Skip to content

Waze Suggestion Box

Welcome and thank you for your interest in improving Waze!
As you share your ideas, here are a few friendly reminders:
  • There’s power in numbers! Search through existing suggestions to see if there's someone else with a similar idea and upvote it.
  • You can build upon an idea -- simply comment below your fellow Wazer's submission.
  • This forum is intended for user feedback and ideas. If you have an issue which needs support, please visit our help center.
Terms and conditions
  • Any comments, feedback, ideas, reports, suggestions, or other information you provide to Waze (part of Google LLC) about Waze products and services (collectively “Feedback”) is not part of your personal data.
  • You agree not to disclose, in your Feedback, to Waze any information, such as third-party information, that you are obligated to maintain as confidential.
  • Waze has no obligation to use your Feedback.
  • By submitting your Feedback in this page, you acknowledge that you are of the minimum age required to provide data processing consent in the applicable country where you are located and that you provide permission to Waze, and its affiliates, to use your Feedback and any information that personally identifies you to improve Waze’s current and future products and services in accordance with Waze's Privacy Policy (waze.com/legal/privacy).
  • Please avoid providing any personal information in your Feedback.
  • Providing a name, when submitting Feedback, is optional. If you choose to provide your name, it will be publicly displayed in this forum next to your Feedback. You can delete your name and provide your Feedback as an anonymous user at any time.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

16474 results found

1. When you report a red light camera it should cover the area of the camera not just one side

When you report a red light camera it should cover the area of the camera not just one side. When you get close to that area you will get a alert no matter what side you are on.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Follow my drive web map should show alerts too

During Follow my Drive, your alerts and comments should be broadcasted too. Many times you're driving ahead of a group, and they want to know how the road conditions are. If your alerts appeared on the FMD web, they could see what you're reporting.

Maybe simply use the real time waze map instead of a blank map, so you can see alerts. Don't forget to include the feature for world.waze.com too and not just for the regular US waze.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Change the name of follow my drive menu category

When I want to share my drive, I have to go to menu - Send - Share my drive.

The menu category should be called "share drive" or something other than "send". Most people see it and say "send... send what?", and don't get it. A more descriptive name on that menu would help.

(Waze 3.7.2 on Android 2.3.6)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Remove browser for those that want a browser free phone. The twitter like page and the help page

Remove browser from waze. In twitter like and help menu.
    For those that want a browser free phone

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Expand URL Scheme

I would like to see an expanded URL scheme that would allow the reporting of traffic, accidents, police, etc. from apps like Launch Center Pro.

I frequently forget to start Waze and don't remember until I come upon an event I would like to report to help other users. It is sometimes too late to report the event by the time I can find Waze and hit the appropriate button. A URL action that could be launched from Launch Center Pro would be very helpful to quickly report these events if Waze isn't launched. It would increase my reporting dramatically.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Waze can report a major traffic-jam even if the application is turned off

Remember when you drove your regular route to work and suddenly you encountered an unexpected traffic-jam? Then you imagined to yourself what would have happen if the WAZE was turned on.
    If the application can report traffic-jams on your regular recorded routes even if the application is turned off, the situation can be avoided.
    I think it is very easy to create such ability to the program.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. "Friend Driving" Notification Should Be Adjustable Based On Distance

I don't need Waze to tell me that my friends in New York City or Miami are driving when I am in Toronto, Canada (unless, I guess, if they have set a route to come to Toronto). Waze should allow us to specify how far away a friend can be that it will notify us of the fact that they're driving.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. More camera types - security & unknown

Sometimes you just don't know what type of traffic camera it is. Waze needs to add a camera type called "unknown". Also, monitoring and security cameras at intersections are becoming increasingly popular, especially in urban areas. I see these cameras go up and down in ways because people miss report them as stoplight or speed cameras, when in fact they are merely security and traffic monitoring cameras. Therefore, just have another category called, "security" and be done with it. Drivers want to know what those cameras are in the first place, so Waze can certainly help there and prevent further…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. During long distance travel "Add a Stop" feature spreads options (eg cafe) too widely apart without asking for more input as to which side o

During long distance travel "Add a Stop" feature spreads options (eg cafe) too widely apart without asking for more input as to which side of travel this Added Stop would be searched for.

I have done long routes in the past and half of the Stops that it finds are near my end point far in the distance and unnecessary for what I'm looking for at the time.

So an additional question "Close, or futher down" OR "Within the next _miles or _ minutes " would get better results for folks looking for a good stop either now or…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. sound for instructions very choppy

The sound on my saying galaxy s2 is very, very choppy. I hear about 1 of every 3 or 4 words. My roommate's phone, same type, has the same problem. This makes it difficult to actually use the app.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Reporting Queue

Can you please add reporting queue. When, e.g. I am traveling for 60 km's I get 5 or 6 reports per travel, but I want to simply record the location and use "Later" button to report it later (at destination, or gas station), but when I do this twice or more, the last report overwrites the previous one, so I can't post all problems (constructions, map errors, etc.).

I know, for example when I am reporting car at edge of road, this might be old information, but I want to use this option mainly for constructions, map errors, etc. where…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Add a setting to eliminate events

There is a setting to limit the number of events to On route only, 5 miles, 10 miles, etc, but there is no way to completely eliminate event pop ups. This is very annoying as I use my phone to listen to music and every time I get a n event pop up, the music stops for a few seconds. Please create and option to have no event pop ups.

Thank you.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. 4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Why not believe me 1st time I report road closed? Why send me a 2nd time the same way?

You guys really sucked today. Reported exact same road closure 4 days ago after being 20 mins late bc WAZE didn't know. Now today WAZE sends me same way again!!!!! You guys are jerks for not believing me 1st time. I told you it was RR XING construction project. Why not look it up after I report it 1st time so you know how long to leave closure in place??? I shouldn't have to deal w same closure I reported already to you a 2nd time.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. No group search results come up for my group "Transporters". Why? Search results need to be fixed.

Fixing search results so people can find you. Also nickname should be used as creator. I have asked people to search for it and nothing. Also have a way to send invites other than through Facebook. Should be able to invite single users. Email has no link to my username. Why?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 'Add a stop' by touching the map

Today, you can only add a stop by choosing a favourite or typing a location. Often, when I drive to a certain location, I stop by a small detour on the map of a location I just know by ... location. I think being able to just open up the map and touch where you need to go would greatly improve the 'Add a stop' feature

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Fix Nav/Add a stop -

When I add a stop (iPhone 4s) The navigation usually gets "stuck" in "proceed to the highlighted route" and updates sporadically, if at all. The car icon tracks properly on the map, but the text is frozen. This happens most of the time I use "Add a stop".

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base