so WELL! Please consider adding this on waze.

45 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. “Still going?”

I left for a destination an hour later than what the "plan to leave..." or "time to leave" notifications suggested which caused an error in the app (since I left later, the trip notifications no longer worked). So I had to type in my destination address manually. Maybe this issue calls for some kind of "life happens" measure where you implement a prompt that asks, "Still going?" That way, we can still tap the notification to initiate the trip in a jam—even/especially when we’re super leaving late.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Smart Watch Notifications

It would be greatly beneficial if you all would incorporate a feature that Apple Maps (and Google Maps as well I’m told) has with smart watches. A gentle vibration to alert users to turns or hazards would be a great help. I use WAZE on the highway to alert me to hazards/speed traps, but for city driving, I use Apple Maps. This is specifically for the smart watch notifications

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Revert your recent update

Your recent upgrade has brought my rating from 5 stars to 2 stars.... Did you test this??? Or just release it and cross your fingers. As someone with experience in software upgrades and testing I would have been sacked for the mess now masquerading as Waze. It wasn't broken so Why??

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Knowing the direction of the closure

Hi>
    Why isn't the closure displayed in the app the same way it is on the Waze map editor?
    We often encounter misleading reports where users believe the entire street is closed.
    I believe it would be beneficial to add small arrows to the traffic closure, similar to those in the map editor, to indicate the direction of the closure.

thanks!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. One button reporting

This should be set by the user as to what the perceive is the most common issue.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Show the sleep button on all screens.

It’s too hard to scroll back to sleep- map stays on unless it’s disabled and will drain data and power. Make it easier to turn off.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Indications constante de vitesse maximum autorisée

Bonjour, à l'heure actuelle la limite de vitesse s'affiche en rouge une fois la vitesse dépassé. Serait-il possible de mettre constamment la vitesse maximum autorisée en gris derrière notre allure et afficher en plus gros et rouge une fois dépassé ?
    Sur les routes les panneaux change constamment de vitesse. Il est possible de loupé un panneau d'indication de vitesse. Avec le suivie waze ça nous indiquerai la bonne vitesse tout en précisant que waze n'est en aucun cas responsable de la vitesse du conducteur ou de la mauvaise indication de vitesse.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. POIs

Why can’t I save my own private POI? Not updating the map. But I can’t do I’ll go back to using my GPS navigation App instead

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Hazard/Police/Crash/Traffic icons on waze map screen

Please place Hazard/Police/Crash/Traffic Icons on waze map screen. It is difficult when driving to mark a Hazard/Police/Crash/Traffic while driving.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Plan a Drive not working!

When you save your drive a day or two in advance, as soon as you leave the app your drive is gone! Need this feature to work like it should, as commuters try to plan accordingly day(s) in advance to allow for traffic/construction delays.UPDATE this great feature so it works again.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Display current speed and limit when approaching speed camera

Currently speed camera alert covers whole bottom screen and hides current speed and allowed speed.

It would be super useful even just to see allowed speed!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Speed limits ahead

How about an Info of speed limits ahead on cirrent road.
    Why?
    If you travel over Land, you are usually allowed to do 100kmh. At intersections, small villages etc. the speed Limit is usually reduced to 70kmh. If there could be some kind of Information with a speed Limit ahead, about 300 to 500m ahead you could just take you foot of the Gas an let the car roll to safe energy. I Do it regularly on known Routers, if traffic allows it (no one behind me how might be annoyed). With this Methode I m able to have 1…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. More options for Home and Work places

From some time ago, I'm looking for an option to choose more than one place for "Home", but I can't find it. Also you can add extra options for places like work.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Korrektur der Adresse, Hausnummer nachtragen

bekomme ich bei der Eingabe automatisch die richtige Adresse, Straßennamen angezeigt kann ich diese zwar übernehmen, nicht aber die Hausnummer nachtragen. Ich muss immer erst die ganze Adresse schreiben wenn ich die Hausnummer beachtet haben möchte
    Anzeige der Postleitzahl ist auch wichtig um sicher die richtige Wahl zu treffen, wenn es Strasse in einer Stagt wie Berlin doppelt gibt

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 5 7 9 24 25
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base